It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

lasting solution.

You mean like final solution?

Never once have I even registered. Never voted never will.
So hang that jacket in a different glass house amigo.

edit on Ram122814v01201400000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

lasting solution.

You mean like final solution?

Never once have I even registered. Never voted never will.

So hang that jacket in a different glass house amigo.

Indeed a final solution, meaning no more us and them for we are all one.

Perhaps your not part of the problem my friend, perhaps your destiny is to be part of the solution. Doesnt mean the problem isnt a persistent one which needs a cure. I would call the cure universal love, however that is in my opinion the only true reality. We are all moving foward on our own paths which may eventually converge in a singularity beyond time and space known as superposition.

Heres to curing the disease of division in humanity:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Fixed for you and its brilliant to say the least!

originally posted by: che33

edit on 28-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I like your idea of cure. But I don't see it as viable
because evertime I've seen this world change, it's
been for the worst. So I believe a vote for evil is
just that. But that's me and my thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I like your idea of cure. But I don't see it as viable

because evertime I've seen this world change, it's

been for the worst. So I believe a vote for evil is

just that. But that's me and my thing.

I wont disagree with you on that point, I dont doubt that the system as is must change or fall to ruin before it embraces simple principals like universal love and peace. Doesnt mean everyone has to suffer more, just means another way must be made because the current way doesnt work.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Are you serious? With all the information you have, you got to understand that your vote does not matter at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I am sorry but i think that you have that the wrong way around. If you do vote you have no right to complain because you have endorsed a failed system.

There is no demcoracy in the US. The best funded party gets in... Save your time get proactive instead its far more empowering..

purp...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've never once believed our "election system" was genuine. Take our Presidential elections for example. We are force-fed garbage candidates who've been preselected years ago. Then we are given a show and dance to make us believe there is actually a difference between them. We are led to believe that there really are only "2" candidates, because that's all the media demands you care about. And then we all go out and believe "our votes matter".

If our votes matter, then do away with the "electoral collage" system. One man, one vote.

Oh and as a side note.. can we PLEASE impose term limits on Senate and Congress????

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

People should be able to complain at will, how will we do anything about it if a good portion of our people are opted out?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The person with the most votes doesnt win in america anyways...250 million people in New York could vote repubican but lose the election to 10 million other voters because of the electoral system/Electoral College. because lets say new york is worth 10 points while florida is worth 25 points.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nobody is forcing one to vote for a DEM or GOP candidate. If you don't like any of the choices, in many cases, you can write one in. Voting is taking responsibility as a citizen. It's your voice to use. If you choose not to, it doesn't take away your RIGHT to bitch, but it sure discredits your bitching to quite a degree, as you took no responsibility in the process.

Just because it's rigged is no excuse not to vote. Rigging can only do so much. If it really flew in the face of what the public chose, there'd be little chance of hiding it. Rigging only works when voter turnout is low.

The person with the most votes doesnt win in america anyways...250 million people in New York could vote repubican but lose the election to 10 million other voters because of the electoral system/Electoral College. because lets say new york is worth 10 points while florida is worth 25 points.

I used to share your sentiment, but there are some very valid points for the Electoral College system. However, that isn't to say that a more updated solution wouldn't work better.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't vote because currently none of the parties (I'm from the UK) represent me. My only complaint is that there is not a 'none of the above' voting option therefore it is not a truly democratic process. And if people don't complain about that then we are forever stuck with a broken system.

So bitch people, bitch. But only for a fairer system

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
UK here ... many do not vote and would like a "No confidence" box to tick on the ballot paper
And also that vote of no confidence to be counted ... then I think we would see the majority have no confidence in any of the politicians ...

Perhaps non voters who choose not to vote should start a pressure group to address the general concerns of the public .. IE Corruption and lies ... of course that would not happen ... the same as when the majority of folk did not want any of the Middle East wars ... did the Gov listen ... NO ...

The government never represents the people ... and no matter who you vote for the government always wins ...

So step up honourable politicians
edit on 12-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Jesse I like most of what you have to offer but I disagree with you here. Voting is a fraud and illusion, I still do it knowing its a fraud primarily because i live in a state where we have a ballot measure referendum process. But in the national level its a complete farce. Carlin said it best.

edit on 12-2-2015 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

My sentiments also.

And just to prove to people that you SHOULD complain about the system if you are not happy with it (whether you vote or not is irrelevant) the results of YEARS of complaining and lobbying has resulted in the following promising progress...

notauk.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Thanks for that link and promising news ... which I was not aware of before now

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

"If you don't play by our unfair rules,
you don't have the right to complain about
our system and it's unfair rules. "

Isn't that exactly what you are saying?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

This idea that if we're not a part of the system, we can't oppose the system is the type of absurd rationality that you could expect from the system.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I will bitch

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join