It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Ferguson grand jury decision expected today

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.kctv5.com... guess its quite expensive keeping the guard around this long something to the tune of 42,000 a day

www.broadcastify.com... link to local highway patrol scanner
edit on 24-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Wow! Did I ever just zone out. How embarrassing. Its felt like Friday for me today since I'm off the rest of the week. DOH

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

It's Monday...

link   
a reply to: amazing

As far as I know, strong armed robbery and assaulting a polive officer aren't exactly small potatoes as far as crimes are concerned....

link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: Grovit

Wow! Did I ever just zone out. How embarrassing. Its felt like Friday for me today since I'm off the rest of the week. DOH

Hahaha it's okay... Technically, it's Monday, but for me, it's like a Friday knowing that I'm off work for the week after tonight...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: AgentShillington

Oh that's cute.

So a man isn't a rapist until convicted, or a murderer until convicted? Gotcha.

You seem to be confused, that's okay, these are heady topics.

Rapist isn't a legal term.
Sex Offender is a legal term.
Murder is a legal term.
Killer isn't a legal term.

Can someone be called a rapist if they haven't been convicted of a crime? Yes.

Can someone be called a Killer if they haven't been convicted of a crime? Yes.

Can someone be called a Sex Offender if they haven't been convicted of a crime? No, not legally anyway. The First Amendment doesn't protect Slander or Libel, which that statement would be if he weren't convicted of the rape.

Can someone be called a Murderer if they haven't been convicted of Murder? No, again, it would be libelous or slanderous to do so.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

Is the man that killed Michael Brown a killer? Yes.
Is Michael Brown a thief? I would say yes.
Is he a criminal? No, as Criminal is a legal term.
Is his killer a criminal? Not yet. That is what is being determined now.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

As far as I know, strong armed robbery and assaulting a polive officer aren't exactly small potatoes as far as crimes are concerned....

It's practically jaywalking

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Lol.... great response...

just telling it like it as, as always

5pm now(not where gully lives:up

could be announced anytime.....

im ready for it

link   
Does it matter if he was a criminal?

Not in the slightest...

The real question is does the crime fit the punishment...

None of us can say for sure that's a fact...

No matter what you've heard!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Love it, stuck MIC key for the last 20 minutes in Ferguson... LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was proven he had his hand on the police officers weapon while the officer was in the car

I didn't know it had been proven in court or the a lawyer for the prosecution has had an opportunity to clarify that the DNA has not been planted by the police to protect one of their own.

The police are on trial over this one and just because they say something it does not constitute proof

LOL....so now it was a plant?

another quote from the investigation.....

Brown's blood was found on Wilson's uniform and inside the police car, law enforcement sources told CNN.

So....planted as well? He was shot with at least part of his body INSIDE the officers car.....

I don't think anyone is arguing that he was shot in the hand while his hand was in the car.

I think the main point here is that a well armed man, trained for hand to hand combat and self defense, got out of a protected cover (the car) and then shot an unarmed man for refusing to stop and instead walk towards the well armed man.

Why did the person with a gun think it was necessary to end the life of another human, when that other human was not armed?

Couldn't that other human have been secured without ending his life on this planet?

I think that there are so many other options. Like tasers, tackling, fist fighting, etc…

Why end someones life? Is this well armed human who did this that inept?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

language, semantics, mumbo jumbo

if you have committed a crime, you are a criminal....
all those offenses you mention would be tried in what??? oh yeah, criminal court......

i had to call the court house the other day to get the cost of my seat belt violation....
the first thing the automated system said was "for criminal division, press 1"

rapist might not be the legal term, but is a term....does not make it wrong

edit on 24-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

language, semantics, mumbo jumbo

if you have committed a crime, you are a criminal....
all those offenses you mention would be tried in what??? oh yeah, criminal court......

Yeah, and which criminal court was Michael Brown tried in?

He wasn't? So... he isn't a criminal.

link   
Considering how long it has taken.

I am betting on guilty for no reason than just to appease the mob.

Press conference at 5:30 says Drudge.

link   

Death Penalty worthy, in your opinion, though? Without benefit of a judge, jury or lawyer or any evidence? Just kill anyone that...what commits any type of assault and on up? So any fight, any drunken resisting arrest, do you throw shoplifting, running and pushing a police officer or is that not quite crossing the line, in there too? I'm not ready for the police to be judge jury and executioner yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was proven he had his hand on the police officers weapon while the officer was in the car

I didn't know it had been proven in court or the a lawyer for the prosecution has had an opportunity to clarify that the DNA has not been planted by the police to protect one of their own.

The police are on trial over this one and just because they say something it does not constitute proof

LOL....so now it was a plant?

another quote from the investigation.....

Brown's blood was found on Wilson's uniform and inside the police car, law enforcement sources told CNN.

So....planted as well? He was shot with at least part of his body INSIDE the officers car.....

I don't think anyone is arguing that he was shot in the hand while his hand was in the car.

I think the main point here is that a well armed man, trained for hand to hand combat and self defense, got out of a protected cover (the car) and then shot an unarmed man for refusing to stop and instead walk towards the well armed man.

Why did the person with a gun think it was necessary to end the life of another human, when that other human was not armed?

Couldn't that other human have been secured without ending his life on this planet?

I think that there are so many other options. Like tasers, tackling, fist fighting, etc…

Why end someones life? Is this well armed human who did this that inept?

Trained in hand to hand combat is an overstatement.

If your put any portion of your body into my vehicle and I feel trapped or threatened I'll shoot you down as well. I could only imagine what a leo would do.

We'll now you know.

Mike was an idiot that day in many ways and made mistakes. One of those turned out being fatal. Tough luck I reckon...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Considering how long it has taken.

I am betting on guilty for no reason than just to appease the mob.

Press conference at 5:30 says Drudge.

This is NOT a Guilty/Not Guilty verdict.

This is simply a decision to see if he will be held over for criminal prosecution.

We haven't even made it to Guilty/ Not Guilty.

Still innocent until proven guilty.

link   

Huh?

Was that America's Funniest Home videos I was watching where he stole cigars and strong armed the guy?

Looked fairly criminal to me.

Regardless, his death is tragic and I hope cooler heads prevail tonight.

link   

He wasn't? So... he isn't a criminal.

I think the term you are looking for is "isn't a convicted criminal".

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

This is where most constructive discussion breaks down.

Some people have this "all or nothing" mentality in this case.

Brown can be a thug, a criminal, a saint, or a schoolmarm and he still never deserved to die.

Wilson can be a racist, a liberal, a warmonger, or a victim and he may still have fired within the law.

Just as the case is never going to be straight black and white (seriously no pun was intended), the victims are going to be an eclectic mix of both good and bad traits. We all are, that's why we are individuals.

It's when we try to hold these two MEN up as paragons of right and wrong that the argument grinds to a halt as it cannot be taken seriously.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join