It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas High School Teacher Placed on Leave, Could Be Fired Over Jaw-Dropping Ferguson Tweet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Seems to me that dumb azz crackers are the only ones coming up with a rational sensible view on the thing.
(I.e. That we need more evidence to know what happened. And to hold off on burning down your neighborhood until then.)

edit on 11/11/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

"(I.e. That we need more evidence to know what happened. And to hold off on burning down your neighborhood until then.) "

Great veiled racism. Sounds like you are well practiced.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So you really wouldn't mind having this person teach your kids?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Sounds like the average teacher in Memphis,Tn.

Probably why many of the high school "graduates" here are found to be illiterate.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

So you really wouldn't mind having this person teach your kids?

We home school.

but she's probably no different than anyone else with an opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I work for a diverse company with a very diverse customer base. All the race haters and homophobes are gotten rid of because we can't work with them and can't have them around our customers. Why should a school be any different?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Ok I haven't read your source but so far I see two things she said that are actually fairly redeeming.

1) she gives no ducks
2) she wishes (twitter users?) to kill themselves

Actually she wants only White twitter users to kill themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sounds like she needs some diversity training. All twitter users are equally awful regardless of race.
edit on 11-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sounds like she needs some diversity training. All twitter users are equally awful regardless of race.

I wouldn't know I have never had an account. I personally find the idea stupid.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
From what I understand she posted this from her personal computer, on her own time. I disagree with what she says, but, I support her right to say it. If it can be shown that she used school resources to make posts like this or that she expressed her views to her students, then I would support her firing. To me, this opens a can of worms that is better left closed. This clears the way for an employer to fire anyone that posts something that they disagree with. Think about some of the posts made here on ATS. Would they be made if there was a possibility that the poster would lose their job over it?

If we make exceptions to a rule, that rule has no meaning. If a white teacher made a similar tweet with racist overtones at that level. Reverend Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and their ilk would be out for blood and it would be all over the news media. But she gets a free pass? That is unjust, sorry.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: JIMC5499

Free speech is protected, but you must be willing to accept the consequences.

In this case she has a fiduciary relationship with the public...she is responsible for teaching our children. She has to be held to a higher standard than a someone working in a factory or other non-public career.

Your kidding right??? So she goes to school and formal training as a public servant, getting paid way below what she should be taking care of your children all day for 9 months out of the year and now she has to shut up??

You are correct, free speech is protected, for everyone....Including public servants.

As long as this is her personal view and she does not advertise or express them as views of the organization she works for, she should not be fired....its bs.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtcGod

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: JIMC5499

Free speech is protected, but you must be willing to accept the consequences.

In this case she has a fiduciary relationship with the public...she is responsible for teaching our children. She has to be held to a higher standard than a someone working in a factory or other non-public career.

Your kidding right??? So she goes to school and formal training as a public servant, getting paid way below what she should be taking care of your children all day for 9 months out of the year and now she has to shut up??

You are correct, free speech is protected, for everyone....Including public servants.

As long as this is her personal view and she does not advertise or express them as views of the organization she works for, she should not be fired....its bs.

I don't agree with this at all. If you're in an occupation whereby you are in a position to influence, in her case, students, then you should be fired due to the obvious conflict between her personal views, which she so publicly declares and the level of impartiality of which her role requires.

I don't care if this is America, Britain, Siberia, if you are in a job where by your views could affect your performance within that job, then you should be not be in that job. I don't know about America, but over here in Britain that is how it is and as much as I am for freedom of speech, I would not want a woman displaying such a bigoted outburst and disdain for white people teaching my child...Especially being white.

Let's also not beat around the bush here, if that woman was white and she stated that about blacks, she would be world famous now and probably in a cell.
edit on 12-11-2014 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace

Let's also not beat around the bush here, if that woman was white and she stated that about blacks, she would be world famous now and probably in a cell.

for me this is the real issue....if some white lady/guy was teaching black kids and they went on some tangent like this and said anything derogatory and along the lines of any/all/some blacks should just kill themselves the black community across the country would be in an uproar....we all know this is true.
jesse jackson and al sharpton would be flipping out...they would be in the papers and on talk shows talking about how terrible it is....

that person would have hell to pay.

anyone not agree with this?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: SecretFace

for me this is the real issue....if some white lady/guy was teaching black kids and they went on some tangent like this and said anything derogatory and along the lines of any/all/some blacks should just kill themselves the black community across the country would be in an uproar....we all know this is true.
jesse jackson and al sharpton would be flipping out...they would be in the papers and on talk shows talking about how terrible it is....

that person would have hell to pay.

anyone not agree with this?

You're right. But if one side is acting poorly, then we really shouldn't reciprocate with the same over-sensitive knee-jerk behaviour.

In the Army, we used to give out these. . . .

static.rcgroups.net...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

it is what it is though....
certain people get a pass for past wrong doings....

we all know this is true too

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Can we use the same standards towards the police that have been fired for racist comments on facebook and twitter during these Ferguson protests? You wish to label all school teachers, shall we label all police the same way?

She should be fired.

no, we can't apply the same standards of those that have the true power in our society, because they are on a different level.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

it is what it is though....
certain people get a pass for past wrong doings....

we all know this is true too

Right again. But until we get past all of it, there will be people that capitalize on "sensitivity" issues.

I actually feel sorry for the woman, there are people on ATS who say much worse things on a daily basis.

It's her opinion. Right, wrong. . . it doesn't matter.

Well, it shouldn't matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Right again. But until we get past all of it, there will be people that capitalize on "sensitivity" issues.
they sure will. people tend to get butt hurt over nothing

I actually feel sorry for the woman, there are people on ATS who say much worse things on a daily basis.
i dont feel sorry for her...i dont know her...i dont care about her....

It's her opinion. Right, wrong. . . it doesn't matter.

Well, it shouldn't matter.

youre right...it shouldnt matter.....
in this world we live in though, it does....

we have freedom of speech in this country.....as long as we dont say anything

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

we have freedom of speech in this country.....as long as we dont say anything

There's some serious truth in those words.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
To anyone saying you'll defend her right to say these things:

If you're white, she certainly won't defend any of your rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join