It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 'What a Billion Muslims Really Think'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

But what if they are right?

Or you don't care? You just don't care do you?

What they are saying doesn't matter it's only who says it right?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We talk about family values as though they are sacred - but are they? How many people,muslim and christian etc are happily married and living fulfilled lives?

What about the women who have to find shelters from abusive husbands, both physically and mentally abusive regardless of the damage it does to the children of that marriage? (Not to mention viva-cersa).

The bankers and governments have basically destroyed the family unit because most women have been forced out to work due mostly to financial pressure and also the right to work should she wish. The problem is that often husbands, if their wives earn more or are more respected in their jobs and popular, don't handle that one so easily.

The adage 'Oh we have to work at it' often means compromise and one giving in generally whilst the other may well pretend to be the martyr. Ask any marriage counsellor and you will see that family values are great in theory but not so great for a lot of people in reality.

Muslims have no choice in this matter because many of their marriages are arranged and the women have no voice when it comes to divorce unless the imman sees absolutely no alternative - but she has to beg whilst he toddles off with a smile on his face to the next wife and takes tyhe kids if he feels like it.

I listen to Cameron and other politicians raving about family values because its easier not only to tax a family but also to keep track of families than lots of single people.

Marriage was something the church forced on people because it didn't like women having any power or say, especially if they questioned dogma as they were often better communicators than men and passed their property to others not the church, so it forced them to be under the 'marriage vow with obedience to their husbands - which benefitted the men more than the women. I suspect throughout our long time on the earth men and women lived separate lives with the women in one long hut and the men in another - marriage didn't exist except for purposes of treaties and couples living together until the priests dreamed it up to be a sacrament they could charge for and part and parcel of qualifying their own existence.

It suits many but how many are idealically happy I would ask and I wonder if people are honest if they reply?

It gets forgotten that mankind managed to bring children up for generations without the single married unit existing and although the so-called ideal is 1.2 kiddies to 1 man and 1 women married to each other bringing up children is often done shared with grand parents, nurseries, schools with after school clubs. In fact if you look at todays young people many come from single parents and are perfectly well adjusted and doing just fine. Thedre is also a good reason why so many non-muslims don't marry any more. It will change because in this country an unmarried woman with a child was a shameful thing, now we take it in our stride and respect the choice not to marry as that couple's right to make.

Sorry to be so glum about the family value but I am just being truthful having reached an old enough age to have seen a lot of marriages and worked as a therapist. I also notice that the problems in marriage span the religions so its not something special for muslims or christians its the differences between men and women and their perceived roles and what the religious and politicians tell them they should be. Each group has its own agenda though which doesn't include the happiness of the individuals or their sexuality.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I see the truth scares you and no I have no children.
Personal choice is awesome.

Your opinion scares me, that's indeed true.

While I won't wish you become a parent, because as you say, personal choice is awesome, I would suggest that you have absolutely no idea how to comprehend the love of a parent to their child. To suggest that it is somehow outside of the realm of the abhorrent to the average person, Muslim or not, to send their child to die, is to fundamentally undervalue the experience of being a parent.
edit on 6-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

But what if they are right?

Or you don't care? You just don't care do you?

What they are saying doesn't matter it's only who says it right?

See that right there is your problem and this is why people don't go anywhere in life, stop worrying what other people think.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

I see the truth scares you and no I have no children.
Personal choice is awesome.

Your opinion scares me, that's indeed true.

While I won't wish you become a parent, because as you say, personal choice is awesome, I would suggest that you have absolutely no idea how to comprehend the love of a parent to their child. To suggest that it is somehow outside of the realm of abhorrent to the average person, Muslim or not, to send their child to die, is to fundamentally undervalue the experience of being a parent.

Well pudding if opinions scare you then you should stay away from sites like this that are loaded with opinions.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Why are you taking up bandwidth asking me questions I answered clearly in my post?

I said quite plainly - I do not care what ANYONE thinks - outside the USA.

We as a nation need to STOP CARING what our global neighbors 'think' about us - and get our freakin' act together!

What a load, lol! Our country is rimming the drain in every way - the breakdown of family values, morals, the financial crisis, and on and on - and we spend millions 'caring' what 'they' think?

That's crap.

peace

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

But..... Is there a breakdown of the family in America?

Or are you trying to say that's not a problem?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well pudding if opinions scare you then you should stay away from sites like this that are loaded with opinions.

Oh, I get it.

You're an edgy guy.

Carry on, cool guy, carry on.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

He's not here to discuss any issues, he never does.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
thesaneone is not a danger to muslims. I doubt he/she [sorry can't figure out] hasn't got a large group of like minded people who go out killing others for religious reasons, yet people on here are 'scared' or 'disgusted' by his
honest opinion.
Meanwhile there are more than one muslim out there who are preaching hatred and kill innocents in the most horrific way, yet excuses are made for 'all other' muslims who are not barbaric killing machines.

I for one are far more worried by extremists than one person who dares speak their mind on this forum. Stop silencing people because they dare have an opinion that might offend the 'precious ones that shall never be insulted'. Meh.

I love to hear from every side in order to make up my mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
while i agree that it was a colossal waste of money, i do care what other nations/religions think of the usa. i may not always agree with their appraisals because, like with anything else of import, the social arena is manipulated by government-based propaganda.
edit on 6-11-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Thank you and no I'm no threat to muslims.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I for one are far more worried by extremists than one person who dares speak their mind on this forum. Stop silencing people because they dare have an opinion that might offend the 'precious ones that shall never be insulted'. Meh.

Can we get an applause here!
Thank you so much Hecate666 for your point well made.

Back on topic -

I read yesterday where a couple had their legs broken - and then were burned alive - by our lovely neighbors the Muslims. Yet, we spend millions researching just what 'their' opinions are - while our Veterans sleep on the streets for lack of government spending!

I bet the Muslim radicals get a real big chuckle out of that one! Because you can bet your boots they're not going to spend millions to find out what we think.

Wake the hell up people.

peace
edit on 6-11-2014 by silo13 because: bold fix

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
over 30 years ago, preachers in the usa were warning that the breakdown of the family unit is part of the communist platform. here's the trick - the muslim countries overseas are frequently working with communist countries and seem to prefer marxism over any other form of government. so why are we being blamed for suffering from the effects of marxists taking over our country, in every conceivable way possible?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't care what Muslims think of us either.
When they stop treating women like cattle and allow Christian churches to be built in their counties I'll give them a listen. Until then I don't really care.

As for the decay of family values, that really started with the women's lib movement. Our children lost their full time mothers when they went out and got jobs.
Think about it, who is going to raise your kids better, you or a babysitter?
I'm not knocking women's lib, my wife is a bank manager and I'm very proud of her. But this is one of the results of women leaving the home for the workplace.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I can see the communist agenda at work here actually. Kind of mind blowing.,

Your right though. Parents should probably be educating their kids too but how can they when they have careers.

I guess careers are more I portent then kids anymore anyway. Those little vampires should learn how to take care of themselves and move out faster.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
over 30 years ago, preachers in the usa were warning that the breakdown of the family unit is part of the communist platform. here's the trick - the muslim countries overseas are frequently working with communist countries and seem to prefer marxism over any other form of government. so why are we being blamed for suffering from the effects of marxists taking over our country, in every conceivable way possible?

If only...

Could you imagine if the workers of the country controlled the wealth of the country, instead of the few at the top?

Marxist takeover indeed... heh.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I don't care what Muslims think of us either.
When they stop treating women like cattle and allow Christian churches to be built in their counties I'll give them a listen. Until then I don't really care.

As for the decay of family values, that really started with the women's lib movement. Our children lost their full time mothers when they went out and got jobs.
Think about it, who is going to raise your kids better, you or a babysitter?
I'm not knocking women's lib, my wife is a bank manager and I'm very proud of her. But this is one of the results of women leaving the home for the workplace.

I'm confused.

You are critical of "Muslims" for keeping their women at home, but think we started going downhill as a society when we allowed our women to leave the home...

That's an... interesting perspective...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

We only want 5 wealthy people in the states. We're going to vote on kingship in the next election cycle.

VOTE YES FOR KINGS!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I can see the communist agenda at work here actually. Kind of mind blowing.,

Your right though. Parents should probably be educating their kids too but how can they when they have careers.

I guess careers are more I portent then kids anymore anyway. Those little vampires should learn how to take care of themselves and move out faster.

Ok ya lost me on the communist thing,,,,

And you are wrong on the career thing. Women wanted the right to support themselves and not depend on a man to take care of them. So many women were dominated in their own homes. That screwed the kids up to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join