It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange ball in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Ahhh, an orange thingy. I used to see those out in Arizona and New Mexico. Not every orange ball thing in the sky is a Chinese lantern. If they are, then I got buzzed by the most metallic and large Chinese lantern that I've ever seen about 8 years ago. That Chinese lantern sure looked like some sort aircraft to me (though I tend to think that what buzzed me was experimental in nature as it did have chase plane behind it). All of the sightings that we had at my house were all due to the fact that I was parked out front, having a smoke with nothing else to look at but the sky. Funny, huh?

Anyways, I saw enough out there to know that there are things buzzing in the sky that put off an orange light that aren't flares, balloons or Chinese lanterns. In fact, a few years ago when a bunch of orange Chinese lanterns did fill the sky, I panicked for about 20 seconds because I'd learned to equate orange light in the sky as being something not good. Only 20 seconds though because I immediately realized that they were actually just Chinese lanterns. There's a huge difference between a Chinese lantern and a lit balloon in comparison to an actual craft that emits an orange light. Massive difference really.

I don't know what you saw for sure as I wasn't there. However, I am here to say that not all orange lights are Chinese lanterns or balloons. That realization was absolutely sealed for me in 2006 and I reported it the following day to every single AFB in the area. Sure hope what I saw was an experimental craft. The alternative isn't so comfortable, lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Great post, ive tried my best to extract anything from the images but i cant. The colour radiates from the center which is obvious. I have no idea what it is and by on of the picture i can see it is moving at high speed which warps the centre of the object into almost a bullet shape.

best i could make of it.

once again good image s&f

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Great post, and thanks for trying too extract something from the photos, I had to upload them to photobucket and copy the direct link to get them on here, I'm not sure if photobucket compress the image, if they do then I'd be happy to email the ones direct from my phone as they might be higher quality to be able to extract something from?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I saw two very similar orange balls in similar circumstances a couple of years back travelling west to east from my back yard in Kent, UK.

I have no idea of altitude, however I watched them curve away (like they were tracking the curvature of the Earth or may be the atmosphere) to pin pricks in the distance.

No idea what they were but they seemed to have more depth/body than Chinese lanterns. Struck me more as 'projectiles' than...well anything else

Checked out on the web for other such sightings in the area and found a good few hits, some of singles others of swarms, over a fairly long period. As I recall - few used the term 'UFO', most stuck with words like 'awesome' or 'stunning'.

It was, actually that web trawl that turned up ATS for the first time - so glad to share and tell my truth on this topic.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Im not 100% but i think photobucket compress images on free accounts but not pro accounts. yeh you can email me them and i can try to give a few different techniques on each.
From what i can see it looks very good. hopefully can get something more

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Morning guys, here's the path it took

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

Im not 100% but i think photobucket compress images on free accounts but not pro accounts. yeh you can email me them and i can try to give a few different techniques on each.
From what i can see it looks very good. hopefully can get something more

Youll have to message me your email and I'll send them over

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Any exposure details

No details, just uploaded one of the pics to Flickr as you can see shutter speed/exposure etc, it just says program AE, I will just clarify that I didn't touch any settings on the camera, I literally unlocked the phone, pressed camera, and clicked away

If you right click on the picture file on your computer you will get a menu select properties and then go to details see here

As you can see info on a picture re exposure details.

The problem with camera phones is everyone believes the manufacturers hype they are ok for general picture taking in bright conditions but even the ones that claim they are good in the dark are no good for this type of picture.

Even with my 16mp DSLR I use manual focus at night and also manual exposure.

As for people on this thread and other ufo threads trying to use various filters and effects of photoshop etc on these types of pictures it gives me a good

What do they actually think they can show from a camera phone image

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

Great post, ive tried my best to extract anything from the images but i cant. The colour radiates from the center which is obvious. I have no idea what it is and by on of the picture i can see it is moving at high speed which warps the centre of the object into almost a bullet shape.

best i could make of it.

once again good image s&f

Please explain what YOU think you can do with this image I am really interested to hear.

As you didn't seem to have a clue re these images on another thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
I would do that but I don't have a pc or laptop, I only have a phone and a tablet, do you know any other way to find the exposure?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I would do that but I don't have a pc or laptop, I only have a phone and a tablet, do you know any other way to find the exposure?

You should be able to see the exposure details on the tablet what do you have

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Its a nexus 7

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Its a nexus 7

Download a free exif viewer from google play.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Exposure time =1/17

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Exposure time =1/17

Fine what about iso focal length aperture etc also do you any other pictures of it taken around the same time

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I don't have any other pics from around the same time, just the ones I've uploaded, I'll get the rest of the details for you in a min, just on my way to work

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Iso =2000
Focal length =4.8mm
Aperture+2.27
White balance = auto
Flash = off

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

... I was in Hugglescote just outside Coalville in leicestershire in the UK, it was in the sky for maybe 15 seconds before I lost view of it, as for direction I'm not sure, it was going from my left to right as I was looking at it, I can't remember seeing any stars so it must have been cloudy, and if that's the case it would mean the ball would have been under the clouds

In the UK around November 5th people with money to burn lanch firework rockets ... en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany
If your implying it was a firework, i assure you it wasn't, I've been to firework displays for 30 years so know the difference

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: engvbanyIf your implying it was a firework, i assure you it wasn't, I've been to firework displays for 30 years so know the difference

OK then, what about an extraterestrial "fireball" meteor ,
this sort of thing ... www.bbc.co.uk... [ available in orange ]
edit on 4-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join