It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 25th anniversary of the Lazar saga...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Well, like I said earlier, I find George Knapp to be a respectable investigative reporter, do you?

That different people who've looked into Lazar's story come up with the same inconsistencies only prove that those consistencies are real, and I don't doubt that they are.

However, given the gravity(ahem) and implications of Bob's claims, I think that his alleged former employers would have had no choice to either have killed him or have somebody covertly tamper with his records and discredit him.

Again, do you believe that he worked at Los Alamos? To me the evidence that he did is also evidence of an attempted coverup by somebody. Also, like I have said, don't you think Edward Teller's reaction to being asked about Lazar is suspicious?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 9-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Triple post, don't know how that happened???

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow anyone with common sense can see that bob lazar is not making his story up..He has gained absolutely nothing from going public..On top of that if you notice some ufos they exhibit the behavior of what Bob lazar says about them..Some ufos when going high speed are vertical..Bob Lazar explains that there are 3 gravity waves that triangulate and the ufo goes vertical and pull it..Also if you notice in most triangular ufo sightings there are 3 lights usually below them...One in the one in each corner..Bob lazar stated that the gravitational propulsion is high voltage and excites the atmosphere causing it to light where the gravity waves are emanating from..Also many ufos are pulsating when going slow.Bob Lazar explained that one gravity wave is pointed down towards the earth and ufo rides the wave and are very unstable. in this mode ... Here is a video of a ufo caught outside of an airliner in "high speed mode"

www.youtube.com...=48

here is a sighting of a triangular ufo with one light pulsating..

www.youtube.com...

edit on pmqupmSun, 09 Nov 2014 16:54:31 -060054u3109u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on pmqupmSun, 09 Nov 2014 17:00:15 -060000u1509u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I feel like George Knapp has his own agenda when it comes to the Bob Lazar story but I don't know what it is. His focus is always on the wrong secret base, Bob worked at S-4 not Area 51, yet all of Knapp's articles and videos are about Area 51.

Twenty-five years ago this month, the author opened the door on Area 51.

Area 51 is now permanently carved into the public consciousness. Area 51 is now the yin to Roswell’s yang, and the UFO stories are never going to be divorced from the base itself.

The UFO crazies won the battle. Long live Area 51.

I cringed reading that last part. Area 51 is indeed carved into the public consciousness, but for all the wrong reasons.

www.8newsnow.com...

Crimes were committed, people got sick and died, and every year the president signs an executive order exempting Area 51 from environmental laws.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicRay

Area 51 is a designated site that encompasses S4.

S4 is a facility within the limits of Area 51 just like the airbase, which is actually called Groom Lake.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe Lazar may have worked on and seen "Saucers" per say, but i believe he has been used by military intel to spread a story so amazing that maybe, just maybe it might be true, then again it could be a piece of crap.... either that or he was used as a tool to warn/scare anyone who even thinks about threatening the US that they have technology beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

Anyway, Bob's story is awesome reading for the children.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ironically, the older I get the less I know, and I'm getting older.

I figure in another few decades we will hear more stories like Lazar's and we'll know...

...nothing more than we already "know" now.

The only thing the smartest people on ATS should really know is that there are some things we will never really know.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Springer
I can't deal with Lazar logically in my own mind, can anyone?

No... A simple question - when did he actually get his degree from MIT, and why is there no record of it anywhere?

No one remember him, no Professor there ever heard of him, he is in no yearbook...

Is it so inconceivable that he simply lied about it ?

That doesn't require his past history to have been wiped by some agency, all it requires is that he embellished his credentials to Teller and others. Whether background checks would have found that or not is a moot point, Teller's word could have been enough, SNAFU or even having found the lie it suited the purpose of his employment to be able to discredit him later.

That it seems to be proven he worked where he said he did seems to make the degree stuff inconsequential anyway aside from a personal character perspective.

What he did whilst he was there and whether it was a stage show is the real crux of the matter.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

Good point.

A lot of people focus on this aspect of Lazar's past, and I think that this attention can become disproportionate.

People lie and exaggerate about their educational history all the time, in fact many employers expect people to do so, believe it or not.

Pick any public figure, dig into their past and you'll find some skeletons, this method of discrediting people is as old as the hills.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Really?

C'mon, this wasn't an Arby's Lazar was applying to work at. Do you really believe that with the level of security clearance required they would have missed his lack of legitimate educational credentials? That's just plain silly.

Using a person's past and predisposition to determine their character is extremely valid. Would you hire a proven theif to clean your house? Would you trust a proven liar to handle your investments? Of course not. Just excusing Lazar's inconsistencies by saying "maybe he fudged his resume" is not a valid defense.

edit on 10uam11America/Chicago2014Monday20141114 by duaneology because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
I think that Stanton has some kind of axe to grind with the Bob Lazar story.

I have always suspected that Friedman has his own "inside" sources, who have told him certain things in confidence over the years -- with the promise of more to come -- in order to keep him under a kind of control. Use him as a filter. I think that somehow the Lazar story originated with a different competing group and Friedman's group helped gather information for Friedman to help him discredit Lazar. It always struck me as a kind of power play between two shadow groups, with Lazar and Friedman as the public faces.

Obviously, I could be wrong. It's just my impression.

edit on 10-11-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
Would you hire a proven theif to clean your house? Would you trust a proven liar to handle your investments?

No, but if I wanted to kill somebody, I would consider having a proven liar help me. Because who would believe him if he squealed on me? If I was involved in something incredibly sensitive and secret, I would definitely consider using people who had weaknesses or credibility problems so that I could more easily control or discredit them if they decided to spill the beans.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Really?

C'mon, this wasn't an Arby's Lazar was applying to work at. Do you really believe that with the level of security clearance required they would have missed his lack of legitimate educational credentials? That's just plain silly.

I used to have a security clearance for certain RAF / USAF bases and as such had to sign the official secrets act to gain it. My identity, criminal record, travel history etc were checked as part of that but not my professional qualifications, that was left to the agency that employed me.

In Lazar's case maybe Teller's recommendation to the agency was enough, or they stuffed up, or as Blue Shift again points out above it was noted for future use, maybe someone didn't like being told what to do by Teller so let Lazar loose. Maybe Lazar was exactly what they were after, either for his maverick science or to put on a disinfo show.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how people will abandon logic and reason to avoid facing inconvenient evidence that contradicts their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
I think that Stanton has some kind of axe to grind with the Bob Lazar story.

I have always suspected that Friedman has his own "inside" sources, who have told him certain things in confidence over the years -- with the promise of more to come -- in order to keep him under a kind of control. Use him as a filter. I think that somehow the Lazar story originated with a different competing group and Friedman's group helped gather information for Friedman to help him discredit Lazar. It always struck me as a kind of power play between two shadow groups, with Lazar and Friedman as the public faces.

That actually would be an interesting take on this. Maybe not competing but working together to confuse everything even more. You tell one side something and then tell the other side something to discredit the other side and before long there is all this infighting taking place and who knows what BS is true
edit on 10-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Believe it or not Duane (caveat, I don't know how old you are obviously), but back in the 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 1980's there wasn't any credible way of verifying a "non-executive" level employee's educational background beyond requesting transcripts. Now, once your HR department got the transcripts, you were counting on someone in HR to verify their legitimacy.

In a company that was a contractor for a black project I could actually see how that scrutiny didn't run very deep, IF The Boss said "Hire Joe over here"...

Does that cleanse the record for Lazar? Nope, I don't think so, but, it's something to consider as it's truly the way it was...

I remember those days vividly and I personally made sure my HR folks hired several people that way. People who, by the by, pretty much all worked out well and made me some money.

Admittedly, my company wasn't working on black projects so this is pure speculation on my part based on the norms of the day and my knowledge of how the spooks looked at things, like the old - it's not what you know, it's who you know kind of a deal.

Food for thought maybe...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Check this out, the original broadcast from all those 25 years ago...

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy.

edit on 11-10-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me how people will abandon logic and reason to avoid facing inconvenient evidence that contradicts their beliefs.

I don't think there's any need for this kind of comment.

Nobody has posted anything beyond the realm of possibility so far on this thread.

It's quite possible that the Lazar story is true, it's quite possible that it's not.

There's no hardcore "Lazar is the real deal" people here duane, there are people pointing out the fact that this story is not as easily dismissible as you think. We all have our different perspectives on this issue, if you don't "believe" the Lazar story that's fine, personally I think I'll keep an open mind on this particular case.

The inconsistencies about Lazar's past do not mean he is lying about 51 for certain.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just had a birdy tell me George Knapp himself might stop by this thread tomorrow to answer some questions and make some comments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join