It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I truly am not being semantic. The restictions based upon race or the owning of land were, in fact, State Laws. The fact that they were universal at the time does not disprove nor dispute the truth of the statement.

It's been Madison vs Jefferson for the entire history of our nation. An argument never settled.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My great-grandmother worked for 30 years as an advocate for women's suffrage. I'm sure there were times when she felt like throwing up her hands and quitting the battle. But she didn't give up and lived to see the day that she and all other women could go to the polls. It is said of her that on election day she wore out two horses taking the ladies in the neighborhood to the polls when their husbands refused to do so. She would arise, hitch her horse to her buggy and go about the community gathering up ladies and taking them to the polls. At lunch she would go home, feed the horse and herself and begin again in the afternoon with a fresh horse. She found time during those 30 years to raise eight children and do her work as an advocate. Her work began well over a century ago and her goal was attained but there remains much work to be done and I'm proud to have her as a role model.
Making changes is hard work. Sometimes it is nasty and thankless work. But the victory, when it comes is indeed sweet.
Jesse's win of the governorship was a HUGE inspiration to me personally. While I don't always agree with him, I will always respect his accomplishments and the mere fact that he gave up four years of his life to public service. Do any of you have any clue about what that means for an average citizen who hasn't been intimately involved in politics? I've never been elected to office but I did catch at least a glimpse of what that life is like when I ran in a statewide campaign. It is no picnic.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Look man.. I have just started learning this.. But as it stands that is my thoughts..

If you weren't white, and you didn't own land you couldn't vote..
It was that simple..

Like i said.. What is reality and on paper are 2 way different things..

Blacks where slaves, women were 2nd class, and Aborigines were killed..
That sums up the time of the Constitution there.. It dont take real thought on how voting worked out.

And you should know me better.. I am a strong advocate of Ron Paul..
edit on 11/13/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

You are being semantic about this..

What is written and what is reality is not the same thing.. You know that..

Land owners at the time were only white men and who were basically well rich.. That is common sense..

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but there were a lot of men who owned land but were far from rich. My family owned land during these times because they inherited land from their ancestors who had gotten land grants from the king. Several of my relatives became landowners as payment for their service in the Revolutionary War or the War of 1812. They owned land but nothing in the records of their lives points to them being anything but poor, dirt farmers for the most part.
If the history you are reading is telling you that only rich people owned land, I'd find another source of history if I were you because this one isn't being honest.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Thanks

I didn't recall/remember it actually being written down on the constitution.

Regardless sad how evil humanity can be.

edit on 551130America/ChicagoThu, 13 Nov 2014 22:55:19 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Ya bad choice of words sorry.. Considering the white man squatted and killed for the land at the time and gave white males a certain acreage of land... My modern times are catching me in this also where you need a million dollars to buy 50 acres of land..

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

When you have one of the two main political parties openly decide they wish to wreck the presidency of a duly elected president at the downfall of the country, really is there anyway to recover from that?

Yes. Let them. Rome burned more than once and was resurrected. Our two party system is a trap and we all know it. The problem is that we all deeply desire to somehow change what is coming - even when we can't. Our Government has the mental acumen of a toddler at this point - a toddler trying to shove a penny into an electrical socket. We've gone out of our way to keep them from achieving their goals over and over again. I say, to Hell with it, let 'em.. Let 'em and then let them burn down with the consequences of their actions.

Their divide and conquer tactics are working for now. But they cannot work forever. Things will change.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I won't bitch but I'll make plans for the worse. I'm not voting the lesser of two evils period. It's broke and it's always been broke. Now I'll wait for the masses to get to the boiling point and watch nature take it's course with no bitching involved.

An independent has zero chance of winning. The machine took care of that.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If anything not voting gives you more right to bitch. If you vote and the party you elected don't live upto your expectation then IMO you can't bitch.

I myself always register a vote of no confidence.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have not voted in years. Its an illusion to get people to think they have a choice and a say, when really, they don't

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

How does November matter when they throw two bought and paid for turds at us and tell us we have a "choice.?"

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You sit down at a poker game where you know everybodies cheating and yet you put your money down.........sometimes the only way not to lose is not to play.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Here in Australia, (Western Australia) to be more precise, my husband refused to vote in our local "state" election (not federal) due to the same dipsh*t running for the position and the overwhelming % in his favour anyway. Well blow us down, 2 weeks later he received a "fine" in the mail for a total of $180 for non-attendance at the polls.

Failure to pay the fine would result in the penalty shifting to your driver's license and hence, your license will be suspended indefinately until at such point you make an arrangement to either, 1. pay the fine in full or 2. make a time to pay arrangement (installments are available)...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Why would I do either one?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I would say if you do vote dont complain because democracy or voting gave you the result s you believe in lolz.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So if I vote I get to bitch and complain?

Still not worth it!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Allow me to introduce you to something....

The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters. Instead, they are elected by "electors" who are chosen by popular vote on a state-by-state basis.

SOURCE

So, yea.....
Those who voted didn't really do much of anything.
edit on 28-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So if I vote I get to bitch and complain?

Still not worth it!

No quite the opposite because those who vote believe in the democratic process and have done thier part. That is how all our laws are formed in our society. So those who vote and create laws shouldnt really complain because the society is based on thier choices. For example if you voted for John Kerry Bush you should be happy about your vote and the system you believe in. So those who vote and perpetuate the system shouldnt B### about the very system they support with thier votes.

Its like cooking up dinner then B###ing about what you cooked for yourself, just eat it up silently because you made it.

Why is the world and political system so messed up people voted for it to be that way.

You made your glass house now its time to live in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Why is the world and political system so messed up people voted for it to be that way.

Some pretty messed up people. Got any names?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Some pretty messed up people. Got any names?

Sure everyone thats voted has worked towards getting it to where it is today. I reccomend starting with the man in the mirror, if any of us is supporting a system we know to be corrupt arent we then part of the problem and moving further away by leaps and bounds from any true and lasting solution.

edit on 28-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join