It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
lol! This is coming from someone who is not a citizen and is not allowed to vote.

Who are you saying isn't a citizen or allowed to vote.

You can't be talking about Jessie Ventura and if you are you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jesse,

Late to the party but I have to disagree. My First Amendment Right to bitch is not predicated upon my participation in any particular civic duty or activity. It is an inherent right, as the Framers saw it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here is my take on it:

I vote, cause then it means that I have a voice in my government. However, I do believe that the legislative branch needs to be an equal split. Both political parties have some good ideas, however, they are so entrenched in their ideologies, that they fail to see what the other is going or what is a good idea. And ultimately I believe that the President needs to be independent, owning no allegiance to either party, to be blind to all politics.

The problem is that people are watching, the democrats are no better than the republicans, and it is apparent that the congress fails to do anything, or govern wisely. I do not like either, as they tend to alienate the other side fully, instead of representing all of those who are in their districts.

For the first 6 years, Obama, and the Democrats had the majority in congress. They could have passed many things, and have not done anything of substance. And the entire ACA is a disaster in the making, whose passage makes criminals like Madoff seem like an angel by comparison. If they wanted to make a difference, then they should have taken away the monopolies that the insurance companies had, and ultimately make the prices uniform, when it comes to the medical across the board.

Ultimately, what the country needs are leaders, those who have the motto: The buck stops here and takes full responsibility, rather than pass the blame and seem ignorant of the issues and have the shadow of being involved in criminal activities.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Obama and a democrat congress was between 2008 and 2010 not 6 years like you say. Democrats held congress from 2006 to 2010 the first 2 years was under GWB the last 2 years under Obama. Congress has done next to nothing since 2010.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I think if president of the US of A gets appointed, the only difference will there be is revenues of TV channels go down to zero. Other then that, listen closely, there is no difference. Your rights will continue to shrink, divide between poor and richest will inflate, foreign policy, which non of you voters are care about will get ever aggressive. You are kept micro busy to divert your attention from US of A killing people abroad in millions.

True Christians should think about that first before their own troubles. Try to elect someone who stops missionary world killing machine, than all come in balance in your own back yard. Otherwise your freedom will shrink further in a name of security, you become and held hostage because of your very own missionary international position. That path robs you of finances that could go to bending deeds internally and free the world of fear. We all will live better lives on day two.

edit on 10-11-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As time goes on it gets more apparent OTG is just another form of controlled opposition.

Well done!
edit on 10-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hello Jesse… are you out there? Are you reading this?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Not sure if he reads it all... but he has replied to me before, so he does read some at least!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

He's to busy protesting the redskins name instead of going after the crooks, deadbeats, and liars in Washington it seems

And then has the never to make a nonsense thread like this and ignore all the bad attention

Go protest Jesse , I'd rather have mcfly to talk to

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Jesse,

Late to the party but I have to disagree. My First Amendment Right to bitch is not predicated upon my participation in any particular civic duty or activity. It is an inherent right, as the Framers saw it.
Did the Framers say anything about effecting change in a system they didn't like, or did they advocate letting somebody else do the heavy lifting while they walked away?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

On voting they said much, but they did NOT say that ones right to free speech hinged upon anything other than having a voice.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I presume that framers intended the second to be the method of affecting change without voting.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If you live in Mexico over half the year. You have no right to bitch about what people in the US do.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

LOL, FWIW I looked at the Jesse started thread to reply ratio and their appears to be a good discrepancy between the two. Lot more threads started than replies.

IMO it looked like kind of a hit and run thing: Hey guys here is my upcoming show make sure to watch then goes away until the next promo.

Not that I'm complaining , I think you guys do an awesome job nor I'm against ATS generating revenue , especially for keeping the community free for its users . However I was curious as to his intentions and evaluating the worth of replying in his threads.

Like I said to me it looked like he is using ATS to promo his show with little involvement which is his right depending on your agreement I guess.
edit on 561130America/ChicagoMon, 10 Nov 2014 20:56:56 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think he's losing it, to much wacky tabaccy and sun in Mexico.

It's hard to stay relevant with the fast pace that the conspiracy community evolves at.

Try starting great threads yourself and getting threads and discussions off the ground especially with a bunch of people who just want to debate with no real purpose or cause. Then there's a bunch of people who just attack character instead of geniunly participate in good conversation.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I voted, I will continue to bitch with or without your permission Jesse.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I presume that framers intended the second to be the method of affecting change without voting.

Howze that working out so far?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
And yet for those 2 years, they had the full majority to pass anything and do something. And what did they pass? A law that is not popular that is so large, that is was nearly impossible for those who were voting on it, to read and even consider. Even the then speaker of the house, Pelosi, you remember her words: We have to pass it to find out what all was in it.

And what of all of the scandals that surround the current administration? It does not bode well, and answers are not forth coming at all. It is stall and deny, one thing after the other.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

On voting they said much, but they did NOT say that ones right to free speech hinged upon anything other than having a voice.

Frankly, I think you're sweating the small stuff...go ahead and bitch, then, if it makes you feel engaged. Just don't pretend that you're going to fix anything by pouting and whining. But it's easier than tacking the problem, isn't it? If I sound somewhat acerbic, it's because I am hearing nothing...nada...on how to fix anything. Just a bunch of 'I don't wanna play any more.'

I'm sure the 'Framers' would be aghast.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Its not my idea. Notice: im at home, cozy with the family. The path of least resistance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join