It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: TechUnique

So have you read it cover to cover or no?

No but I am getting there and I have a lot of friends who are truly dedicated who have. I am fairly new in my faith, maybe 4 years into it. I don't pretend to know all the answers because I don't. I am merely trying to explain my own reasoning. This is futile though because we are trying to understand the reasoning of something (God) which is way above us.

That's like a fish trying to understand the reasoning behind a subtle direction change of an Eagle a mile above in the sky.
Except for eagles and fish are real. Your trying to understand a fairy tale and apply it to your life. Based on your own story of how you encountered god, it seems you were in a desperate time with drugs and foul people. Bad decisions led you to where you were and bad decisions have led you where you are now. Why should anyone listen to you? You have told us why we shouldn't trust you.

I already 'sorted myself out' and got on 'the good path' way before I found God so that point is moot. You're jumping to assumptions. This really is my last comment now. Whether you're intentionally doing it or not, comments like that are just baiting me into a pointless discussion about 'who said this or who said that, or more importantly, who thought that i meant that by saying this'

This thread has turned EXACTLY into the others. You guys did well for a while, much better than last time, but the civility and general decorum have gone way down hill.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

For God to prove to you that he exists you want him to create another Universe just for you?

That's right.

How would you see this new universe created, how would you even be able to fathom or comprehend this creation and know that it wasn't just an insane acid trip??

Oh, I'd expect Him to be able take care of all that stuff. Being omnipotent an' all, y'know.

You've just admitted yourself that it wouldn't matter what God did you still wouldn't believe he was God.

No, those are just the words you want to put into my mouth. I merely demand a standard of evidence proportionate to the outrageousness of the claim being made.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Awesome. I win again.

You... win?

You think that is what this is about? I feel incredibly sick all of a sudden.. I honestly wish you the best in life.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I give up.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I give up.

Better not. God is watching.

Might I just say, in conclusion, that I find it very odd that you need proof in order to have faith.

edit on 20/11/14 by Astyanax because: this just won't do, will it?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Good.

Because you ignored my question 4 times in 2 different threads.

You're a troll and you bury your head in the sand when hit with cold hard facts.

I'll put the question to you again....

Why did you use a lying source to claim that christian children are being beheaded by IS...
When the little girl from the photos was a Muslim 2 yr old killed by a bomb?

Why did you ignore this question 4 times and still keep repeating the lie after the fact was put to you?

If you're a true Christian you will apologise for the dishonour you caused the Soul of poor little Fatima Meghlaj...

But I suspect you will ignore me again and still claim its Christianity being persecuted & not Islam.
edit on 20-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This is starting to turn into much of what the other threads did. People putting words in my mouth.

I'm just gonna leave it here. I did try, relentlessly. You guys hate it anyway so I'm just gonna stop. Was nice talking to you.

really? i didnt put anything in your mouth or any other part of your anatomy. i answered your question. without hate. like you asked. now where is my cookie?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

IS there anything that would do that? If God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Jesus was his son and rose from the dead would you believe it or would you think you were hallucinating? Or would you 'Just know'?

I see God in the twinkle of a child's eye, hear her voice the busy hum of the bees, see her glory of a sunrise and the turning of the seasons. But, you Christian folks tell me that's not God, that's me worshiping nature and the material. I think that I'm God, and you're God and everything IS God, but you tell me that God dwells outside of his creation and I'm deluded by Satan.

The biblical God physically entered Abraham's tent and ate cakes and barbecue while discussing family planning. If some mighty being came into my house claiming to be the biblical God, performing miracles, like he did with Abraham and Sarah, then, for sure, I would know that the biblical God is a liar, and not some made up fairy tale! There is no way that I would believe that entity to more "god" than I am.

edit on 20-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

meh. he-she-it ignored my answer too. dont feel bad, im sure it isnt personal.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Awesome. I win again.

You... win?

You think that is what this is about? I feel incredibly sick all of a sudden.. I honestly wish you the best in life.

then kindly elaborate on the exact point of this thread, seeing as how we are apparently missing it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

God manipulates free will throughout the Bible.

I'm not sure if you are aware of that.

But it goes to show it's not all that important to him.

True there are times when the "no interference directive" are not valid and free will is manipulated by the spiritual world but there is normally needed a request for the manipulation. The spiritual world working thru man. Now days the current waves are called Star Seeds.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

star seeds fall into the same category as reptilians and illuminati.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No doubt pal....

It's hard not to seeing as they dissapear every time I ask.

Such is life I guess.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: LittleByLittle

star seeds fall into the same category as reptilians and illuminati.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

and so is talking about typing on computers on the internet...i'm not even sure what the hell you're even replying to..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

and so is talking about typing on computers on the internet...i'm not even sure what the hell you're even replying to..

basically the deterioation of human teeth being evidence that we are not created in the image of a perfect being. the response being that abuse inevitably results in deterioration no matter how perfect the design.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't need to know all this!

This thread is in response to the general response of people in my previous few threads. I don't need to know why you guys are atheists. The reason I'm doing it is because I want you to reconsider.

who is an atheist?

Who are "you guys" when you are replying to me?

What are you reading when you are replying?

What don't you need to know?

the last two sentences because they might give you what you need or the answers to your questions in the first part of my reply to, questions that you asked?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

still sounds like bollocks...

if we're created in his image, then you'd think we'd have teeth at LEAST as good as his...and i imagine his would be invincible...

or maybe i'm just preoccupied with teeth...i need a dentist, lol

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Not an atheist....but if God as you say walked into the room...right away they won't accept its Him anyway so.....? That wouldn't happen

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

or maybe i'm just preoccupied with teeth...i need a dentist, lol

You need one?

Its been about 18 years since I last saw one, I really need to see one but will wait till I have only a few left so I can enter Australias Biggest Bogan. (tv show here in Aus. showing the cream of the crop of Aussie hillbillies)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join