It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexodus: The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

i think this is a generalization made out of fear and ignorance
fact is the quality of people (both sexes) has been declining
greed and exploitation are the name of the game now

sure you might go out and get laid here and there but who really wants to filter through the garbage for one of the few actual human beings left
your best bet now is to stop looking and if it comes it comes but dont hold your breath

not many people i know that are actually happy with the long term relationships they have found themselves in
edit on 10-12-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

I remember reading somewhere that women would actually be the bigger perpetrators of domestic violence if not for their lesser (in most cases) physical strength and even despite that might be because of incidents that go unreported. It's apparently not because they are innately more violent than men but because men have a higher level of emotional control. Stereotypes abound. Personally I have never had a woman act aggressively towards me in any capacity I didn't find more amusing than threatening but throwing knives is serious and I also wouldn't know how to deal with that beyond extracting myself from the situation.

edit on 10-12-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
Naw, I was with a very decent woman for many many years, almost got married. Until, like every woman, snaps.

Because most men don't put a woman in her place, emotions run wild.

Why do you think a woman has never been president?

Are you telling me that when your on the rag( I think your a woman). And you throw a knife at me because of whatever excuse you'll use, and I retaliate In defense force.. I will go to jail 100%

Through my experiences on my own and my friends, there's not a god damn thing I can do.

Did you write your reply based on truth or emotions?

Bro...

Prepare for incoming....if you have a steel jock strap better get it on.

Cause, they are going to kick you right in your hyper masculine nuts.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

sure you might go out and get laid here and there but who really wants to filter through the garbage for one of the few actual human beings left

An actual human being would.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Nah. His karma will be dying alone, childless, grandchildless... a bitter old man. Probably sometime around 70 he'll realize he was an idiot and pissed his life away on his fragile ego. Too old to correct it, young enough to live with it.
edit on 12/10/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
Naw, I was with a very decent woman for many many years, almost got married. Until, like every woman, snaps.

just out of the blue, huh? weird.

Because most men don't put a woman in her place, emotions run wild.

yours? or theirs?

Why do you think a woman has never been president?

not for the same reasons you do.

Are you telling me that when your on the rag( I think your a woman).

yeah ok, bud, is that meant to insult me? lol

And you throw a knife at me because of whatever excuse you'll use, and I retaliate In defense force.. I will go to jail 100%

you are selecting for circus performers? you get whatcha get.

Through my experiences on my own and my friends, there's not a god damn thing I can do.

oh, so you did time for domestic abuse? and have buddies who also make poor choices that reinforce their biases?

Did you write your reply based on truth or emotions?

?snoitome ro hturt no desab ylper ruoy etirw uoy diD

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Nah. His karma will be dying alone, childless, grandchildless... a bitter old man. Probably sometime around 70 he'll realize he was an idiot and pissed his life away on his fragile ego. Too old to correct it, young enough to live with it.

Dang...

That's bleak.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

an actual human being would waste years and years of their life desperately searching for something they will probably never find while subjecting themselves to psychological horrors that crush their faith in humanity and make them more and more depressed?
(until eventually theyre left a tired worn out husk willing to accept anything they can get and rationalize it as love)
sounds about right actually

no thanks though
i enjoy my time too much to subject myself to that kind of torture
any remotely successful relationship i have had or seen has been a surprise
you go out looking.....youre going to settle..... maybe for years

hope for the best
expect the worst (because often enough thats what youre going to find)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Well, I hope he sees the light long before then. It's not something I'd wish on anyone... it's too sad.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
It would be funny if men went on strike for a while, forcing radical feminists to do all the hard manual labour jobs that men do.

I don't think it would be long before they admitted defeat.

I think you're wrong.

While I agree with him 100%.

You agree that when women are faced with a challenge, they're gonna cave and call a man in to rescue them?

Is that what women did when men went off to war?

Most women will cave if it is tough enough ..an emphatic yes. The only reason women today yell "woman power" is because they have the government protecting them at every step and the government actually attacks men to make it easier for women. (see getting a divorce, child support and alimony. Things that men are responsible for while a woman has no responsibility).

As for women and what they do during the time a man goes to war (and risks his very life, if not giving it up...again, something women did not have any responsibility for in back in the earlier days). All of them didn't cave and call a man, and not nearly as many helped out in factories, as the history books would have us believe. There is something I know though...while men were at war, many of the women either had financial assistance from the government and it really wasn't as bad on the streets back in those days, as it is today, so there was no real need for manly protection. But, not so fast. The military back in those days hasn't changed really from the military today in it's nature.

Many women back then, as today, did call on other men when there husbands were away. They shacked up with men (basically when the cat's away, the mice will play) in the war days of the past, and things have not changed...women still do that today. I kow, I was in the military for years, and this was a common practice. There was even a saying that said "What happens on deployment, stays on deployment"....because the men were not so innocent either.

So yes,...a great majority of the women did indeed call men while their husbands were away at war...and they still do. May not be the man they married, but a man nonetheless. The women who had no men, lived on bases and were, and still are protected by the men on the base (friends of the husband), the government financially and the Military Police (who have some women today, but were all men back in WW2 and before).
edit on 10-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I tell you, I have been through some rough, rough stuff at the hands of a man. Abusiveness does not know a gender, being an asshole doesn't know a gender and being stupid for falling for one doesn't know a gender either. I've also known amazing men had some incredible relationships and friendships with them and have traded of being the one wronged and being the one who made mistakes. I wouldn't erase one of those relationships even the really bad one, they helped shape what I want from a relationship, helped me learn how to navigate them and honor the person I'm with as well as learning that I too deserved to be honored. And now, I am with a fantastic man and am truly happy and if for whatever reason it doesn't work out I will value everything I learned from my time with him, regardless of how much it hurts for however long and then I will take my knowledge to my next relationship.

That's what grown-ups do.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think that's a bit harsh.

I know plenty of bachelors that made a conscious effort to be single and are very happy with that decision. We could play the same game with people that choose to have children.

Wanting their genetics to be passed on and a pieces of themselves to live vicariously through as they age, no? We can only see the self-pride and narcissim with people that post tons of pictures of their children on FB, or show people pictures they have on their cell phones, without the other party ever asking.

It's all subjective in the end, what people choose is their own business and who are the rest of us to judge them so harshly.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Angle in, angle out.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

ok kali
i guess ill go be a grown up then

let me ask you first though (and no i dont expect a response)
can you honestly sit there and tell me while you were in those failed relationships you didnt know at least some of the time they wouldnt work out while you were still in them
did you end those relationships right away?

perhaps your actual intentions are not as benevolent as you like to tell yourself

it can take time to get to know someone true but within the first few weeks major problems become apparent (assuming youre actually spending real time together and not just cute funzy entertainment stuff)
how many people do you know that wanted to "make it work" anyway?
statistically youve probably been one of those people

people do whats easy.....even in.....or especially in relationships
and if you needed more than a couple weeks to identify fundamental problems chances are you werent really focused on reality in the first place (as i suspect is the case if it took you years of failed relationships to gleen such gems as "honor the person I'm with as well as learning that I too deserved to be honored" )

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow. This thread makes me wish I was a woman. The world has proven feminism is like the female equivalent of chauvinism. Want a free pass? Want to live a life of leisure while your husband slaves away at work? Be a woman. Fuzzy navels for everybody!

Seth Putnam must be rolling in his grave. Rolling.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

A couple of times yeah... we both walked away having had enough respect for each other to do the right thing. Other times it was me, hoping I would again feel for this person what I had previously or me hoping he would again feel for me what he had. I'm referring only to long term relationships... +1 years. Dating is just that, spending time with a person in order to determine if you want to be with that person.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Most recently, the new "weapon" in this "war" is statistical information - if you have not done a statistics course then you generally take the "percentages" as a given, however, you would be surprised at what they can get away with in tabloids - heavy generalisations and many "assumptions".

For example, there is the population characteristics, lets say they interviewed 50 people from one city - then they say that such and such percentage of "men" and such and such percentage of "women" - really it only applies to that city, and not men and women in general, and 50 people might not really be enough to apply to the population of an entire country or the world.
edit on 10-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The biological imperative is strong but I often wonder if it is as strong as the imperative to convince oneself and others they won in life. That their choices were superior to others. I have a very strong desire to not only leave something behind but also shape the world if possible and I'm not sure exactly where it comes from.

Intellectually I know any situation that exists when I die may be temporary. Family lines and civilizations in general historically are more often extinguished through conflict and natural disaster then lack of biological imperative. Anyway if we are feeling sorry for those to choose to ignore the imperative how do you think that makes people who are infertile feel? I believe those who want to raise children and do so through adoption will find shaping a life has its own reward regardless of if it is your biological offspring or not.

edit on 10-12-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree with that. Dating's like trial and error basically. Go with it until you find the right one.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

ther times it was me, hoping I would again feel for this person what I had previously or me hoping he would again feel for me what he had.

oh right ....before you spent real time together and actually knew each other
thats rational
you already had ideas about what this relationship was going to be regardless of what reality told you (and you wanted to keep that imaginary relationship)

this being my point
you didnt want that relationship to work as much as you wanted a relationship to work and you were perfectly willing to delude yourself into thinking it could be made to work....long after it became apparent it would not
and thats perfectly normal this thread is probably filled with people who have experienced that same thing

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join