It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boyd Bushman Kicked-Off Wikipedia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

you think hes out there to deceive fpp?
Yes. In order to lend credibility to his musings. Some people want their ideas to be accepted for acceptance sake. Some people are not beyond "embellishment" to accomplish that. Some people will do "odd" things to accomplish that. Like endorsing John Hutchinson.
edit on 11/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

you think hes out there to deceive fpp?
Yes. In order to lend credibility to his musings. Some people want their ideas to be accepted for acceptance sake. Some people are not beyond "embellishment" to accomplish that. Some people will do "odd" things to accomplish that. Like endorsing John Hutchinson.

in my mind using the pipe trick lends no credence in validating your overall message , fpp are some of the most creative people on the planet, in this day an age of computing , deceiving them with such a show is not really credible given the access to information on the effect, magic tricks are supposed not to be researched in books or the internet , hence the creation of the magic circle, I digress

I give the guy more intellectual capacity than you do , obviously

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

in my mind using the pipe trick lends no credence in validating your overall message
If your message involves anti-gravity, yes it does. At least for those who don't know better.

I give the guy more intellectual capacity than you do , obviously
Where did I address his intellectual capacity? You wouldn't be resorting to a strawman argument or a diversion, would you?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where did I address his intellectual capacity? You wouldn't be resorting to a strawman argument or a diversion, would you?

Yes. In order to lend credibility to his musings. Some people

some people being fpp's

now , what type of intellectual capacity would use something as easily disprovable as the pipe trick to fool a group such a fpp's,
not one with much forethought or planning capacity, kind of odd for an engineer don't you think ?

by proxy , by thinking that his reasoning of using the pipetrick to add credence to his overall story you suggest that his mental capacity at deception is , at least very low

am I not reading you very well..?

tstt tsst ground control to major Phage ? tssst tst

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why does this guy get a page?

In the mid-1990s, he began to write about his investigations regarding innovative technologies that allegedly utilize energy sources that science does not currently recognize (also called "new energy"), and how those technologies can transform the planet and the human journey.[54][55] He believed there is an extraterrestrial presence on Earth, its relationship to those potentially transformative technologies, and their conjoined organized suppression.[56] He participated in the Face on Mars debate.[57][58]

Brian Todd O'Leary (January 27, 1940 – July 28, 2011)[1] was an American scientist, author, and former NASA astronaut.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Maybe because he was an astronaut? But then how many astronauts are there now? But then I know about a dozen people that work for LM. One I am married to. But I don't know any astronauts.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

whats good enough for the goose.. and after 1982 ole Brian looks like he took off for Mars itself , kick started by an N>D>E>>>>>>>Lift off !

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

and here's me thinking Boyd was one of your favorites ...
shame on you..

any new slant on his removal from pissy-pedia >?

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

and here's me thinking Boyd was one of your favorites ...
shame on you..

any new slant on his removal from pissy-pedia >?

funbox

I thought this may be interesting.
This guy
Maglev Patent Awarded to Kirston Henderson of MegaRail Transportation Systems, Ft. Worth, Texas
faculty.washington.edu...

Apparently said this about Mr. Bushman

Mr. Cates,

Now, I can respond better to your questions.

I met Mr. Bushman while I was working at Lockheed-Martin where I believe
he held the position of Division Scientist. I found him to be a
highly-knowledgeable and helpful person. (I understand that his educational
background is in the field of Physics as is mine.) He spent most of his
time developing and working on various very advanced classified projects. I
know that he was, and is, held in high regard by those both associated with
him and for whom he worked. As you no doubt have discovered, he has been
awarded several patents, including the one that you mentioned with me.

He is a highly knowledgeable scientist who is willing to go boldly forth
and examine just about any subject, including a lot of those that most
scientists shun. (Unfortunately, this tendency sometimes leads people to
question his credentials.) However, from time to time, he develops really
valuable & significant products. He is, in fact, an individual with
extensive knowledge and capabilities and one with which I frequently discuss
the more mundane work that I engage in.

I hope that the above is helpful to you.

Kirston Henderson
MegaRail®

Middle of this page
www.theparacast.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

seems like he mixed with some intellectual bigwigs, did this snow defeating train guy say what he thought about his death bed claims ? he seems to be giving him a fair boost in you're excellently sniffed character reference

as usual Char-Lee .. no rock unturned

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

what type of intellectual capacity would use something as easily disprovable as the pipe trick to fool a group such a fpp's
I don't know what an fpp is but his trick obviously fooled people into thinking it was some mysterious effect. When it isn't.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

by thinking that his reasoning of using the pipetrick to add credence to his overall story you suggest that his mental capacity at deception is , at least very low
You mean he's not a very good magician? I didn't say anything about his mental capacity. Stop claiming I did.

am I not reading you very well..?
Perhaps trying too hard to read something into what I have said. There is no need to. It's quite clear what my point is.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

weird why did you say yes to my question about him trying to deceive fpp, my assertion to your asaid audience to the storey ? would have saved a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding, may I ask what you thought I meant ?

the audience to this story and my usage of the abbreviated fpp ,fantasy prone personality

but you did allude to that being the audience

what audience did you really mean if I was reading you wrong?

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

weird why did you say yes to my question about him trying to deceive fpp, my assertion to your asaid audience to the storey ? would have saved a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding, may I ask what you thought I meant ?
I said he was deceiving his target audience.

what audience did you really mean if I was reading you wrong?
Those who believe that UFOs are extraterrestrials visiting Earth and that any statements which support that idea are valid. That is the less than discerning audience I spoke of.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I said he was deceiving his target audience.

indeed you did , the page before, the miscommunication arises at the very top of this page in where you quote my question and answer in the positive, etc etc breakdown in understanding ,, etc etc , so on and so forth , I don't blame you too much though

so what archetype/mindset would differentiate your long winded descriptor from my abbreviated audience box?

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Bushman used a well known principle to deceive his audience. Or do think he really thought he was demonstrating an anti-gravity effect? Did he fool you too?

You can play your game with someone else now.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

no he did not fool me from any scientific aspect, I enjoy science too much to be fooled, amazed would be the word
the crux of my point,
I don't think a brain capacity such a Boyds would either,

even you thought that odd 3 pages back

hence why I thought you may have a confusion going on somewhere in the knowledgeable head of yours
which I asked you about, being interested to understand what you thought was odd, only to find that your interpretation off odd means /not confusing/perfectly explainable/logical

odd eh

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

no he did not fool me from any scientific aspect, I enjoy science too much to be fooled, amazed would be the word

What exactly were you amazed by?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

When the claim began to gain traction on the internet, a Reddit user located an existing toy that very closely resembled the "alien" in the Bushman video:

I made a toy giraffe, therefore there is no way giraffes could exist.
Also if you compare the photos of the toy and the supposed alien there are some glaring differences, such as the number of ribs and the shape of the eyes.

Even if it does turn out Bushman is a hoaxer (he very well could be) i don't see why it would be necessary to take down his Wikipedia page and his videos, it's all very fishy to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

amazed at using the methods he used too deceive for a hoax wether it be targeted at a specific group or the whole of humanity

yep amazed

funbox

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You can play your game with someone else now.

You gave it a shot. I will pass though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join