It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saved by grace thru faith alone: What is a work?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Jesus died for the whole world, not just certain people.

That was my point.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

The only evidence needed by a true follower of Christ to see others is just simply by their works their fruit will be shown if any fruit should even be bared. But for me I try not to judge at all if possible because I myself was once one of the worst kinds of sinners satanic to the core, deep in black magic, drugs, crime, etc dark times but my flesh was extremely happier back then lol... I died during a ritual and that's when I truly experienced God's true love and how special us humans truly are. It took me being dead 7 and a half minutes to get it right lol, who am I to say anything of anyone regardless where they are in their walk. Hell I'am just thankful God loved me enough to spare me from hell back then because if God didn't intervene when I died I WOULD BE IN HELL NOW, so thank you God for my creation and everyone else. Long story short the only thing we should truly worry about is our standing with God and Jesus Christ Amen and God Bless.

That's an amazing story, God did spare you for His glory and your joy. Praise the Lord you were given a 2nd chance at life. That is a great testimony. :-)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Luke's writing of the disciples' meeting the risen Lord on the road to Emmaus also points to Real Presence in the Eucharist. The Lord took the bread, blessed it, broke it and then gave it to them , at which point they then recognized Him.

LOL!!!!

Do you know WHY they immediately recognized Him when He broke the bread???

He had a NAIL HOLE in each of His hands!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Thank you I just hope I can help as many as possible in these times and do all I can to do right by Jesus and God. I stumble like anyone else but the difference is when we know Jesus we can get back up and try to do better without all we end up doing is sinking. I pray God blesses you abundantly and spiritually and physically and gives you the special annointing for these end times in Jesus name Amen. And wish you the sincere best in your walk with the Lord as well. I will Look forward to a drink with you during the wedding of the Lamb which isn't really that long away now lol Amen

And we will save a drink for every ATS member for the wedding of the Lamb hoping they arrive, for God wish that no soul should be lost, just as many shall perish due to lack of knowledge or in ATS terms deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

. . . save a drink for every ATS member for the wedding . . .
I hope they show up here and now because the bride is here, the government of the Kingdom of God under the administration of Christ, the church of Jesus, and we are in the end-time, since the church was created, the age of the opening up to the gentiles into the kingdom.

edit on 22-12-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

I am not trying to argue friend lets try and see what the Bible truly teaches. Now you say this is literal. Why should I take this as literal rather than Christ foreshadowing his own death for the sins of the world? Christ also says he is the living bread does that mean Christ is literally bread?

Now from my perspective Christ makes a transition literal speaking to figurative speaking in verses 48-49 of john 6 as he compares himself to the manna of their ancestors .

The change from bread and wine, into The Body and Blood of Christ(transubstantiation) is of course a complete mystery, we will never fully understand.

The Body of Christ is the Church. I don't have a problem believing God could do this, but I wouldn't see a point in Him doing such a thing. It makes much more sense to view this verse as a foreshadowing to His work on the cross.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"I wouldn't see a point in Him doing such a thing"

One of the first things I learned as a young Catholic Christian, "He is God, and I am NOT".

Because there are teachings I don't fully understand, doesn't mean I simply abandon them, or dream up an explanation that fits my worldly, fallen nature. Thats the beakuty of the magesterium of The Roman Catholic Church. The Church founded by Jesus, by giving the keys to Peter. The mystical Body of Christ. The Church. The Church that 1/5th the human population on earth follows today; not too shabby for a lowly child born in a stable, under the watchful eye of a lowly carpenter and his 15 year old wife.

"This saying is hard; who can accept it?" (and a bunch of them bolted)

"Does this shock you?" "But there are some of you who do not believe". ""Do you also want to leave?"

"Master, to whom shall we go?"

Ignatian: "I'll stay!, I'll stay!!!"

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

edit on 23-12-2014 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

One of the first things I learned as a young Catholic Christian, "He is God, and I am NOT".

Because there are teachings I don't fully understand, doesn't mean I simply abandon them, or dream up an explanation that fits my worldly, fallen nature.

Jesus intdends for His believers to get to know Him. That means every mystery can be revealed, if you ask the Father in Jesus' name and in the power of the Holy Spirit. By the Holy Spirit, I mean confessing your known sins directly to the Father in private, not a priest.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of a king to seek it out."

If there is truth to Transubstantiation, the ask God to show you. Put Him to the test. That is the only way to seek out a matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

. . . save a drink for every ATS member for the wedding . . .
I hope they show up here and now because the bride is here, the government of the Kingdom of God under the administration of Christ, the church of Jesus, and we are in the end-time, since the church was created, the age of the opening up to the gentiles into the kingdom.

Amen you are spot on with that statement. I hope many eyes and hearts will awaken in these times before it is too late. God bless you and may we all be strengthened in Christ through these times and after...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

One of the first things I learned as a young Catholic Christian, "He is God, and I am NOT". Because there are teachings I don't fully understand, doesn't mean I simply abandon them, or dream up an explanation that fits my worldly, fallen nature

I haven't abandoned any of Christ teachings. You didn't answer any of my questions. Do you really want to know the truth? I do. So why don't you actually talk about this rather than assuming I am wrong just because you've been taught something your whole life doesn't make it true. Again I will ask you why should it be taken as literal? Grammatically in John 6 Christ makes a transition from literal speaking to figurative in verses 48-49 he makes a comparison. There are two ways to make a comparison, simile and metaphor. Christ takes a metaphorical approach as he compares himself to the bread of their ancestors.

Christ returns to literal speaking after they are offended in which he clarifies that his metaphor was about our spirit not our flesh.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Notice after they are offended he says the words I speak unto you are are spirit and they are life. Christ words were for the spirit not the flesh. Our Spirit must eat of his flesh and his blood meaning our Spirit must accept what He has done for us on the cross. This is the way the text reads. I am not dreaming up anything simply following Scripture.

Thats the beakuty of the magesterium of The Roman Catholic Church. The Church founded by Jesus, by giving the keys to Peter. The mystical Body of Christ

The Church founded by Christ is all believers it is not of this world friend. The Bible makes it quite clear that the Church is all believers and not a local church building. The only Church that I recognize is that of Christ. Christ church is not the Catholic Church but as I have said three times now its the body of believers. So to me Catholic, Baptist, Methodist doesn't really matter as long as we both accept the same Christ.
edit on 23-12-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The Church is the mystical body of Christ. I've mentioned that several times. we dont disagree here brother. Jesus is "the head" of the mystical body. (and Mary is the neck)

I've answered your questions with logic and with scripture. See also St Paul verifying the Eucharist in 1Corinthians 11: 23-27. I can give you many more.

Devout Jews they were. Here was the Messiah. They'd witnessed miracles, maybe saw him walk on water. And they turned and left him after he said this. Their Lord and Savior, and they denied the teaching and left. And Jesus did not stop them.

You read a lot between the lines, and imply much into the scripture. And it's simply your opinion, zero authority. This is why there are 30,000 Christian denominations, everyone thinks they have the correct version lol

The first 1500 years of Christianity had ONE denomination. And that's The Catholic Church. Whatever Bible you're quoting, you can thank the Catholic Church for its existence. The first 300 years or so of Christianity, there was not even a Bible in existence, until it was finally decided what canon belonged in the bible. The Catholic Church has The Authority given by Jesus to Peter. Period.

But we're all brothers in Christ, friend. We agree more than we disagree. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and communion with the Holy Spirit be with you. Keep digging.

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why do you refer to the apostle Paul as "saint"? In the Bible ALL born-again believers are called saints of the Most High.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"Whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth, will be loosened in heaven". These are Jesus' words to Saint Peter. The Keys. The authority. It is with this authority that The Catholic Church determines if someone is a saint or not.

Practically speaking however, the word saint comes from sanctus, to be sanctified. A saint is simply someone who is in heaven.

St Paul called baptised followers of Jesus saints because of their sanctifying grace, and depth of belief. But he didnt mean it in the same way we say it today.

It is the goal of the faithful to become saints.

I was born again also, when The Catholic priest baptized me in The Name of The Father, and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit.

Become like a little child, call to Abba, lose your ego, be humble. He is God, you are not. So, dont just make it up to fit your worldview or preconceived notions. Therefore listen to the Church that contains the fullness of Truth, the one founded by Jesus, the one with the authority.

reply to: NOTurTypical

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

St Paul called baptised followers of Jesus saints because of their sanctifying grace, and depth of belief. But he didnt mean it in the same way we say it today.

He didn't mean it in the way you guys do, I'll stick with the Biblical model. All born-again believers are saints of the Most High. I don't see a problem in using the terminology the Bible uses.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
John 6
It took no physical work for Rahab to recieve the messagers that was simply an dangerous act she preformed based on faith in God. Choosing to trust in Christ is the only work God requires. Christ is the root of all Good works because all good works are done with faith in Him in mind.

I am not trying to be mean or disrespectful, or break the rules, but you are not the smartest one are you?

You are deifying Christ just as he Romans ended up doing. Not surprisingly, you are opposing the teachings of Christ. Usually people oppose the teachings of Christ out of selfishness, but you are doing it out of ignorance.

Christ was a teacher of righteousness, a teacher of the Law, a teacher of the New Covenant.

Now it is not your fault that the pitiful scholar frauds are lying to you, I know that. But it can be your fault that you deify someone and make them the answer to all of your problems. Jesus would have laughed at that. Christ taught the law, which means after learning what was taught you will be able to define what is righteous. Christ is not a deity, that is Christ is not a god that you just believe in and pray to and all of a sudden everything is right. That is a shame. That is what Paul taught you, but Paul killed James the brother of Jesus, Paul was stuck on not letting you know the truth, and now as a result you do not know the truth, and you like many others go around teaching that Christ is a savior and Son Of God, but the whole time you reject the teachings and words of Christ, so you are a total 100% religious hypocrite, to lazy to read all scriptures for yourself, and too insecure to learn the truth. So when Christ called himself the Son of Man, and Servant, you have absolutely no idea why. You are a hypocrite because you fight for everything in the name of Christ, yet you oppose everything that Christ taught. A new age blasphemous hypocrite, and nothing less. But, if the dumb Romans didn't lie to you than things many be different, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

He didn't mean it in the way you guys do, I'll stick with the Biblical model. All born-again believers are saints of the Most High. I don't see a problem in using the terminology the Bible uses.

The writers of the bible wrote based on their audience, that is why there are contradictions between the gospels. The writers of the bible wrote to guide human to a new religion, that is why the accounts of historians differ from the accounts of the bible, but they differ only in names and dates, the history and events are still the same. I am very sorry that your precious trusted book turned out like that, and I am also very sorry that your mind is so stubborn and ignorant that you reject any truth no matter what form it comes to you by.

The word "God" is a pagan name. If you have any respect then you would quit using that name. The name "Most High" is also a pagan reference saying that 'this' God is more high than the others. If you have any respect then you would quit using that name. The word "Lord" means 'King.' I you want to call the Creator 'king' than so be it. The claim 'Son of God' is a pagan term going back to the flood and solar worship of Christmas and Easter. That is why Jesus denied that term, when they called him that, and said 'Son of Man.' The word "Jesus" is a Greek name for either Joshua or Judas of Galilee, some maintain it was Yeshua originally meaning modern day Joshua, but some have learned from the account of Josephus that Judas of Galilee was the true historical Christ, I would say there is more evidence for that. But If you had any true respect then you would quit using the name 'Jesus.'

In fact the bible could be called the book of lies. So I am sorry that you have not investigated enough to realize the deception that was implemented for the world 2,000s years ago. Remember that Christ was put to death because he was not in power, the Romans were in power, and they didn't like you that much to care about telling you the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
nm
edit on 24-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

The claim 'Son of God' is a pagan term going back to the flood and solar worship of Christmas and Easter.

You're blowing smoke. He preferred the term "Son of Man" because it was a direct reference to the Moshiach Nagid (Messiah the King) from the OT, but He never rejected Son of God, in fact He praised Peter for recognizing it first. He just didn't reveal that He was the Son of God during his ministry.

"16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven." ~ Matthew 16:16-17

And the Romans didn't care about Jesus, 7 different times Pilate declared Jesus innocent. He agreed to the murder to shut them up and prevent a riot.

edit on 24-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, where did that come from? lol. Serious, I'd be curious what your source would be? I'm new here, and don't recognize many names, so i'm not familiar with your bend. I mean no disrespect of your belief, but alot of your stuff is new to me.

I thought in this forum, it was implied that we all believe in God. Do you not believe Jesus was God?

Did you know when I string 3 letters together to form the word G-O-D, to spell God, it's actually a metaphor? Yes, the word "God" is a metaphor. ALL words are metaphors. In reality, there is no name for God. It...He....can't be put into words. He just....is. Ask an Orthodox Jew, they know what I mean. Have a few cold ones and chew on that!

Grace and peace to you brother.

a reply to: greyer

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I thought in this forum, it was implied that we all believe in God. Do you not believe Jesus was God?

Oh no, most do not. At least the God of the Bible, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join