It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on the CIA Torture "revelations"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I am certain that every facet of a scenario can be looked at through rose colored glasses.

Just as rulers, nations, and ideals can be.

-NF

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

i try to think of it like this.
we are at war. we come across john doe on the other side...we will blow his head off or hit him with a grenade or blast him with a flame thrower. no problem.
thats all ok but water boarding is a big no no?

i just dont get it.

This statement is pretty much exactly how I view it, from a slightly different skew.

Thank you for being brave enough to standup and state your views when they are not popular.

I'm probably the only one that will star you for this. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone has starred or flagged my post here. I am not writing any of this to win a popularity vote.

I am standing up and stating my viewpoint and opinion, no matter what others think.

-NF

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Alright folks......

Anxiety of the world is setting in. My spine is beginning to feel like opposing tectonic plates.

I'm heading to the Vape shop to take my mind off of my worries (job, cashflow, taking care of family) and laugh for a bit.

Please don't do anything BUT state your opinion here, no matter how radical it may be.

But please also do me one favor. Please try to see things from the other perspective. You may not agree, but your mind deserves the mental exercise of stretching every now and then.

Without such mental calisthenics the mind atrophies.

-NF

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

no need to thank me
im always honest about how i feel
people dont have to agree

it is not so much that i am pro torture. it is more like i am not against it.

i just dont see how we can maim and kill and mutilate on the 'battle field' and that is supposed to be fine and dandy, but we cant crush their head in a vice after they have been up for 3 days listening to metallica.

i just dont get it

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

How do "they", the torturers know that the person they are torturing has the information they are looking for?

Secondly, if that person doesn't have the information they want, after awhile the person being tortured will make something up or tell them what they want to hear!

What good is that information?

Torture is barbaric and pointless.

There are many drugs that can be used instead of violence.

Sodium pentothal, a certain drug popular at raves, and I am quite sure there are new ones we the public haven't even heard of yet.

The "War on Terror" has done nothing more than create more terrorists! Allowed the US government to spy on it's own citizens, and expand on who is a terrorist just with a stroke of a pen!

What would be useful is finding out the information the torturers were trying to extract, but we will never know that now will we?

Be careful what you wish for, because if it isn't already happening to our own citizens, it soon will be!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I really appreciate your posting your own views here, though I may disagree with them, a healthy debate is a great mental workout.

Also very glad to hear you vape. I'm a vape user as well, going on 5 years now. It's almost become like a hobby for me. I love rebuilding my atomizers and fogging up my little apartment! Very therapeutic.

Regarding your reply to me: I used to look at the world through very Rose Colored glasses. I've become a bit more of a realist as I age, but I still do admittedly hold onto some my younger, idealistic notions. I want to live in a world where torture isn't necessary, so I advocate against it when the topic comes up. Is it a realistic ideal? Maybe not yet. But perhaps voices like mine can one day be a beacon of reason against barbarism.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

are throwing grenades at people supposed to make them feel warm and cozy?
bombs?
machine guns?

yeah

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

are throwing grenades at people supposed to make them feel warm and cozy?
bombs?
machine guns?

yeah

There is a difference between combat and torturing someone who isn't armed right?

Apples and oranges, and FYI I am against drone strikes because of the collateral damage.......

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There is a difference between combat and torturing someone who isn't armed right?

Apples and oranges, and FYI I am against drone strikes because of the collateral damage.......

i dont see the distinction.
seems like trying to justify one and not the other to me.

its just not something i can wrap my brain around.

we can go to war and kill thousands of people every day, but only in certain ways.
we can maim them on the battlefield but we cant make them stay awake

makes no sense to me....

those are my thoughts.

again. i am not pro torture. i am not anti torture either.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Sorry, if it's time for war, chivalry and knighthood is antiquated. How can you adhere to rules that others will not?
Flame on.-NF

After WW2, America hanged Japanese for waterboarding Americans. Need I say more?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i dont see the distinction.
seems like trying to justify one and not the other to me.

its just not something i can wrap my brain around.

we can go to war and kill thousands of people every day, but only in certain ways.
we can maim them on the battlefield but we cant make them stay awake

makes no sense to me....

those are my thoughts.

again. i am not pro torture. i am not anti torture either.

Like my first post stated. "The war on terror has done nothing more than create more terrorists.".

If China invaded the US tomorrow and occupied us, wouldn't the Chinese media being reporting that the US citizens fighting against them as terrorists????

It's a mind game!

One I choose not to buy into........

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

i dont recall saying anything about terrorist or the war on terror

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

i dont recall saying anything about terrorist or the war on terror

Isn't this what the torture issues are about?

You also failed to address why they don't use drugs to get information either.........

No worries....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Col. Nathan Jessup said it correctly.

You cant handle the truth. We live in a world with walls. You want me on that wall and need me on that wall.
You rise and sleep under the blanket of the freedom that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it.

We sleep soundly here in the USA because violent men are prepared to take violent actions against your and my enemies.

So either just go about your business or pick up a weapon and stand on the wall with me.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Isn't this what the torture issues are about?

You also failed to address why they don't use drugs to get information either.........

No worries....

i dont know, is it?
i thought it was about torture.
didnt know it was terrorist exclusive

im sorry but i didnt know i had to address every tidbit of your post. was there even a question?
----
There are many drugs that can be used instead of violence.

Sodium pentothal, a certain drug popular at raves, and I am quite sure there are new ones we the public haven't even heard of yet.
------
well, not a question but i will still address it.
yup. drugs like that would be much better suited to getting info.
hows that?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: recapitulated

i eat breakfast 500 yards away from people that want to kill me
thats a great movie.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

it is 400 yards.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Seems this video is making the rounds again on CNN.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

yup memories,,

and my take on said video are still the same

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hands down.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: recapitulated
a reply to: Grovit

it is 400 yards.

www.imdb.com...

Col. Jessep: I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous.

smart ass

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: recapitulated

The problem a lot of people see with your statement is that nobody has threatened that wall in a long, LONG time.

The wars we fight now are not to protect our own, but to protect corporate interests.

The soldiers in our wars don't fight for freedom, they fight for profit.

You say I can't handle the truth? I say you don't know the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join