It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange ball in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Aligning lenses on a proper camera or telescope and a phone camera are like night and day, I can assure you that the camera was focused to the best of its ability, just zoomed as much as it can be
edit on NovemberuMon, 03 Nov 2014 13:18:24 -0600Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:18:24 -060014012014b112014 by Furryhobnob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's possible that the op saw something like that, I did notice towards the end of that video that they came in red also.

The only problem I have with those balloons is the shape and that also they have a different level of glow around the parts of the balloon that are thicker, the top and bottom. Not sure if that would be picked up on the camera though.

Op, I've had a look for reported UFO sightings in the UK recently and found very little other than a youtube video of a sighting in Liverpool, that being said sightings are reported days after the time of sighting in a lot of cases.

Here is the Liverpool video:

I'll keep an eye out for reports etc over the next few days, thanks for the pictures btw

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Did you ever had another encounter before?

Did you had the feeling you had to look outside for some reason other then smoking?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Did you ever had another encounter before?

Did you had the feeling you had to look outside for some reason other then smoking?

Never encountered one before, and had no reason to go outside other than to have a smoke

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if its a telescope or camera. Collimated light is the term for it. Obviously the lenses on your camera are factory fixed and in perfect alignment. That was my point. Tell you what. Go outside tonight and extreme zoom on a star without readjusting focus and bring that image here for us…

Many types of lenses can also produce collimated light from point-like sources.

Collimated light

ETA: You are editing out your replies to me portion of your post, I see.
edit on 3-11-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It doesn't matter if its a telescope or camera. Collimated light is the term for it. Obviously the lenses on your camera are factory fixed and in perfect alignment. That was my point. Tell you what. Go outside tonight and extreme zoom on a star without readjusting focus and bring that image here for us…

Collimated light

I'm at work right now, I'll go outside in a min as it's dark, if it's clear I'll zoom in and take a pic of the stars

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Difficult to say I had the same experience in 2008 . Also red non flickering and those led balloons didn't exist at that time..

The questions I asked before was because I had this premonition , before it all happened really weird .

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob

originally posted by: intrptr

Collimated light

I'm at work right now, I'll go outside in a min as it's dark, if it's clear I'll zoom in and take a pic of the stars

Cool…

Pick one as bright as the "object", and don't focus after "zooming", if you would.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just been outside, and it's clear with a few clouds, there are stars in the sky, i took a pic with no zoom whatsoever and one with full zoom, you can't see the stars in either pic, I'm happy to post them if you want me too? And the reason I edited my post to you was because first time round I only mentioned proper camera lenses and then realised that you were talking about telescope lenses, so I edited it to include telescope aswell as camera lenses

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just been outside, and it's clear with a few clouds, there are stars in the sky, i took a pic with no zoom whatsoever and one with full zoom, you can't see the stars in either pic, I'm happy to post them if you want me too? And the reason I edited my post to you was because first time round I only mentioned proper camera lenses and then realised that you were talking about telescope lenses, so I edited it to include telescope aswell as camera lenses

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There are no stars as bright as the object in the sky, the object was bigger than any star

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It pride so gluttonous, and huge like Buddhas belly, it got stuck up like Lucifer.

lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: ATSZOMBIE

If it was only about 1/10th the size of a 1p piece (1 cent for you yankee types), then it must of been very small or very high up.

A lantern is roughly two - three feet in size, to be as small as you describe it being, it would have to have been high..i'm thinking higher than lanterns normally reach, as their little hexamine block is usually consumed long before being able to reach that height.

Possibly the ISS? Not saying that's what it was, but that is quite a small, but bright light and also appears to move quickly.

I suppose the orange colour could have been the setting Sun reflecting on the ISS..or of course it could have been something else entirely.

Thanks for posting though, every little bit helps eh.

Yes because all lanterns are the same size aren't they

Giant Lanterns

The real problem is that it's difficult to judge size or speed in the dark because you have nothing to compare with!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Any exposure details

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Any exposure details

No details, just uploaded one of the pics to Flickr as you can see shutter speed/exposure etc, it just says program AE, I will just clarify that I didn't touch any settings on the camera, I literally unlocked the phone, pressed camera, and clicked away

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Great OP. Thanks for posting.

I am no "ufo expert" by a long shot, but after reading all the posts in this thread I'd like to ask for a bit more detail if I may.

You mentioned the object was moving from east to west. Could you estimate where it was in the sky when you saw it? ie, was it already overhead, or still off to the east, or already more than half-way across, etc. This would help to give a better impression of its velocity in relation to the estimated 15 seconds you said it was in view.

Would you say it was holding a steady altitude, ascending or moving lower? I know that's hard to judge, but just your impression would be fine.

Many thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Great OP. Thanks for posting.

I am no "ufo expert" by a long shot, but after reading all the posts in this thread I'd like to ask for a bit more detail if I may.

You mentioned the object was moving from east to west. Could you estimate where it was in the sky when you saw it? ie, was it already overhead, or still off to the east, or already more than half-way across, etc. This would help to give a better impression of its velocity in relation to the estimated 15 seconds you said it was in view.

Would you say it was holding a steady altitude, ascending or moving lower? I know that's hard to judge, but just your impression would be fine.

Many thanks.

It seemed to be holding altitude and not going higher or dropping, In the daylight tomorrow I will take a pic and draw on it the rough path the ball took
edit on November000000Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:32:23 -0600Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:32:23 -060014032014b112014 by Furryhobnob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have seen one of the Red glow Ufos in my life. It skimmed under low cloud cover im my direction and slowed to halt almost directly over me. There it stopped and hovered in the sky. It was very dark night where I was standing near tracks and reserve away from ground light sources, and I don't think it knew I was observing it (initially at least).

What I could observe with my direct eye looked exactly like the zoomed in picture above. I was able to assess its size accurately as the size of an airbus because I see often passenger jets flying under low cloud blanket, which this thing was hovering under. The references to what I knew also allowed me to compare speed of the Red Ufo to passenger jets at similar height. The one I witnessed easily was moving double speed to the passenger jets and it slow to a halt in about 5 seconds. That sighting to me and now seeing now these pictures just reaffirms to me there is something up there that shouldn't be up there.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Fine. Find a plane, a street light. Zoom on headlights or a flashlight, something similar in brightness. I showed how the "point source" of light was out of focus.

That was my contribution to the "unknown". Kind of hard to determine what a "fuzzy light" is.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you.

Good idea to post a diagram showing the approximate path.
I'll check back in here tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join