It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 'What a Billion Muslims Really Think'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
NPR

When the Gallup organization asked Muslims around the world and Westerners what they admired most and least about the West, both groups gave the same answers: They admired Western technology and democracy, but were disappointed by the breakdown of family values and morality.

Interesting piece by NPR. So I'm not alone in seeing the breakdown of the family and of the community to excessive individualism and over capitalized ideas.

Who Speaks for Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think is about this silenced majority. This book is the product of a mammoth, multiyear Gallup research study. Between 2001 and 2007, Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents of more than 35 nations that are predominantly Muslim or have substantial Muslim populations. The sample represents residents young and old, educated and illiterate, female and male, and from urban and rural settings. With the random sampling method that Gallup used, results are statistically valid within a plus or minus 3-point margin of error. In totality, we surveyed a sample representing more than 90% of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, making this the largest, most comprehensive study of contemporary Muslims ever done.

I'm actually one of the apparently few who agree with this. No extremist do not represent Islam. I think the majority of Muslims are probably just regular people, deluded but regular. Deluded and regular in the same way that the average Christian attends church but doesn't strictly adhere to the teachings of said church.

Flame on for the deluded comment.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Muslims aren't the only ones disappointed by America's breakdown in family values.

Christians, Buddhists, atheists, and agnostics are upset with it too. But our current political system is so "politically correct" it stimulates the further breakdown in family values, and family life. This is the same theme that occurred in Rome during its final years, which ultimately guided the empire into breakdown - according to predominate historians.

But, the ignorant masses demand their way - alas, they do not give a single thought to the repercussions of what will happen when they get what they want. We live in an instant gratification society. Unfortunately instant gratification can cause more problems than good.

The minority desire the change. The majority desire stronger moral values and ethics.

But the minority, because of political correctness, get their way.... We cannot hurt their feelings.
edit on 6-11-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
Muslims aren't the only ones disappointed by America's breakdown in family values.

Christians, Buddhists, atheists, and agnostics are upset with it too. But our current political system is so "politically correct" it stimulates the further breakdown in family values, and family life. This is the same theme that occurred in Rome during its final years, which ultimately guided the empire into breakdown - according to predominate historians.

But, the ignorant masses demand their way - alas, they do not give a single thought to the repercussions of what will happen when they get what they want. We live in an instant gratification society. Unfortunately instant gratification can cause more problems than good.

The minority desire the change. The majority desire stronger moral values and ethics.

But the minority, because of political correctness, get their way.... We cannot hurt their feelings.

Well, there sure are a lot of Christians, Buddhists, atheists, and agnostics playing along, by stealing, committing adultery, being prideful self-serving blankety-blanks.

The breakdown of values extends all the way to WalMart parking lots. Watch for a while and see how many people actually take their carts to the cart return. They've just pushed it around a 100,000 square foot store, and out to their car, but that last 20 feet, well, that is just too much to ask. You may think it is a stupid comparison, but that simple act is purely selfless. You don't benefit from putting your cart back, but others do.

edit on 6-11-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: FFS

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Unless they live in the U.S then I don't care what the rest of the muslims think of us.

How many American parents are fitting their child with explosives?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The breakdown of family values stared when people relaxed their morals and lost faith in jesus.
That's saying something considering I'm an atheist.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

How many American parents have homeless kids fighting mental disability and drug addiction on their own destroying themselves and their community?

We can do this tit for tat.

link   
What people think the problem is maybe the same... it's what they think the solution should be that will differ wildly!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
The breakdown of family values stared when people relaxed their morals and lost faith in jesus.

I think it has more to do with our economy. People can only see the $$$.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Unless they live in the U.S then I don't care what the rest of the muslims think of us.

What a vile comment. Seriously, it makes my skin crawl to read such hatred.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

This is exactly the mentality were addressing in the article and thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

How many American parents have homeless kids fighting mental disability and drug addiction on their own destroying themselves and their community?

We can do this tit for tat.

Do what tit for tat?

I'm not disagreeing with you on family values I just don't care what a billion Muslims think about us.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What was vile about it?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

well that's a great perspective.

Maybe they are... They're actually right though? Oh you don't even care to look at it do you? The only thing that matters is, "foreigners, Muslims".

Can't handle criticism from brown Muslims huh?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I can handle it I just don't care what people on the outside think of us.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What was vile about it?

The idea that you believe that parents around the world think so little of their children that they would strap them up with explosives and send them out to die, or barring that, that it is somehow indicative of the Muslim mindset to do so.

My guess is that you aren't a parent.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Talk about ignorance, only brown people are muslim?
edit on 6-11-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Flame on for an extremely deluded comment

Yes..use your agressive feelings, let the hate flow...the hate is swelling in you now,, use it ....give in too your anger

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

I think it has more to do with our economy. People can only see the $$$.

70 percent of black children are born from single parents. That's a huge disadvantage in raising a child and makes just living a struggle. That's a big reason they end up in gangs and jail.
Our society has an anything goes attitude today. People feel no shame about anything including being on welfare.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What I want to know is why?

WHY all the time and $$$ and effort spent on this 'survey'? I can think of a hundred other ways that kind of money could have been spent other than this BS. Because you know it was a LOT of money!

What a Billion Muslims Really Think is about this silenced majority.

'Silenced Majority' - HUH? - That right there begs a thousand questions.

This book is the product of a mammoth, multiyear Gallup research study. Between 2001 and 2007, Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents of more than 35 nations that are predominantly Muslim or have substantial Muslim populations.

Again - WHY? What's the reason for this crap? And yes, IMO it is pure crap.

I don't care what they think. They (Muslims or any other race outside the USA) - their opinion just doesn't count. Not for me. I could give a rats hole what other countries think, what other races think - even what Canada (no disrespect to our neighbors) or Mexico think.

I care what's going on in this country and I resent to the utmost spending money that could have housed and clothed our HERO VETERAN'S and old folks spent on finding out what 'other people think'.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

peace
edit on 6-11-2014 by silo13 because: bold fix

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

What was vile about it?

The idea that you believe that parents around the world think so little of their children that they would strap them up with explosives and send them out to die, or barring that, that it is somehow indicative of the Muslim mindset to do so.

My guess is that you aren't a parent.

I see the truth scares you and no I have no children.
Personal choice is awesome.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join