It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas High School Teacher Placed on Leave, Could Be Fired Over Jaw-Dropping Ferguson Tweet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Do you want your children influenced by her opinions? Do you want your children to come home with a hatred of and bloodlust for white people?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Stupid comments outside of school should not be counted. To me racism is an act, not allowing a person to do something because of their color is racism, calling the a derogatory word because of their race is being an A-hole. The words kill yourself are not to be taken literal and people who look at it that way are plain stupid, if you don't like what I am saying then go eff yourself. Thats right, I just said go eff yourselves, lets see who here will take that in its literal sense and go eff themselves, because they are stupid. While I may not condone the behavior of the officers I feel that bad words said by officers should not affect them too much unless they are intending on acting on it or the words are intended to cause a negative act.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cetaphobic

Do you want your children influenced by her opinions? Do you want your children to come home with a hatred of and bloodlust for white people?

I don't believe that she is teaching that.

And I don't trust white people.

Kidding, you all are great.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i don't get it...

the people assembling together under a single banner (police brutality) are of mixed races...?

are the riot police keeping the peace between these different ethnic groups assembling under a 'false' banner?

who's ethnic group is being shielded the best, what's hidden in the 'shelter'?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
From what I understand she posted this from her personal computer, on her own time. I disagree with what she says, but, I support her right to say it. If it can be shown that she used school resources to make posts like this or that she expressed her views to her students, then I would support her firing. To me, this opens a can of worms that is better left closed. This clears the way for an employer to fire anyone that posts something that they disagree with. Think about some of the posts made here on ATS. Would they be made if there was a possibility that the poster would lose their job over it?

Just wondering if you also understood this realm of 'privacy' when the Clippers owner made his comments in HIS own home. I supported the Clippers owner. but many others stated that he had a certain position that privately bars this type of behavior.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

another real good example.
if it were a black owner making comments about white players it would have played out different

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So, after reading most of this thread. I've concluded that black on white racism is acceptable. The word she used isn't a racist term (excuse the times you've been called it, it's just gentle ribbing), she has a right to express her racist views, firing was too much.

Yes, certainly no double standards being promoted on this site. I wouldn't want a white racist teaching my kids and I wouldn't want a black racist teaching them. Same goes for green, blue, silver, etc. Leave your views outside the classroom.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
So, after reading most of this thread. I've concluded that black on white racism is acceptable..

it took this thread for you to realize that?
ive known that for most of my life...

look at some of the excuses in this thread....

it was on her time so its fine
it was just a gentle ribbing so its fine
she probably had too much to drink so its fine

its ridiculous

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

No I knew it all my life. I meant it's acceptable on ATS.

It is ridiculous. Equality also means equal justice.

Forget the racists. Isn't "equality" beautiful?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No I knew it all my life. I meant it's acceptable on ATS.

It is ridiculous. Equality also means equal justice.

Forget the racists. Isn't "equality" beautiful?

its acceptable everywhere...this thread is full of posts not exactly condoning it but pretty much saying it was no big deal(and its not)....people saying some posters or people in general are just 'dumb crackers'....and its fine...

even in a post we have to say n word...not the word....cracker can be said though...thats fine
if you were to say some people are just dumb n words......forget it....
the sky would fall

you know it and i know it

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Of course I know it. I agree with you 100%.

Totally hypocritical to go Oh no the N word! but write another racist term just to be obnoxious.

Denying ignorance also means looking in the mirror.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

we are on the same page...
things happened pre emancipation proclamation...the antebellum era...you know...
because of that its why things like we talk about are accepted....my opinion anyway
even terms like white guilt....i mean seriously?

en.wikipedia.org...
White guilt is the individual or collective guilt felt by some white people for the racist treatment of people of color by whites both historically and presently.[1] White guilt has been described as one of several psychosocial costs of racism for white individuals along with the ability to have empathic reactions towards racism
-------------------

my ass

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm white and I don't feel guilty. My family never owned slaves. My grandpa who served in the navy had black friends he'd regularly play cards with.

As if exploitation, greed, slavery, lust, colonialism, xenophobia are exclusively white lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm white and I don't feel guilty. My family never owned slaves. My grandpa who served in the navy had black friends he'd regularly play cards with.

:

i dont feel guilty either and i hardly every feel the need to qualify myself in these discussions because i dont care what people think of me...i know how i feel and thats all that matters.

not knocking you but the whole "my family never owned slaved" thing....
i dont know if my family did generations back..i dont care enough to look into it...if i found out tomorrow that my family generations back had 1,000 slaves it still wouldnt change the way i feel about the world..people..race...etc
that # had nothing to do with me...i was born in 1978.
why should i care if my 'family' had slaves?

i dont...i dont even think of people past my grandparents my family..i didnt know them....dont really care to know anything about them or what they did....

again, not a knock...it just bothers me that people in general feel the need to put disclaimers in about how/why they are not 'racist'.....
you know what i mean

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If this woman posted this on her own time from her own computer, I don't think she should be fired for it. However, if it was posted during school hours, or from a school computer... She should be. I don't agree with how she stated her opinion, but we all have the right to an opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm just saying how all whites shouldn't have to "feel guilty" about slavery because not all of us were slave owners. It's like saying all black people should feel guilty because some use racist terms.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd actually like to meet someone who said, "Yeah, my family owned slaves. Sorry bout that."

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think If we go back far enough we will all find we have relatives who have been slaves and relatives who have owned slaves in one form or another.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I've heard it before. Whether or not they were truthful or lying, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm just saying how all whites shouldn't have to "feel guilty" about slavery because not all of us were slave owners. It's like saying all black people should feel guilty because some use racist terms.

I totally agree with you. I have never owned slaves, mind you I'm 22 years old. Haha. As for relatives back in that time period, I don't know. And I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I refuse to feel guilty for something that relatives did in a time when said thing was legal. And I refuse to feel guilty for just sharing the same skin color as slave owners. In my 22 years, I have never treated a person of color disrespectfully. So at the end of the day, I have nothing to feel guilty about.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join