It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Ferguson grand jury decision expected today

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

And doing it on a Monday is smart in my opinion. This is Thanksgiving week and people have plans to travel, cook and shop. The later they can make the announcement the colder it will get and they are thinking less people will come out.

It may be troublesome but I'm venturing to guess it won't last more than a few days.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A lot bothers me about this case. I think the cop snapped.

Based on what ?

All of us are working from second hand info.

And they revised the announcement to 9:00 PM.
edit on 24-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: amazing
As far as I know, strong armed robbery and assaulting a polive officer aren't exactly small potatoes as far as crimes are concerned....

Executing people because they are black is not small potatoes and the police cannot continue to pretend that its all just an accident because the number of deaths don't match the demographics of the country.

The charge could be as high as treason but I am not a lawyer or part of a angry crowd.

Not letting the case go to court so that both sides can have their say is an insult to democracy and I simply don't think people will take any more thuggish behaviour from the police

link   
a reply to: Greven

The person who shot him to death would also you have you believe that, while he kept shooting at him,

Makes sense if the cop was carrying the standard issue 9mm.

If he carried a .45 prolly would have taken less.

link   

originally posted by: Greven
this barely-adult man.

why not just say man?
you doing anything you possibly can to make it seem like brown was mr innocent?

did he barely reach into the vehicle or did he reach in?
i there a difference?

is there a difference between 18 and barely 18?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
scanner says a white male wearing a stocking cap is pointing an object at the court house unsure of what the object is ,he dropped off an object in a blue box outside court house and appears to have some kind of dufle bag per highway patrol scanner as of 1 min ago

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted/questioned.
Why in the world are they waiting until "after dark" to announce?

Wouldn't that be better done in the light of day?
Any thoughts on why?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Executing people because they are black

that is such a tired argument...

give it a rest will ya

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Well at least he didn't say "youth" like the media always does.

link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
scanner says a white male wearing a stocking cap is pointing an object at the court house unsure of what the object is ,he dropped off an object in a blue box outside court house and appears to have some kind of dufle bag per highway patrol scanner as of 1 min ago

Can you link to the scanner ?

link   
I would like to add a different perspective to the community of Ferguson. The community is close to the airport and was originally more suburban. The majority of the community originally and still as some of the aging citizens helped build the infrastructure and maintain the bridges, they work for the airlines as engineers, mechanics, just normal people.
Over the last 30-40 years, these older homes became less expensive and people who could afford it moved west of the area toward St. Charles, St. Peters, O'fallon. A decent percentage of the population (sorry, don't have stats, just personal experience), some aging, some inheriting homes, are good decent people who want nothing to do with this and are frightened and bothered by the constant roadblocks and escalating unrest.
I say this in response to those who say "burn it down!" My brother and his wife, (Irish, German, Romanian mixed with everything else btw) are expecting their first child, due Thanksgiving. They live one mile away from "the action". She is a nurse and he works admin in the hospital. My sister's MIL (also white) lives closer to the chaos. Luckily she has found another place to stay until this all calms down.
My point is, regardless of the hype, the frenzy and indignation, the people of this community cannot be lumped into some idea that it should all be torched and thrown out. There are good kind people living there, just as there are in all ravaged places and people are just seeing the surface. There are homes, parks, people who serve the community, and people I care about very much.
I hope all of the good people of Ferguson will stay safe.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

They want to make sure all the kids and families are home instead of trapped in the middle?

link   
think they have the guy from earlier post, if i heard them correctly they gave out his info (wont post here) and he is apparently a free lance reporter so perhaps the object he was pointing was news related or sound related but have heard nothing further on the earlier radio call other then the stuff about the reporter

link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think not indicted. I think this was the reason for the slow process and slow leak of information.

I think it was a bad tactic. They should have shortened the whole process and announced this months ago. A quick flash point and then peace and rebuilding the community. I think with this long process...the feelings have simmered and people are getting hotter. I could be wrong. However, they've had months to plan speeches, responses, preventative measure, community building measure and ...I think they wasted all that time. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree. It's all just been window dressing to keep a lid on the outrage but may well have the opposite effect. People don't want to be "managed" or patronized - they simply want to have fair treatment from LEOs and faith in the Justice system.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

www.broadcastify.com... this is the one im using so far mostly unencrypted coms but ocasional stuff that sounds like morse code and scrambled communications and lots of code being used

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

true....they like to say youth and then toss up a picture of a person when he was 12 and in choir school...not the current pic of them 'barely' 18 and 'barely 250 damn pounds.....
gotta love the spin

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: Wookiep

true....they like to say youth and then toss up a picture of a person when he was 12 and in choir school...not the current pic of them 'barely' 18 and 'barely 250 damn pounds.....
gotta love the spin

We have to be careful not to spin it in the other direction though, where Michael Brown is a menacing killer and Officer Wilson is the second coming of Buddha and was meditating in his cruiser.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Are you saying that numbers lie.

I think you trying to insult me kind of says that you have lost the debate

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
why not just say man?
you doing anything you possibly can to make it seem like brown was mr innocent?

did he barely reach into the vehicle or did he reach in?
i there a difference?

is there a difference between 18 and barely 18?

Figures that someone would jump on this. Since you apparently don't know:
A) He turned 18 in late May and died in early August.
B) The incident at the counter of the store where Brown took a few packs of cigars is thought by some to have arisen due to Brown's ID - his driver's permit rather than license - being expired. Since we haven't really heard much after the video as to what happened there, it's kind of speculation.
*edit*
C) Since you might not know if you aren't from the U.S., one has to be 18 years of age to purchase tobacco. In some states this can be 19 or even 21.
edit on 17Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:32:28 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
here's a feed...still waiting...

fox2now.com...

five minutes to announcement.

edit on 24/11/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join