It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism, Misogyny and the rise and rise and rise of the internet asshole....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Your argument is self defeating, feminism wouldn't have existed apart from in response to the oppressive way women were and are still treated by men. So using your own argument it's actually men's fault not feminists.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

yeah yeah yeah

Insult, then call us all feminazi balh blah blah, I'm to blame for your penis size, your marks at school, the job you didnt get, blah blah blah feminism killed women...they should still be in a 1950 drug induced state of prettiness and motherhood.

It isn't ok to harras women on line. Period
It isn't OK to then blame them for the harassment they get simply because they are women.

It isn't OK to harass anyone online. Period.

Thats a little know thing called putting the victim on trial which is EXACTLY what you are doing.

LOL, What are you talking about?? When did i say ANY of the above? Wow, you really are defensive....no wonder you get attacked online...it's almost as if you are baiting men, kind of like you are doing with me right now.Putting all these words in my mouth and blaming me for intentions, none of which I spoke. I think we are finished here, you and I.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

It's not ridiculous. The poster to whom I originally replied was trying to use the example of being "forced" to wear niqab amd/or "stay at home" as some kind of argument for women in the west.

You responded to me, and I ended up getting yourself and that one poster confused... for that I do apologize..

but by God I get sick and tired of these women trying to use Muslim women as some kind of flipping "example".

Muslim women are right here, on these forums, and can speak for ourselves should we so desire. You need to speak only for yourself, and leave us out of your stupid feminist arguments!

It's insulting!
edit on 15-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Dude...LOOK at your avatar!

I am not attacking you, but your comments belie an attitude towards women and "feminism" that isn't warranted and I don't think you are fully aware of that.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Your argument is self defeating, feminism wouldn't have existed apart from in response to the oppressive way women were and are still treated by men. So using your own argument it's actually men's fault not feminists.

No one today has been "oppressed", if there was real oppression, it happened so far back that none of us living today were a part of it. That said, why are women today, having movements and getting affirmative action status, and being called a minority when they were not a part of this oppression that they are ranting about?

Why are women today getting paid for the suffering of those long since passed on? So yeah, it IS kind of their fault, because we have to live in the "here and now" and right now, women are far from oppressed by men.

They work all the way to the highest of positions in our government, some are judges that put men in prison, every known job has women working in them....and most are the managers of men. Where is the problem.....and why is there still this movement going on?

Its their fault, because there is no real need for Feminism......no woman today (in our western culture anyway) is oppressed, hence there should be no feminism in the first place. It is simply media hype and an attempt to control men by giving women power over them, while the media calls them victims....and never asking the opinions of men. It's an illusion or media brain training. Has worked all through history....and this is no exception.
edit on 15-11-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: tony9802
I have serious doubts 4channers even bother wearing clothes at all. That would mean they need to do laundry regularly

I have a different theory - all of their clothes (both sets) are just "cheetos orange" for camouflage.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: zazzafrazz

From what I can tell, feminists want to take the female out of women, and create women in some weird image. I don't like that...

That isnt me, nor anyone female I know or love.

Im not afraid to stand up for my sex.

I dont shave my hair bald, yell at rallies try to emasculate men, blah blha blah that is a stereotype and I find it boring. I love men, am married love all the men in my life and family, and dont experience this rubbish people spout about how feminists treat men.

I also know your Islamic religion defines women differently. so I will respectfully decline commenting with you on it as I like you and don't want to get into a scarp with you on what a woman should be. I personally think it isn't a societal broad brushstroke definition, it is individual and I respect you feel that way about yourself and am pleased for you that you found a place you are comfortable. Your place is not for everyone so be respectful of that.

Anyway thanks to Nef for being a gentleman and standing up for women on online, but we should maybe stand up for everyone online as I think most minorities of cultural types get a flogging.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I would say from your post that you don't know what a feminist is.
We're not all bull dukes who hate men, weirdly enough quite a lot of us live with men, give both to men, are stay at home mums and wear dresses and enjoy our femininity.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

I am not attacking you, but your comments belie an attitude towards women and "feminism" that isn't warranted and I don't think you are fully aware of that.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No one alive today knew oppression? Are you kidding women only got the vote in some European countries during MY lifetime.
My boss was telling me yesterday that when she turned up to her new job wearing an engagement ring, she hadn't been given at the time of her interview, her boss said he wouldn't have hired her if he knew. That was in the early 90's.
When I got pregnant with my daughter 7 years ago my male boss tried to have me removed from his team.
You have no idea about the obstacles in women way in today world, even in so called progressive countries.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

lol... from what I have read - from feminists - they scare even me!

I believe in being whoever you are... and being true to self though. I give everyone that as I find that important in life... but from seeing the feminists come out full force in these discussions, some of the views there seem pretty weird and very scarey..

I'd take a chauvinistic man any day... definitely less scarey! I can laugh at them!

When it comes to online... everyone is rough. Its a world of what people really think about everything... and sometimes that gets rough. I don't think people should bully others - but it happens. Everyday and not only to women. Men get it in the face too. Pretty much, if you hate something, there is a forum to express that hatred - or sickness whichever case may be.. when it comes to the internet.

I have a hard time often seeing and facing what people really think... but that is all people. Really, before I got online, I didn't realize people in general were soo... I don't know what I would call it, but ignorant is a good word I suppose.

But this is about everything, every topic you can find - there are people willing to say whatever they feel about it, and often what they feel isn't good... and you don't have to be a woman to feel put down and/or be threatened by others in the big wide world of the internet.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: Grovit

I really am not sure where all of these claims and allegations are coming from....I wonder if the MOD is just living in living in a bad part of town. I have never seen this type of behavior from men outside of a TV screen.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.theatlantic.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.abc.net.au...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.psmag.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Maybe you should read more?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: nenothtu

And yet again I have not mentioned women's clothing, I don't know why I keep getting accused of it.
I responded to a poster basically claiming that non Muslims can't talk about Muslims which is ridiculous.

Oh, they can talk about them - I see such, every single day. far too much to deny it's a possibility. What they CAN'T do is talk about them (the obviative "them" - English is such a limited language sometimes) with any degree of understanding. What they then do is to objectify them, and stereotype them. "They" become the "other", something less than human, simply another negative example, because "they" don't conform to the speaker's cultural bias.

The speaker dehumanizes them, makes of them just a cultural block of "otherness", to be eradicated or changed to conform to the speaker's own cultural bias. THEY have to come to YOU in order to not be "other" any more. "They" cannot be merely accepted, they must CONFORM to your standards.

"They" are objectified, whether "Muslims" or "women" or some different group of "other", which the speaker them uses to "prove" their own cultural bias, using "them" as a negative example of what is wrong with the world - but only from the speaker's perspective. "Muslim women" get a double dose of that treatment, as they obviously already have two strikes against them, and so are easy targets. It makes them easy to hate, while the speaker at the same time decries hatred in others. A fascinating dynamic, really.

So you live in an "Asian area"? well, bully for you! Try interacting with your surroundings some time. You could learn something - if you can avoid imposing your own yardstick onto the "other".

edit on 2014/11/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Anyway, blame feminists for this because they have turned men against women because of the lies, animosity, attacks against men and even being so calculated as to create programs where they concentrate on trying to effeminate young boys, so that they will be more controlled by women when they get to be an adult. Why not let a man just be a man?

When was the last time a guy told you on the net that you were so stupid he felt the need to attempt to track you down and rape (sodomise) you and maybe kill your family as well because of your opinion?

Of course, that would ok, because it would just be a man being a man, right?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ya reply to: nenothtu

you have no idea what you are talking about, I do interact with them, that's my whole point, I have female Muslim work colleges, female Muslim neighbours, female muslim parents of my children's friends. To suggest that I could never comment on their lives is just plain weird. This whole forum would fall apart if the only people we could discuss were of our own faith and sex.
The poster who used the example had every right to in the context of this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Where is this magical place where women and minorities are treated equally and where none of the things we are talking about in this thread exists?

In my own industry, not only do women get paid less - they hardly ever get hired above mid-management. EVER.

And my industry is totally merit based...for those of us already in. The very few women that are here excel, because they had to to even get a sniff at any opportunities.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"Feminists" don't hate men, they don't think they speak for all women and they don't give women a bad name!

I can only comment on this subjectively, going by the feminists I have personally met, on college campuses and the like. You're right, they don't "hate" men - they think every woman should own at least 3 men of her very own. The one's I've interacted with don't want to merely "level the field" or "incite equality", they want to subjugate men.

That's only the ones I'VE interacted with, however. You, apparently, have run across a different sort.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

An avatar is just a photo. It's no more than art...it has no relevance in this conversation. I didn't make that Av btw, I just happen to enjoy horror movies and darker visions. As far as I know, this avatar is not a man nor a woman....but more like a fallen angel that (according to the Bible) has no sexual gender. My comments on feminism in no way, attacks women or feminism. There was a question asked by the MOD, she wanted a reason why men acted the way they do online...I simply told trhe truth, as to why this happens online...nothing more. I have been the one attacked here...I mean just go back and read the responses to my just divulging the truth. Zazzafrazz went haywire on me and started inventing scenarios of things that I said, and put all kinds of words in my mouth.THAT was an attack that was unwarranted now. I've attacked no one here.

They want to know why men are angry with women and many are attacking them online....I simply told the reason why. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. That's not my fault....I knew what I said would not be popular, especially in a room like this, but who needs to be afraid to speak...even if they don't like what you say?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Might be because feminism is a political ideology that is very diverse, as any political or even religious ideology can be. Not every Conservative shares the same views, not every Christian, not every Muslim, people are varied.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

THIS is what was said:

Some also said that if you feel threatened or hurt or whatever by something you read, you should just leave. Well, that'd mean no more YT among many other things. I hope you don't honestly and sincerely believe that that's a solution in the slightest... just let the hateful bile spewers win? Yeah! If you don't wanna get harassed, wear a niqab! (even though it doesn't work, fyi.) Oh, and stay at home at all times unless you REALLY have to leave. This is the truth for many women in many countries

Your trying to say that this comment - to somehow equate avoiding youtube with the way some religions feel it proper to dress - is somehow NOT insulting??????????????

If people want to discuss why it would be better to censor the internet lets simply try to avoid using my religion and culture as your examples please.

edit on 15-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join