It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea officially denies any involvement in Sony Hack, wants joint investigation with US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I have been thinking along the same lines. Does the North Koreans have that kind of talent? To hack a major, and I can only guess, very secure network just before a cluster of DDOS attacks. I don't believe in coincidence, I think it's time to look for Russian, Chinese, or perhaps even Indian finger prints.
If the Sony hack and DDOS attack are unrelated, perhaps it was sponsored by a corporate competitor in the movie business and not a sinister foreign government entity. I am sure a corporation the size of Sony, must have enemies.
A third idea, did anyone short sell Sony stock the day of the news release? Millions could have been and surly were made.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Bah, nonsense. My truth and reality isn't dictated by what others think or say including the FBI in all their wisdom.

Mine isn't either,but unless something is proven that it is about something other than the movie all you have is speculation, and speculation doesn't show proof.

No but believing the official version until shown otherwise is akin to starting in a hole climbing through bull#. Best to start of highly skeptical because historically speaking it's a safe bet. Than go from there.... Que Bono? Who benefits? We'll see soon enough Id wager, more speculation of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
www.politico.com...

12/16/14 10:01 AM EDT
MICROSOFT: WE'RE STILL PUSHING FOR ECPA REFORM — Apple, Verizon, eBay, Cisco, a host of other tech companies, advocacy groups and even the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are supporting Microsoft as it battles the government over customer email data held on a Dublin server. Those companies filed amicus briefs in Microsoft's appeal to the Second Circuit yesterday. No matter the outcome of the case, Deputy General Counsel Mary Snapp tells our colleagues at Morning Tech, Microsoft "will continue to be very, very engaged on issues of data security and privacy,” including reforming the 1986 Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the law underlying government claims to emails on the Dublin server. During a webcast timed to coincide with the amicus briefs, Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith addressed end-to-end encryption services offered by Apple, Google and other companies in the months since the Microsoft case began. Those services would make a company unable to turn over customer data even in response to a warrant. “If everyone wants to avoid an arms race in the tech space,” he said, “the only one way to avoid it is arms negotiations that lead to better laws.” The government will respond to Microsoft sometime around March, and hearings will start later in the spring.

Think this might have something to do with it?

You know if this goes through. Than any information Microsoft would have if it has any at all about the hacking as well as google. Would be legally under lock and key.....

Convinent?

A little to convinent.

Source The Guardian

It is believed to be the first time a US company has fought the government against a domestic warrant for data held overseas and it is likely to prove one of the most important test cases to emerge since the NSA leaks. It is a case almost tailor-made for Smith. Microsoft’s top lawyer since 2002, he has a deep interest in the long history of government challenges to privacy – challenges he says have often been triggered by wars and by changes in technology. Smith says the current debate, and Microsoft’s upcoming court case, were “historically inevitable”. “The pendulum swung for lots of reasons we can understand following 9/11. The pendulum always swings back, that’s one of the lessons of history,” he says. Washington has often clamped down on personal liberty during times of war. Smith cites President John Adams’s introduction of the alien and sedition acts in the name of national security in 1798, during a “quasi-war” with France. The bills effectively disenfranchised voters who disagreed with Adams. One of the acts, the alien enemies act, was used by Franklin D Roosevelt to intern Japanese Americans during the second world war, another egregious example of government overreaction in the name of security.

This stuff is flying under the radar.

I think this should be looked into. We could be seeing the start of Companies waging war... Over our privacy lol.
edit on 20-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Bah, nonsense. My truth and reality isn't dictated by what others think or say including the FBI in all their wisdom.

Mine isn't either,but unless something is proven that it is about something other than the movie all you have is speculation, and speculation doesn't show proof.

No but believing the official version until shown otherwise is akin to starting in a hole climbing through bull#. Best to start of highly skeptical because historically speaking it's a safe bet. Than go from there.... Que Bono? Who benefits? We'll see soon enough Id wager, more speculation of course.

Maybe, but I just don't see it.

I mean if the US wanted to frame NK, surely they would do it in a way that came across as much more sinister. I just don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that a rogue dictator could just snap over a stupid movie. I respect your skepticism though.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

think of it this way, If it was microsoft and google who hacked sony. They could both keep the information or pass it on to associates.

With this court case coming up, And with paramount Being in Los angels, CA USA. They have affiliation with Microsoft.

The Court case is in spring. They don't exactly have to hand in any information until then if any choice is made for the case.
So eitherway. Why target sony for a movie? When they could of targeted Paramount? the actually producer of the film? Sony was chosing to be a supplier right? To print the CDs.

i think north korea is a convinent scape goat right now. For a lot of different companies that want this EPA bill to come into effect in the USA
edit on 20-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

No but believing the official version until shown otherwise is akin to starting in a hole climbing through bull#.

So speculating is better...gotcha.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm amazed that in all these topics on the hacks that I haven't seen 4chan mentioned as the perpetrator. This is the exact kind of thing they excel at. Finding minor exploits in what one would otherwise figure is a heavily defended network and then leaking everything they can. Do I need to remind everyone of The Fappening? Granted they tend to take credit for their leaks but causing an international incident seems to like something they'd do for the lols.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Right now, the evidence points to North Korea and its involvement in hacking due to the movie.

That said, this was a good tactic by the North Koreans, although they could have offered the joint inquiry without the threat...We'll see where this goes, but i'm not expecting much. It's about time all these powers stop treating each other like # and actually engage in diplomatic relations...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I have no way of knowing who is behind this hack, but the story we are told just seems crazy!

I dont think NK did it. Why? Because almost everything that comes from the USA has been proven to be lies or proganda, they always have "evidence", but wont ever share... Why tell the truth now? I mean, that has never been there style...

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The 4chan guys would be the ones whining when the PS4 site isn't up. They wouldn't risk their play time by hurting Sony via the net.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My gut is telling me that they were not involved in the attack. And it could be that they are being used as a scapegoat, to put blame on them bringing the heat off whomever is really doiing the attacks.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
And we just watched Obama announce the legitimacy of the claims against NK.

Isn't it amazing how quickly he solves these mysteries.

It's almost like he's clairvoyant.

Except, he has "proof".

This has got to be the most audacious publicity stunt since War of the Worlds.

Some things never change.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

After all, they are part of the 'Axis of Evil'. The NSA is all over their stuff. The info is just a phone call away for the prez.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Does anyone else not think its a bit suspect that the threats (whoever made them) stated 9/11 style attacks for theaters showing this movie when a few days before this the UK ATC systems went down after being effected by a 'glitch'... Possibly a demonstration of what the hackers can do/how serious they are???
edit on 20/12/14 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Really? You're going to try to bash Obama over this? He can only rely in the information he's given. The FBI, the people responsible for investigating cyberterrorism, told him it was North Korea. What do you want him to do?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Really? You're going to try to bash Obama over this? He can only rely in the information he's given. The FBI, the people responsible for investigating cyberterrorism, told him it was North Korea. What do you want him to do?

How about he does what he promised to do when he first got elected in to office?? Remember the Nobel PEACE price he won?? He told the world, he was gonna bring peace, not war!!
He has ALWAYS been a liar, what have changed??

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Most interesting to me is the idea that North Korea is offering to help with an investigation about anything. They have gone to great lengths to shield themselves from any type of scrutiny in the past, and now they are going to cooperate over what amounts to calling in a bomb threat?

And, how can they prove it wasn't them unless they can prove it was someone else, acting independently from the North Korean government?

Trust is something earned, and North Korea has a worse track record on trust than the United States government does, but not by much.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Actually I could see them using it as a status thing....like "we have the best hackers in the world don't F with us"....they do that crap all the time.

Who knows though....everyone is lying constantly I am starting to barely watch the news anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Actually I could see them using it as a status thing....like "we have the best hackers in the world don't F with us"....they do that crap all the time.

Which is why you can't say NK didn't do it, also they are trying to stay relevant in the world as right now Russia and Syria dominate the world of news.

Little Un wants to be a big player in the world, and the fact that nobody is talking about him probably makes him a bit upset.

And the fact the movie kills him off probably doesn't sit too well with him either.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am usually not a "false flag" guy, but something here STINKS.

It is correct, my gut feeling also tells me that it wasn't NK and that this normally isn't their MO.

Remember that this hack also included to release emails some weeks ago ("What a untalented actress Angelina Jolie is")....etc..etc... why ON EARTH would NK have an interest in hacking into SONY and release such emails and also hack into SONY and release not yet released movies "Fury" and "Annie" on torrent sites etc.?

People say "there is evidence" that NK did it...just because our news sites mention "some FBI experts" who claim this, without anyone ever SEEN such evidence...better even..not surprisingly the FBI doesn't release any information on how they obtained this "evidence". How stupid are we supposed to be?

There is ONE major player who would profit from this...and it's..you guess....SONY.

SONY, one of the most vile and evil companies (Google "SONY rootkit scandal" if you don't know what this is) is by pure "coincidence" (yes, lol!!) also pushing for significant changes on how the internet works. Those changes would profit SONY and would significantly affect our liberties and freedom on the internet extremely negatively.

This "hack" is used so that SONY can push those changes to the internet under the guise of "safety and more security".

Give it a few weeks and you will see THE GOVERNMENT(S!) where we all know they're in bed with big corporates like SONY push for "internet reforms". Just wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join