It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange ball in the sky?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi guys, i was outside in the garden last night having a smoke around 10pm ish, i looked up and there was this orange ball in the sky, quite high up and moving really fast, I called the missus out and we were trying to figure out what it was, at first I assumed it was a Chinese lantern but soon realised from the speed it was moving that surely it couldn't be, I've seen Chinese lanterns in the past and they are quite slow and they flicker, this ball wasn't flickering at all, I managed to quickly snap a few pics before it disappeared out of site, I apologise for the quality but all I had to hand was my Samsung galaxy s5, I zoomed in as much as I could, anyway here they are

This last pic is a screenshot of the pic zoomed in even more

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics. I don't know what it is but in the last photograph you can see a circular form in the center of the "orange ball".

I doubt Chinese Lanterns can move fast and I'm calling this a UFO because I cannot identify it and do not know what it is.

Good find! S + F

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks to me lik a 'chnese lantern' which are very common. Probably just a wedding party was happening down the street, you shoulda gone there for free champagne!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSZOMBIE

If it was only about 1/10th the size of a 1p piece (1 cent for you yankee types), then it must of been very small or very high up.

A lantern is roughly two - three feet in size, to be as small as you describe it being, it would have to have been high..i'm thinking higher than lanterns normally reach, as their little hexamine block is usually consumed long before being able to reach that height.

Possibly the ISS? Not saying that's what it was, but that is quite a small, but bright light and also appears to move quickly.

I suppose the orange colour could have been the setting Sun reflecting on the ISS..or of course it could have been something else entirely.

Thanks for posting though, every little bit helps eh.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSZOMBIE

They said it was moving too fast to be Chinese Lanterns. Also they mentioned that the light was steady and not flickering like a CL.

OP can you estimate its size? I understand this is difficult when its an airborne object.

Do you have any air force bases, military installations or drone bases near you? Any RC hobbyists? They can make some pretty sophisticated flying objects nowadays just from mailorder kits.

Your best bet would be to find out if anyone in your area saw it as well, if not on the same night but a different one.

Have you considered reporting it to a UFO group? Like MUFON or so on? If so, it's best to write down every detail you can remember about the object and the environment at the time of the sighting. See what the other person who sighted it can write separately in their own words. That's always a boost to the sighting report.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

It does appear to have a center in some of those photos.

The most common sighting is the orange orb. If you have more details it might help identify it.

How long did it take to move across the sky?
Are you willing to give the location you spotted it?
What direction was it heading north to south, east to west etc?

I know it was a pretty clear night yesterday in the UK if that is where you are, if by chance you saw any clouds on it's trajectory would you say this orb was below or above the clouds?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I honestly couldn't give you an idea of size, it looked quite high up and was moving quicker than an aeroplane would if you were looking up in the sky, i don't think the ball was as high as a commercial aeroplane but I'd say it was a few thousand feet up at least, I don't think there's an airforce Base near me, I'm not saying it was extra terrestrial but it was definitely something I had never seen before so thought it was worth posting

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I've read about orange spheres before and I think you caught one of these. Congrats on catching a UFO!

I'm personally sticking with extraterrestrial or something we have that's kept under wraps. There's a circular craft in the middle of that orange glow, dead center.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It does appear to have a center in some of those photos.

The most common sighting is the orange orb. If you have more details it might help identify it.

How long did it take to move across the sky?
Are you willing to give the location you spotted it?
What direction was it heading north to south, east to west etc?

I know it was a pretty clear night yesterday in the UK if that is where you are, if by chance you saw any clouds on it's trajectory would you say this orb was below or above the clouds?

I'm happy to give my location, I was in Hugglescote just outside Coalville in leicestershire in the UK, it was in the sky for maybe 15 seconds before I lost view of it, as for direction I'm not sure, it was going from my left to right as I was looking at it, I can't remember seeing any stars so it must have been cloudy, and if that's the case it would mean the ball would have been under the clouds

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just looked on Google maps, from there the object would have been moving from East to west

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I can make out a face within the Orange orb, funny what your brain can pick up isn't it?

Anyway, very interesting catch, definitely a UFO, have there been any other reports in the local area? Have you contacted your local paper to see if they have had people approaching them with accounts?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I can make out a face within the Orange orb, funny what your brain can pick up isn't it?

Anyway, very interesting catch, definitely a UFO, have there been any other reports in the local area? Have you contacted your local paper to see if they have had people approaching them with accounts?

No local reports I don't think, there was a mini tornado in Coalville Sunday morning that's been on sky news and reported by the daily mail but that's about it lol, I havnt contacted anybody and probably won't unless there's other reports, and then I would possibly contact them to supply photos

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Im not saying its a satellite at all because I think you wouldnt be able to get that kind of pic with so little time to take the pic as it crosses the horizon. But Ive seen satellites light up like this before, usually light up reddish, then go white, then back to red as the sun reflects off the solar panels. and it happens around 8:30-9:30 at night as the sun is still shining on objects high enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I've seen Chinese lanterns in the past and they are quite slow and they flicker, this ball wasn't flickering at all

I agree it doesn't look like a lantern , perhaps something like this though ? .... in red of course.

edit on 3-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Just did a Google search on orange orbs in Leicestershire. Lots of sightings in the past, but nothing recently.

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I had a quick look at the weather for 2nd Nov and found this
www.bbc.co.uk...

So it looks like you had storms recently. Interestingly I also found this about a small earthquake in Nottinghamshire. www.bbc.co.uk...

Ball lightning/ orange orbs have been associated with earthquakes in the past.

Here is a more detailed outlook on the weather for yesterday too UK weather - 2nd November 2014

So yeah it was unlikely to have been anything above the clouds such as an asteroid or satellite. It's possible it was a chinese lantern but in my experience from what I've seen they tend to blow out as soon as they get any decent height in strong winds. Also it would have been noticeably flickering.

I'll see if I can find any other reported sightings that night.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Too bad your camera was out of focus…

…because the edges are blurry and the center is clear.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It was actually focused, but my mobile phone camera only has digital zoom not optical zoom, so the more you zoom in the blur-ier the pic becomes

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Now the circular object in the center becomes clearer.

It looks like the center is as blurry as the edges in this particular pic. I don't know what this object is but I can't believe it's a CL, RAY1990 pointed out that they go out in high winds and that the light they produce flickers. Also they can't move as fast as the OP claims without blowing out it seems.

I think UFO but terrestrial or "extraterrestrial" I can't make a definite judgement.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
It was actually focused, but my mobile phone camera only has digital zoom not optical zoom, so the more you zoom in the blurrier the pic becomes

I screen captured from you original pic and zoomed that a little. The center clear portion shows the "object" is out of focus.

I know that because when aligning lenses on Schmidt Cassegrain telescopes one purposefully defocuses a bright star, checking that the "clear" portion in the center is directly centered.

Heres what that looks like…

defocused view in telescope eyepiece

The image I captured from the photo at the top in you OP has the same clear ring at the center. What that means I'll leave for others to decide.

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
edit on 3-11-2014 by intrptr because: added reply

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join