It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas High School Teacher Placed on Leave, Could Be Fired Over Jaw-Dropping Ferguson Tweet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

im offended

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

its a trick question...they all are delicious

I lol'd

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What I found extremely hypocritical was when this hit the local news here in TX, they read her tweet outloud.

Here's the kicker: When they read it, they had no problem saying the word "cracker", as if it was ok.

But god forbid she had used the "N" word! Would they have said the "N" word outloud? Of course not.

So what have we learned today? That it is ok to use and say the racist word "cracker", but not the "N" word.

The hypocrisy stinks like a 3 day old diaper.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
that was just an experiment to see if people freak out.

thats a snl skit...its keenan thompson

we will see what happens

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

indeed they are...

i see you took the picture down...
what people think about pictures like that says a lot more about them than the person showing the pic imo...

i laugh at and make fun of everyone equally....

edit*
of course you LOL...youre not a dick and its a funny picture...

im sure someone is going to flip and/or i will get warned for it...just an experiment
edit on 11-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

A wise man once said:

"Is this gonna get ugly, now? Huh? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, racial differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old friends."

I would say it's good advice but what do I know "Sooner or later I rub everybody the wrong way. "

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

same thing with the imus situation...
black ladies were playing basketball and he said they were some nappy headed hoes...
they flipped out and he lost his job and had to apologize...all kinds of backlash...

the thing is it was on every news station and they looped what he said about a million times....

he wound up getting his job back after he said he was sorry....

i never understood why they were upset about the nappy but not the hoe part.

www.urbandictionary.com...

nappyhead
a term used to describe someone (typically of African descent) who possesses tighly coiled, very curly hair.

^^^^whats so bad about that?

we all know what hoe means....
again, just trying to make a point

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Think about some of the posts made here on ATS. Would they be made if there was a possibility that the poster would lose their job over it?

That would be why I don't use my real name here. While I'm sure they wouldn't care about 75% of my posts, there are a regular stream of them that wouldn't be popular.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

yeah I thought it may have been too over the top and didn't know how you would receive it. I removed it before I commented on yours. still funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

A wise man once said:

"Is this gonna get ugly, now? Huh? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, racial differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old friends."

I would say it's good advice but what do I know "Sooner or later I rub everybody the wrong way. "

i always think of chris rock's skit...

cracka ass cracka...

too funny

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

here's a template of what I refer to.

PROTECT THE COMPANY’S GOODWILL, BRANDS AND BUSINESS REPUTATION
[EMPLOYER NAME]’s [EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK/CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AGREEMENT] prohibits you from posting disparaging or defamatory statements about the company or
its business interests (see above), but you should also avoid social media communications that might be misconstrued in a way that could damage the company’s goodwill and business reputation, even indirectly.

DRAFTING NOTE DRAFTING NOTE

Make it clear in your social media postings that you are speaking on your own behalf. Write in the first person and use your personal e-mail address when communicating via social media.
You are personally responsible for what you communicate in social media. Remember that what you publish might be available to be read by the masses (including the company itself, future employers and social acquaintances) for a long time. Keep this in mind before you post content.
If you disclose your affiliation as an employee of [EMPLOYER NAME], it is recommended that you also include a disclaimer that your views do not represent those of your employer. For example, consider such language as “the views in this posting do not represent the views of my employer.”
If you communicate about your work or [EMPLOYER NAME] in general, you should disclose your connection to and role at [EMPLOYER NAME], but be sure to reiterate that your views do not necessarily represent those of [EMPLOYER NAME]. Use good judgment about what you post and remember that anything you say can reflect on [EMPLOYER NAME], even if you do include a disclaimer. Always strive to be accurate in your communications about [EMPLOYER NAME] and remember that your statements have the potential to result in liability for yourself or [EMPLOYER NAME]. Be respectful to [EMPLOYER NAME] and be professional and honest in your communications.
If you are uncertain or concerned about the appropriateness of any statement or posting, refrain from making the communication until you discuss it with [YOUR MANAGER/DEPARTMENT NAME].
If you see content in social media that disparages or reflects poorly on [EMPLOYER NAME] or its stakeholders, you should contact [YOUR MANAGER/DEPARTMENT NAME]. Protecting [EMPLOYER NAME]’s goodwill, brands and reputation is every employee’s job.

ilta.ebiz.uapps.net...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know who the biggest race baiters are right now

I'd say it's a tie between Jesse Jackson, al sharpton and the right wing fringe that loves to play the victim card
edit on 11/11/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Was Imus on company time?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It can only be jesse and al ok!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Was Imus on company time?

dont know, dont care.
facts are he said it
people freaked
got fired
news repeated it a million times
he said he was sorry

i dont care whos time he was on
got his job back

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is scary. But we all are held to certain restrictions in our jobs lives.

Lord knows the trouble I'd be in if my employer saw what I wrote.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

"Oh gosh, cash, I guess. I mean it's not deductible, is it."

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

nice....

and for the record imus sued the station for terminating him because of his comment and they settled with him for 40 million..
sharpton jumped all over it when it happened and was calling for his head.....
a year or so later sharpton was on imus's new show..

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'd say the biggest "race baiters" are anyone that seriously uses the term "race baiter".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I don't know who the biggest race baiters are right now

I'd say it's a tie between Jesse Jackson, al sharpton and the right wing fringe that loves to play the victim card

Wana go ahead and tell us who on the "right wing" is playing the vicitm other then pointing out when people who claim to be for diversity are actually being blatantly racist?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join