It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Mandate paves the way for the Death of America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

IT'S OK I said YOU are not as described. We have just hamstrung an idiot in office if this guy is the SAME we'll do so again.
What you are describing is QUITE unreasonable as a POLICY basis.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

O,o

did you really need TWO threads about this?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I'll repeat my previous post.

My foolish partisan sensationalist headline has led me to create a more constructive thread. please use that thread instead of this one. all comments from this thread are welcome except the ones attacking me for my anti Republican bent. i was being an ass, i admit it. don't bring that over please

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

You had me at "I'm not an expert".

Obama was doing a real good job of killing the country, which is why his minions were voted OUT.

Now, will the Republicans redeem themselves? Unknown. But they sure as hell can't screw things up any worse than Obama/Pelosi/Reid.

But did Obama really do a good job of killing the country? What do you mean? What did he do? Seriously, I actually live in the USA and the country hasn't been destroyed yet. I need to know what he did.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The human grasp of reality is tragically dysfunctional. Our life spans are so short & yet we actually think we can make a difference. Holding any kind of political viewpoint is the greatest effort in futility imaginable.

Long term conditioning won, we lost.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

lol, relax...i was just f**kin' with ya'...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Lol I'm fine. I just didn't want this thread revived. It serves no purpose.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Obama was doing a real good job of killing the country, which is why his minions were voted OUT.

Now, will the Republicans redeem themselves? Unknown. But they sure as hell can't screw things up any worse than Obama/Pelosi/Reid.

But did Obama really do a good job of killing the country? What do you mean? What did he do? Seriously, I actually live in the USA and the country hasn't been destroyed yet. I need to know what he did.

Just stop it with the liberal trolling. You know full well what he has done. If you have been on ATS or consumed ANY alternative media you know full well.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Just stop it with the liberal trolling. You know full well what he has done. If you have been on ATS or consumed ANY alternative media you know full well.

LIberal trolling?? LOL

No, I really want to know. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, Political threads on ATS...they don't mean anything. I don't want rhetoric. I want the truth. What has Obama done to ruin the country? He's improved it. I'm still not a huge Obama fan, but we need to stop with the rhetoric and get to truth. He hasn't ruined it. He hasn't trampled the constitution. He hasn't destroyed us. Truth, right there. Deny ignorance. Give me a solid list and I'll research it. ObamaCare? That's about 50/50 It's helped as many people as it's hurt. It hasn't been that bad. Executive orders? Not really any more than Clinton or the Bushes. I'm waiting.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You have got to be kidding.

Unemployment has been consistently high since he has been president, despite the cooked BS data the administration releases to lull everyone into some false sense of security (looks like it is working).

Race relations are in the crapper.

The IRS is now targeting organizations and individuals for political means.

The NSA is reading everyone's emails and texts (He could have done something to stop it, but has done nothing).

Nobody can afford health insurance.

Shall I continue?

I would like to know how you think he has improved it. You sir, are effing delusional.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding.

Unemployment has been consistently high since he has been president, despite the cooked BS data the administration releases to lull everyone into some false sense of security (looks like it is working).

Race relations are in the crapper.

The IRS is now targeting organizations and individuals for political means.

The NSA is reading everyone's emails and texts (He could have done something to stop it, but has done nothing).

Nobody can afford health insurance.

Shall I continue?

I would like to know how you think he has improved it. You sir, are effing delusional.

You have got to be kidding. ---- I'm not kidding.

Unemployment has been consistently high since he has been president, despite the cooked BS data the administration releases to lull everyone into some false sense of security (looks like it is working). ------Unemployment was high because of the recession, not caused by Obama. Obama's policies have actually brought unemployment down. There are sources all over the place showing this. The economy is in much better shape. That's not delusional, that's the truth.

Race relations are in the crapper. ------No worse than in previous years. I think things are just coming to a head, but if you look back a few decades to NWA and their song F*** the police and all the riots in LA. Things are not worse. About the same. Race relations and the issues around that are always cyclical and are always improved when they are brought to light and we get past. Things will be better when we get past Fergusan, for one example. Obama didn't run out there one night and throw rocks at the police though! LOL

The IRS is now targeting organizations and individuals for political means. ----They always did. If you don't think so, you're kidding yourself and if it wasn't the IRS it was the NSA or the FBI or ATF or DEA etc.

The NSA is reading everyone's emails and texts (He could have done something to stop it, but has done nothing). -----True he didn't stop it but this has been a long time coming. Clinton, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Reagon...they could have all helped put the stops to national security and did nothing. Again. Country not destroyed.

Nobody can afford health insurance. ----I just told you that lot's of people can afford insurance. I can. Country not destroyed. Constitution still stands.

Shall I continue? --- Please, you've shown me no proof of Obama destroying america. Just political talking points.

I would like to know how you think he has improved it. You sir, are effing delusional. ----- The economy is so much better now than it was 6 years ago. You know this. You sir, might be effing delusional! LOL
edit on 12-11-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well taken care of.

Unneeded post; delete if possible.
edit on 14Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:10:04 -060014p0220141166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Tell ya what, do a poll of all the democrats who voted for Republicans November 4th, and ask THEM how Obama has improved the country. You are clearly insulated from the damage because you are a tenured college professor or something, but I can assure you from firsthand experience that the country is not better since any time that the liar in chief has taken office.

Oh, and government jobs don't count. Take those out of the equation and you will start to see the REAL picture. Government jobs do not produce anything that contribute to the GDP, in fact they take away from it.

This is not a disagreement - you are just dead wrong, buddy.

edit on 12-11-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Tell ya what, do a poll of all the democrats who voted for Republicans November 4th, and ask THEM how Obama has improved the country. You are clearly insulated from the damage because you are a tenured college professor or something, but I can assure you from firsthand experience that the country is not better since any time that the liar in chief has taken office.

Oh, and government jobs don't count. Take those out of the equation and you will start to see the REAL picture. Government jobs do not produce anything that contribute to the GDP, in fact they take away from it.

This is not a disagreement - you are just dead wrong, buddy.

Not true.

Here's some truth for you.

I was an elected official in Oregon a few years ago. One of our biggest issues was funding for schools. When the economy tanked, a huge portion of our funding was taken away. Remember that this is Oregon and state income tax was the biggest source of income, also remember that with loss of jobs and rise in unemployment not only did our income dry up, but what money we had coming in was being diverted to welfare, food stamps, unemployment payments etc.

After Obama took office...a few years, things started to get better, unemployment went down when the national economy improved and our funding increased for schools. This isn't some pie in the sky, listening/trusting the Obama administrations numbers. These numbers were real. If unemployment rose, we got less money, as unemployment dropped we got more money due to income tax. That simple. The economy improved. It's really that simple.

Secondly, I'm not a professor and actually I don't even have a college degree. I have lots of college credits spanning decades but never took the time to buckle down and finish a degree. I'm a small business owner who provides a service. It's a service that nobody needs but lot's of people want. I don't get clients and sales if the economy is down. The economy is up and my business is thriving.

That's two states that the economy improved in. Oregon and Nevada. One with a sales tax and one with an income tax. Obama has improved the economy.

My business is also in a lower level income area. maybe half the households are middle class and the other half and way below that. They can still afford to pay me.

I can assure you from first hand experience that the economy and country is in pretty good shape since the "liar in chief" took office.

Tell me again how he ruined the country and hasn't improved it?

Oh, just wanted to add incase you missed it. We didn't vote for president this past week, we voted for congressmen and women.
edit on 12-11-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Totally true. You are seeing numbers that the liberal media want you to see. I am not going to explain further because you obviously don't understand. Good on you that your business is doing better, but you don't know where your customers are getting their money, do you? Low income people have never had a reputation for buying just what they need, either. Go down to the ghetto and count the satellite dishes.

Out.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Totally true. You are seeing numbers that the liberal media want you to see. I am not going to explain further because you obviously don't understand. Good on you that your business is doing better, but you don't know where your customers are getting their money, do you? Low income people have never had a reputation for buying just what they need, either. Go down to the ghetto and count the satellite dishes.

Out.

Thanks for the discourse. I do hope you actually research these numbers and don't take lunatics like Rush Limbaugh for their word. I'm not seeing any liberal media numbers, my examples were real world numbers. I actually have data sheets and applications from all of my clients. They pretty much all have jobs. Every single one of them. So does my wife, all of my relatives and all of my neighbors. We all work. The economy is good. I'm not going to explain it further to you because you obviously don't understand and won't stop listening to talk radio.

Out.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I really want us ALL (me included) to begin to stop this "liberal media versus conservative media" BS here at ATS and start focusing on facts. If we don't take the time to drill-down to verifiable evidence for a point, rather than merely finding a quote that says what we want it to say we are diminishing the verity of this site that we all enjoy.

For example, I disagree with every one of SFD's points above, not because I support Obama, but because they aren't accurate.

Let's review the claim about unemployment. The current employment rate was 5.8 percent in October. I take that information from the US Department of Laborwebsite. This information is compiled by hundreds if not thousands of individuals. It is very complex and there are many alternate sources available that go in to make up the claims. Does anyone think that if there was a mandate from the top (Obama) to jigger the figures, that information wouldn't be leaking as we are speaking?

But, fair enough, let's say the WHOLE Department of Labor is in cahoots with the President, for the sake of a momentary argument. What should have happened above was the provision of an alternate source of information that backed up SDF's claim, and not one that just said, as SDF did, "You can't believe the official report."

THAT would be the kind of content that ATS is known for. That is the reason I joined the site and what I'm going to try to get back to. Facts, not fallacies.

Thanks for listening to the tirade.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I'm confused. Even the hardened conservative economists that have been very critical of the Obama admin can agree that the economy is getting better. It's not where it needs to be and I believe the unemployment rates are a bit skewed, but it is getting better.

One good indicator of that is that the Federal Reserve decided to quit the QE bond measures to help the economy, GDP is up 4.6% annually and overall spending in the economy is up.

So I think your assessment may only be of your personal situation or of those around you, but as a country it does seem we are coming out of this funk...slowly but surely.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
THEY both serve that same MASTER.
www.commondreams.org...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join