It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange ball in the sky?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Possibly, looks very similar in speed to what I saw

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
a reply to: wmd_2008

I don't have any other pics from around the same time, just the ones I've uploaded, I'll get the rest of the details for you in a min, just on my way to work

What about the 2 showing a white blob/dot

edit on 4-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The white blob ones are from unzoomed pics took at the same time and not representative of what I saw from my own eyes, and like I said I don't have anymore other than the ones I uploaded, and the white blob ones are part of the ones I uploaded to photobucket, I can also get all the iso, Aperture etc from them if you want them?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
The white blob ones are from unzoomed pics took at the same time and not representative of what I saw from my own eyes, and like I said I don't have anymore other than the ones I uploaded, and the white blob ones are part of the ones I uploaded to photobucket, I can also get all the iso, Aperture etc from them if you want them?

Just wanted to check

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh sorry all mighty camera expert. I said in the previous thread you point to i was not an expert as you claim to be with your 30 years experience. As ive only started i am on a sharp learning curve which i will put the effort into to gain the experience that you have. So there is no need with your condescending comments when i offered to help. I did not say i was an expert etc but gathered i had more experience than the OP so offered some help.
But everything is ok now the big sheriff is here so the rest of us can just watch and learn

Also the object on the image is also something that happened and not JUST an image. Therefore we are not trying to extract what photography techniques you can suggest and certain effects of light, we are also trying to determine what it was in the sky that night. It was a photograph or a camera flying through the air so i think everyone can offer their opinion.

Looking forward to seeing your take on the pics

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

I wouldn't bother trying to picture stars.

The Samsung Galaxy S5's doesn't have a very long maximum shutter speed and you can't set it manually anyway, which is not great news if you're seriously interested in night photography.

Looks like that 1/17 of a sec at 2000 iso is a max shutter speed 2 examples gave same speed yours and a test site

If you see any other things in the sky download google sky to your phone and if you ever get serious about night shots get a camera we have a thread on here off members Astrophotography.

One of my night shots here the fuzzy patch top right is the Andromeda Galaxy.

The thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Great photo, I'm not into night time photography, I just happened to see something in the sky and only had my phone to hand to quickly snap what it was

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

Oh sorry all mighty camera expert. I said in the previous thread you point to i was not an expert as you claim to be with your 30 years experience. As ive only started i am on a sharp learning curve which i will put the effort into to gain the experience that you have. So there is no need with your condescending comments when i offered to help. I did not say i was an expert etc but gathered i had more experience than the OP so offered some help.
But everything is ok now the big sheriff is here so the rest of us can just watch and learn

Also the object on the image is also something that happened and not JUST an image. Therefore we are not trying to extract what photography techniques you can suggest and certain effects of light, we are also trying to determine what it was in the sky that night. It was a photograph or a camera flying through the air so i think everyone can offer their opinion.

Looking forward to seeing your take on the pics

Well as you seem keen to learn, so learn this it was DIGITAL ZOOM on a phone camera picture taken at the limits of the sensitivity of the camera at night a combination that is not good!

Also comments like this

"I have no idea what it is and by on of the picture i can see it is moving at high speed which warps the centre of the object into almost a bullet shape."

YOU don't know what the object was or it's speed so how can you make a claim like that seriously

edit on 4-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I know it was a digital photo as stated it was on his phone and in almost any field the best way to learn is by trying and learning from your mistakes. The only thing i was offering and have done in previous threads is trying to isolate the objects and gain any shape or colour that does not show up on the original. By playing around with software and participating in threads like this is how i intend to learn, however it does no one good including yourself to make statements such as "what YOU can offer" as in im a mere mortal compared to your genius.

What would have been a better approach would have been to offer some guidance and advice as you can see in the posts i have made im no expert. And anything i have said has been my opinion and interpretation of the data both in picture and given by the OP.

Finally the picture you have provided of the night sky is stunning and shows the effort and passion you have for this subject. What camera are you using and what you did to remove all of the light pollution?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
an interesting photo. in my experience phone cameras struggle with imaging small light sources in a dark sky. to be as visible as it is on the snap means it was probably rather bright to the naked eye.

i can make out a sort of greyish 'cross' on the object. a closeup;

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
It was rather bright, like I've said before I havnt got a clue what it was, I've just never seen a silent orange ball shaped thing in the sky before that was moving as quick as this was, if someone had a rational explanation to what it was then I'll listen, at the min it's still unidentified and a mystery to me, but I guess this is why we are all here, as we like things like this to discuss

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Dude, he was outside having a ciggie, noticed something in the sky, took a shot with his phone camera and posted here for comments and suggestions on what it could be.

The next thing, he is given a lecture on taking photos of objects in the night sky, using expensive equipment he probably has no interest in using or actually knowing about.

What is your actual opinion on the Orange orb?

edit on 4/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I don't mind answering questions on exposure etc as I've got nothing to hide, like you said it was just a random thing that happened while I was outside, if I'd gone out a minute earlier or a minute later I wouldn't have seen anything, I would however like to know what it was, but don't hold much hope for that

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well he has 2 pictures on his photobucket page of the object without using digital zoom and the object appears to be white in those.

I pointed out the problems to show that you will NEVER get a good image from a phone camera at night of a dot of light in the sky. Even in the OP he said this.

" at first I assumed it was a Chinese lantern but soon realised from the speed it was moving that surely it couldn't be

You cant really judge speed properly of a point of light at night when you don't know the size or the distance.

How a lantern would move would depend on the air currents at the altitude it is at.

Here is a video watch and see how far they can travel in a short time also see how they can look white at certain angles and it becomes harder to see the flicker also watch how the auto focus system has trouble at night and they turn into orange blobs when zooming and they are out of focus.

Now does any of that look familiar to the comments in the OP post!
edit on 5-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Just watched the vid, like I said at the beginning though I've seen Chinese lanterns before, and this wasn't a Chinese lantern, the zoomed in pics are representative of what I could see with my eyes more than the non zoomed photo

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yes I can see what you are saying.

Comaparing the video and the photos the OP has posted, it could well be a lantern and at a certain height, it could be misconstrued.

I guess we'll never know for certain and there doesn't appear to be any other reports in the local area, so lantern seems the most rational explanation.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just trying to upload a video to photobucket that the missus took on her phone tonight while I was at work, she says she didn't know what it was and it was stationary in the sky, the video was shot in the same spot I took the photos the other night, I'll put it up as soon as it uploads

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Was hoping you caught the plama discharge off the bottom of a triangle. That kind of looks like a poker chip.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to upload videos as the video i mentioned above wont upload to photobucket, it keeps failing

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Most likely a chinese lantern. You can make any sort of light in the distance look like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join