It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 'What a Billion Muslims Really Think'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I must disagree with you here BFFT. That is not all they make these days. I have spent my life trying to dress slightly more modestly than what is the norm here, and of course my daughter would be 24 years old now had she not died last year.

And there are ALWAYS options! Capri shorts are in fashion, and they make them in smaller sizes as well - these are "shorts" that go down just past a woman's knees. Also... if you really don't care for what is more widely available, and still want to wear shorts.. you can purchase a pair of blue jeans, which aren't any more expensive than a pair of shorts, and cut them off whatever length you might like.

Same with dresses, you don't have to wear the mini skirts, even though those were hugely popular, you can still find the classic style of dresses throughout my entire lifetime. You have to go to the high end stores rather than walmart to find the classics - which never go out of style - but you CAN find them.

You don't have to dress like a trashy slut if you don't want to. Most... simply want to.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine
A billion muslims think there is a breakdown of values in the west? Okay. But I see the severe lack of respect for homosexuals, women, and non muslims in muslim countries as a breakdown in common sense and as downright evil. So I guess it's a matter of perspective and what people call 'values'. It's subjective.

I think you said it pretty good there.

And the OP talks about a breakdown of society... seems to hang on the words of the Muslims opinions of us, yet any of our opinion of them that doesnt fit the PC mold is shunned. Why is that?

Did anybody tell those Muslims they aren't allowed to have bad opinions of Americans? Because anybody here with bad opinions of Muslims is racist and a hater.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
Muslims aren't the only ones disappointed by America's breakdown in family values.

Unless they live in the U.S then I don't care what the rest of the muslims think of us.

How many American parents are fitting their child with explosives?

Well at least the kid doesnt have to suffer like a couple of degenerate parents in the USA beating and torturing their child because he refused to eat his breakfast... In another story, a man kept his son locked in a room, secluded from the outside world while he molested him when ever he chose too.. Your countries Morals are gone and when people keep justifying the way things are heading the morals are only going to get worse. Countries are ended in these situations and I'm sure the Muslim's in the ME wouldn't give a crap about your country either when your calling for help.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

Okay.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You know... many Muslims have to live here. The ones who do, and are just trying to live their life, don't want their houses burned down by crazy people, they don't want their vehicles vandalized nor do they want to be spit on by random people as they are going about their day to day activities.

All the above and more, I have dealt with by people who don't think I have the right to believe in a different religion.

For those who live overseas, they get told by YOU... by your politicians and your activist groups and your polls ect ect ect, how they should dress, how they should live their lives, who should have power in their countries (not who might they like, but who do YOU think should be over them today) who should be armed and trained to the teeth, who should have their resources taken from them. And when thats not enough for you all attempting to dictate their lives, you tell them how they should have sex and try to dictate every moral.. and if they don't do what you like... well hell you will just kill a couple hundred thousand or a million.. and teach them!

Then you sit and tell me you don't give a crap what Muslims might think of you... when you stop giving a crap to make the life of a Muslim a living nightmare... then perhaps you can sit and say Muslims don't have the right to have an opinion about you.

And you know what's funniest of all? Muslims don't hate you for any of it... we keep trying to make peace with you.
edit on 6-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

must be a regional thing. my wife and I have talked about it before. When we first married 20 years ago, it wasn't unusual for one of our neices to get an outfit from us for a gift. Maybe a birthday gift or something. Now, we don't buy that for them (wide range of ages among our neices/nephews, ranging from newborn to 29). There is nothing we can find that is appropriate for a purchase we would make. Instead, they get gift cards, or some other gift.

Yes, there is online purchasing. But easily 1/3 of the kids in our local schools don't have access to internet. It was an issue brought up as a potential civil rights suit in one of the elementaries because of its reliance on online tutoring, and the lack of internet access among the students.

I guess we could find something that they won't wear hidden on a back rack somewhere. where they keep the moomoo's. Otherwise...nope. Stores only sell what people buy. Excess inventory is taxed at the end of the year.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Family values and Islam... The religion of PEACE, here to bring FAMILY VALUES lol...

Sorry, it just doesn't seem right to me...
edit on 7-11-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Of course they are "disappointed" in the "breakdown of morality" in Western society.

In THEIR culture they cover up women since the existence/appearance of females alone is considered "immoral".

So give me a break with cultures or individuals thinking to know what proper "morality" is. I don't think that a culture which covers up females in public is even QUALIFIED to speak out about morals....respective I have reasons to assume that their ideas of "morality" is not exactly what I consider rational or that it would lead to a better society. Looking at the M.E. today...uh..is their society "better" as compared to the West? HARDLY.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
Muslims aren't the only ones disappointed by America's breakdown in family values.

Unless they live in the U.S then I don't care what the rest of the muslims think of us.

How many American parents are fitting their child with explosives?

oh boy......so these muslims were asked about western values.....America is not the only country in the west so your comment is really is not only unnecessary but shows your own intolerance and lack of understanding...looks like you are not the only one.....from the article....

"Shortly after 9/11, we asked Americans what they knew about Islam and Muslims and their views and values," Mogahed says. "And we found that 54 percent said they knew either nothing or not much. ... Then in early 2007, we asked the same question. Now, this is after two wars, a great deal of media coverage on Islam and Muslims, and this time, 57 percent said they knew either nothing or not much."

there are 1.3 billion muslims globally so they are not going anywhere anytime soon...the way forward would be working out a way for everyone to get along

The same poll found 44% of Americans saying that Muslims are too extreme in their religious beliefs. Nearly onequarter of Americans, 22%, say they would not want a Muslim as a neighbor; less than half believe U.S. Muslims are loyal to the United States.

so what was gained from this study ? one thing is for sure... NOT what the media would like us believe...

Gallup's research produced a number of insights, but the most important was this: The conflict between the Muslim and Western communities is far from inevitable. It is more about policy than principles. However, until and unless decision makers listen directly to the people and gain an accurate understanding of this conflict, extremists on all sides will continue to gain ground.

Dream jobs: When asked to describe their dreams for the future, Muslims don't mention fighting in a jihad, but rather getting a better job.

Radical rejection: Muslims and Americans are equally likely to reject attacks on civilians as morally unjustified

intolerance and hate will breed intolerance and hate on both sides...when people stop the hate and the prejudice only then can our world and our lives improve

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Did you happen to read the quote that I was responding to?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not sure how family value equates to if you have a religion....
When this religion stops women being treated like crap I'll pay attention to its concept of family values.

On another note, it is odd doing this sort of survey? I'm like Silo, I am trying to grasp the motive.

I have travelled in many muslim countries, for the most part, and I find them to be like anyone else.

Personality type defines the interaction I have with a person, religion is peripheral. Religion certainly coerces behavioural actions that are anti social.
Everywhere in the world you have angry people, funny people, compassionate people, intelligent people, frightened people, and so on.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It very well may be regional then, I know if I go to Macy's or Dillards or Jones Store I can usually always find the classic styles woven in with the fads here and there - when shopping in the midwest.
edit on 7-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Is there ANY other group than muslims that strap bombs on their kids to blow up civilians?

Who are THEY to speak of family values?

How old do the muslim females have to be to get married? 9?

Just wonderful family values,lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Best-and most logical-response.

The terrorists' apologists won't be able to handle it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Wearing the veil is more than simply oppressing woman in the Middle East.. Have a think about the other reasons why the would wear it from a spiritual perspective and with that a health perspective also..

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Best and most logical response? lol, your logic is warped to start with.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

is sure did

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I find capris and knee length shorts at WalMart, but then I don't think I'm too good to shop at WalMart as many here on ATS think.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: InhaleExhale

An american woman can choose whatever religion she wishes. A Saudi woman can't choose to be a Catholic.
The difference is she chooses the ideology, the ideology does not choose her.

Sorry but that's not true.

A Saudi woman can choose what ever she wishes to believe in, there might be consequences if she advertises it publicly however the crap of no choice is so ignorant of human nature that I don't know what to say or where to start.

Choice is a freedom we all have, fear might dictate choices many make however that doesn't dismiss the truth that every person is free to choose what they wish to believe in, when you start advertising your beliefs is when you take risks because in certain areas some are more fanatical then others and wont have any of it so they use fear to try and dictate people beliefs.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I have a problem with that.
So no. I really don't care what they think about my morals.

You have a problem with their customs and culture but really don't care what they think of your morals.

No wonder ww3 is just around the corner and will be fought by most ignorant bunch in human history.

All manipulated by what they are told, none that ever experience reality until they must kill for one perspective of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join