It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: TechUnique

I'd ask him why he made foreskin only to demand we cut it off.

LOL. Genital mutilation is another perverse additive to religion. Note how I said additive. Religion is perverse itself. I am going to say something that will make your ears bleed but it's true.

I'm not PART of a religion, I may be religious... but I do not subscribe to man made religion. The bible is not man made religion it is written THROUGH MAN, BY GOD.

You have to realize the difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Just pointing out I think you quoted the wrong person. WhiteAlice did not say any of those things you've quoted. It was Daedalus you meant to quote.
edit on 11-20-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

i would ask him why a huge dramatic symbolic gesture of killing his son was necessary to confirm his rule change on how and why we are supposed to sacrifice animals and crops.

then i would ask why he had us sacrificing animals and crops to begin with...

then i would ask how or why an omnipotent being could change his mind from 1 rule set to another.

link   

that's what the quote links are for....click them, and you get a recap of the convo.

link   

Yeah buddy it's in the Bible. Haven't you read it?

link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

or how about why we have teeth that are so weak, and disintegrate without proper modern care...

sonofabitch, my jaw hurts..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Atheists? This label is put upon me and millions of others and then stories are made up how we 'believe' in atheism...what a load of tosh.
An Atheist shouldn't need to be labelled because all we are is people who are people, the basic human so to say, just as we were born. Believers on the other hand have something added, they believe something because they were born into a believers family and were taught to believe, and hence should be labelled believers.

STRAIGHT AWAY I'm going to have to stop you. I wasn't raised in a believers house, in fact the complete opposite. There are many people who were brought up completely devoid of religion or the mentioning of God apart from in derogatory ways, yet they still find their way to the truth.

I wasn't indoctrinated into this. In fact, it has been a very long and painful journey finding out the truth. Cognitive dissonance is a very hard thing to overcome. Especially when it is so deeply rooted. Not only that, but it has been perpetrated.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

or how about why we have teeth that are so weak, and disintegrate without proper modern care...

sonofabitch, my jaw hurts..

We eat food much different to how we used to. The amount of refined sugar hidden in all of your food is unreal. To top it off, toothpaste with sodium fluoride in it actually causes dental fluorosis. This is recognized by the NDA of the USA.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: hutch622

No hate here . God would not only have to enter the room but do so via walking through a wall or something . Failing that the miracle would want to be pretty good .

But then if you offered this 'Proof' to someone one of the following would happen;
You would be ridiculed and mocked.
People would think you hallucinated it.
People would think you were making it up.

Or all of the above. If I were to tell you my personal proof you would not believe me. To briefly outline it;

God has saved my life multiple times. I should have been dead through a drug overdose it was rare I survived with how serious it was. I woke up fresh as a daisy. ANYONE who went through what I went through and somehow managed to survive should be BRAINDEAD.

I have been in a few serious car crashes, not a scratch on me. I have avoided prison so narrowly in my short life. I have been warned by God multiple times not to go somewhere or do something, all throughout my life.

You know what happens when that happens? Something bad. I always avoid something bad when I listen to God telling me something. Similarly when I think something is a bad idea but God tells me to crack on anyway, something AMAZING happens.

On top of that there have been some AMAZING coincidences throughout my life. I can't say because it would be getting even more personal than what I already have.

To put it this way, without God I would be dead. Without God I would not be here talking to you. What you guys don't realize is the proof is in the pudding.

In other words, you have to have faith for God to appear to you. If you don't have faith you are lost. How can you find anything if you are lost?

Sorry to get philosophical I know you guys want PROOF. You have to seek it. I promise you, if you open your mind to the real God and believe that IF he exists, you WANT to know him, He WILL come! Pray about it, not hypothetically. You don't wait outside someones house without knocking and expect them to just be there at the window eagerly waiting your arrival. Yeah, dogs might do that for you but chances are your mother won't even do that, why would God? Weird analogy I know, sorry but It's hard for me to explain how I feel spiritually in a way that you guys will understand. I genuinely want you to understand, these threads aren't troll threads as someone suggested.

You don't have to give up Science, see it as an experiment. The parameters are as follows;

Assume that what you are doing COULD WORK. Don't do it whilst not believing that there is a possibility otherwise it is pointless. See the praying as an instrument you are testing, you want it to work but you've never seen it work and you're not quite sure.

Under this premise you are still a Scientist but you are willing to give God a chance IF he exists. Pray every night for at least a few days and genuinely HOPE that God will appear to you whilst you are genuinely asking him to IF he exists.

Then keep an eye out throughout your day to day life.

Remember, God is above and beyond time and the law of physics. He can make things happen around you that you would NEVER be able to quantify or explain. Complete and utter anomalies that no one will believe but YOU will KNOW.

God will make his presence known in the most unimaginable ways. It's different for everyone, it is a personal relationship with God. There isn't a peer reviewed scientific paper on it I'm afraid.

But alas. Give it a go if you're a real scientist. If you were a real scientist you would try anything once just in case I'm actually right. You can't prove I'm not right can you?

that's why god turns off all the electricity, restores all the sick to full health, vanishes all the nukes, manifests as a dozen identical versions of himself and calmly walks through a hail storm of bullets to meet a dozen world leaders whom he then takes for a brief ride around the galaxy (including a stroll by the space station just to freak out the astronauts) before returning them to earth and using a globally audible voice to explain his identity and the situation. oh and bringing a new universe into existence before our very eyes might also help (thanks for the inspiration astyanax). hard to explain all that without extranatural or supernatural thinking. see i don't just require proof that he exists...i also require proof that he is dependable and is my friend. Otherwise he could be in front of me and he might as well be charles manson with superpowers. just some flashy tosser.
edit on 20-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bisman

i would ask him why a huge dramatic symbolic gesture of killing his son was necessary to confirm his rule change on how and why we are supposed to sacrifice animals and crops.

then i would ask why he had us sacrificing animals and crops to begin with...

then i would ask how or why an omnipotent being could change his mind from 1 rule set to another.

The old testament is nowhere near as relevant to today's man as the New testament is so I wouldn't know how to answer your question sorry. Besides I could only guess being that I am not God.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If it is all powerful then it can transport me through time to witness for myself the beginning of time, earth, creation or even jesus himself.

That's why God gave us the ability of Astral Projection imo.

I'm not here to convert people though my friend...
You may see AP as another phenomena... As is your right!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

the sugar, i'll give you that....but even then, it's how the sugars interact with the bacteria in our mouths....you can rot your teeth with cane sugar, honey, and citric acids...bottom line: teeth are rubbish...i can't believe we're created in anything's image, because if we were, i doubt the almighty has missing, rotten, cracked, broken, or infected teeth...

if we were, then i think we got cheated...

as to the fluoride.....there are certain benefits to it....but only when rubbing it on your teeth...not in drinking it with your water....THAT will give you the dental fluorosis....among other things...
edit on 11-20-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

the sugar, i'll give you that....but even then, it's how the sugars interact with the bacteria in our mouths....you can rot your teeth with cane sugar, honey, and citric acids...bottom line: teeth are rubbish...i can't believe we're created in anything's image, because if we were, i doubt the almighty has missing, rotten, cracked, broken, or infected teeth...

if we were, then i think we got cheated...

as to the fluoride.....there are certain benefits to it....but only when rubbing it on your teeth...not in drinking it with your water....THAT will give you the dental fluorosis....among other things...

Are you for REAL?

LOOK AT YOURSELF. YOU'RE TYPING ON A COMPUTER ACROSS THE INTERNET. You're developing an opinion. Using language. Discerning what you think is the truth. That is true freedom. You have the freedom NOT to believe in God and you are choosing to do so.

The teeth thing is a moot point really; the amount of refined sugar we do eat means that any sort of reference to our teeth rotting nowadays next to us eating a completely natural diet way back when is nontopical.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

LOL. Genital mutilation is another perverse additive to religion. Note how I said additive. Religion is perverse itself. I am going to say something that will make your ears bleed but it's true.

I'm not PART of a religion, I may be religious... but I do not subscribe to man made religion. The bible is not man made religion it is written THROUGH MAN, BY GOD.

Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Genesis 17:9-14

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Whoooaaa. I really need to take a break I can't keep up with all these comments. And by take a break I mean get back to work.. -_-

I will definitely be back but I can't promise I can respond to everyone. It's giving me a headache trying to keep up with so many different conversations at once and it's starting to show through me slipping up and writing to the wrong people.

In a bit.

Peace
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

One thing that could possibly sway my opinion would be;

When there is a one world government. If there is no push towards a one world faith and Christians AREN'T tracked down and murdered within the 10 years that a one world government is established..

So you would have doubts when unity is found?

Christians not being persecuted would give you doubts?

Am reading this right or am I in the twilight zone?

Gods word get's lost in translation so unless you have spiritual discernment and a true faith in God, things can easily slip by until the whole page just looks like babble that doesn't make any sense.

So that count you out then doesn't it?

A true faith would have no doubts no matter what is put before them that contradicts whats written in a book.

If some of the prophesy in revelations comes true but some of it indisputably CAN'T happen anymore, due to political landscape or WHATEVER. I would definitely have doubts.

that is true faith right there, or whatever.

You have such obvious doubts right now, not sure if realize them and hide them behind your words that actually expose your doubts or if you are oblivious to your own doubts due to that brainwashing and manipulation you say has and is happening.

Just my opinion based on the my own interpretation of your words, You are very conflicted if you need to know what would prove God is real to others, it means you have doubts you are not happy facing so need disguise it by asking so called non believers what would convince them because your not fully convinced.

Not to worry though, "we are all convinced sooner or later Jack" to quote a character Ben Linus from the TV show Lost.

I suspect you were convinced in the past and are having doubts now, hence the reason for your last few threads here.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Genesis 17:9-14

That's in the old testament dude. Times had changed by the time Jesus was around. The new testament is still relevant to this day! There is much wisdom in it that can help you out of all sorts of modern day social dilemma.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

What would be proof of God existing for you?

IF just for one single day no one starved to death, no one was beaten to death, no one died because they were too poor to pay for treatment, no one was killed because of their beliefs, no one was persecuted because of who they love...I think that would be a good start.

That is impossible whilst we are in the presence of sin. Once this is rectified there won't be any of these problems that you can attribute to the falling, or evil, of man.

If God was to just 'stop those things from happening' we wouldn't have free will.

Well according to your own claims, god stopped some things from happenning to you. Wouldn't that be taking free will from you?

Another poster said you have to submit your will to god to understand him. Do you agree with that statement?

I don't think we will ever understand God because we are inferior compared to him. You might not like what I just said but he CREATED us. Man is superior to his car right? Even if his car can break and kill him. Not saying that we can kill God but we can kill God from our minds.

God didn't take away my freewill. I still made those mistakes and trust me they had consequences. Taking away my free will would have been to change my decisions at the relevant times to avoid those situations. You are using twisted logic.

What good is free will if god fixes all your mistakes at the last minute? How can you learn if god is meddleing in your afairs everytime you make a poor choice?

There is no free will if god is manipulating your life.

There is no free will if you think there is a god.

Why is it that people who make the worst choices are the strongest believers? If it takes a belief in god to make you stop doing drugs and driving crazy and hurting people, then i fully support your choice.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Similarly I could draw from my observations of you that you are probably seeing your OWN doubts in my writing. Furthermore you are even reading what I am saying instead of just 'moving on' because you have your own doubts.

I have no doubts.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Oh I know it's not relevant today. It bothers me that a God would choose a piece of wiener as a covenant period.

Or condone slavery, rape, and murder.

While we are on the subject of the Old Testament, I'm curious how you decide what's relevant and what isn't?

Not trying to be rude here this is an honest question. Have you ever actually read the whole Bible? Because you laughed at the idea genital mutilation..
But there it was. In the very first book of the Bible.
edit on 11-20-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join