It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And eat nachos

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Everyone, I believe the moral here is not that you don't have the right to have an opinion -- but that you don't have the right to bitch about something that you have no will to change, or be a part of. I can agree with that, and I empathize with his frustration.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There are other countries in the world where three and four viable political parties fail to represent the individual.

The state, in any incarnation, will always subjugate and exploit the working class. Voting, which serves only to validate the state and its actions regarding the public, is not an effective way to bring about meaningful social change. Independent, free living is a lifestyle choice that has to be adopted on an individual basis, not begged for by a popular movement.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

I agree but as I said before I don't vote because none of the current parties represent me. There is no 'none of the above' box to tick so I will not be forced to vote on a choice of a few corrupt parties that dont represent me.

I can complain about the system as much as I like. I take other steps to change the system because I dont agree with it. That is the contribution I make. I dont blindly vote because people guilt trip me into doing so.

Voting for these crooks is not the answer so I go down diffetent routes. I dont just bitch and do nothing. I try to actively change things. I also write to my MPs a lot to tell them why I think their system is sh*t. Or to enlighten them about an issue that needs attention or that I am concerned about. Sometimes it gets results. Sometimes bureaucracy and agendas get in the way.

I have been slated before for not voting but I think I am more politically active than those I know who do vote blindly hoping everything will magically get better without them having to do anything else except tick a box on a ballot.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't find voting to get boned with or without lube very appealing as I will get boned any ways. Getting enough people in there to change things?? that's rich,

Good apples don't turn bad apples good... bad apples turn good apples bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Wow you got it the wrong way round.. If you vote dont bitch. it means you have endorsed a failed system. If a binary corperate run elect system does it for you then so be it.. each to there onw..

purpz..)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

My direct grandfather got here in 1532 a puritan Knight fought the English civil war and in America 3 Indian wars then that line of father's fought every war to ww2 4years revolutionary war and I'm Edward Bishop of Salems direct granddaughter my family's killed in the witch trials I don't think that my votes count after the immigration stamped in and over us drowning our efforts out

<< 6  7  8   >>

join