It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Rage Cop Pulls Gun On Former Senator For Honking At Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Steroids anyone? police really should be regularly tested for illegal substances given that they have access to them on a frequent basis and incidents such as this point to something as an aggravating factor. Steroid use has long been a problem and nothing has been done about it.

Good point! Use of Oxygen should be monitored in some cases as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Doesn't the good Senators car have an E on the plate (for exempt) denoting official status? Do they still do that? If the cop is that reactionary not to check then he is a danger to everyone.

But the senator won't do squat either. They defend that Exempt-ness , not prosecute it.

Officilaly Exempt

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The charges will be dropped or changed to something minor, because of his "Years of devoted service to the community", and he'll probably be sentenced to anger management therapy, community service, then a desk job for a little while, then right back on the street.
Unless he had actually shot the ex Senator, they'll find a way to excuse his behavior.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What a bunch of #it!
This exact thing happens every single day to countless people often times it's even much worse.
Many of them report it, bitch about it, make videos etc... and almost always nothing is ever done.

But whoa! When it happens to someone who "apparently" matters more than the average citizen now it's a problem and something is done and done quickly.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's a damn shame that it takes an "elite" individual to be exposed to this type of abuse before any action is taken against an officer of law for abusing his power.

What about the every day Joe that is exposed to it with out ever getting retribution?

These thugs shoot family members and pets under the protection of saying " I felt threatened for my life"

Yet, when a high profile individual is exposed to such treatment on a much lesser scale, I'll be damned if the officer isn't charged.

Personally, I'm glad we might have one less thug on the streets thanks to this altercation.

I hope he enjoys his new job as a low level security guard. ( No offense intended towards security guards whatsoever)
edit on 1-11-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am pretty sure someone here can post something that defends and explains the legality of Officer Sweet's actions.

certainly....officer sweet was scared for his life by the intimidating sound of the horn...the former senator was honking in a threatening manner and for the safety of the general public and himself the threat needed to be taken seriously... the solution was draw his weapon and diffuse the situation before it got out of control.....

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: onequestion

The Senator is suggesting more counseling and training for LEO's. I would suggest drug testing for steroid use.

I'm sorry, this has been banned by police unions. Move along.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I am pretty sure someone here can post something that defends and explains the legality of Officer Sweet's actions.

Why, that's easy. When the "former Senator" honked his horn at the Fine Officer®, he caused ripples of air called sound waves to race from his horn to the officer, STRIKING HIM. This is criminal assault, obviously.

Also, we all know that honking your horn is really just a substitute for cursing in such a situation, and cursing at an officer is a threat that must immediately be dealt with by seizing control of the situation. In this case, the Fine Officer® HAD to immediately respond by gaining control of the ugly situation, putting the underling in his proper place before the situation can get out of control, possibly resulting in The Officer Not Going Home At the End Of His Shift™ So, of course the brave hero was totally in the right to get the miscreant "Senator" under proper control and order before proceeding on his important mission. After all, the "Senator" wasn't hurt, so why is this still a problem?

The sound was also a disturbance of the peace. Disturbing the peace is a misdemeanor, one which the officer is totally in the right to deal with, and by any means he deems necessary. Since there were two criminal violators in the vehicle, it is right and proper to escalate up the "rainbow of persuasion" to the level the officer decides is proper. How dare you question his choice of response? No point of view is valid except what the officer thought at the time. Anything else is "Monday morning quarterbacking".

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Just what has been banned? The use of steroids or the testing of?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Why, that's easy. When the "former Senator" honked his horn at the Fine Officer®, he caused ripples of air called sound waves to race from his horn to the officer, STRIKING HIM. This is criminal assault, obviously.

Also, we all know that honking your horn is really just a substitute for cursing in such a situation, and cursing at an officer is a threat that must immediately be dealt with by seizing control of the situation. In this case, the Fine Officer® HAD to immediately respond by gaining control of the ugly situation, putting the underling in his proper place before the situation can get out of control, possibly resulting in The Officer Not Going Home At the End Of His Shift™ So, of course the brave hero was totally in the right to get the miscreant "Senator" under proper control and order before proceeding on his important mission. After all, the "Senator" wasn't hurt, so why is this still a problem?

The sound was also a disturbance of the peace. Disturbing the peace is a misdemeanor, one which the officer is totally in the right to deal with, and by any means he deems necessary. Since there were two criminal violators in the vehicle, it is right and proper to escalate up the "rainbow of persuasion" to the level the officer decides is proper. How dare you question his choice of response? No point of view is valid except what the officer thought at the time. Anything else is "Monday morning quarterbacking".

Lol

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Now, the situation as a whole is sort of like what I'd like to happen in real life.

A cadre of Federal officials, non-police, who have the power to de-certify cops on the spot and prosecute them at a Federal level for this sort of behavior.

Ones who cruise the streets in randomly selected cities, and when they encounter the less sane officers, like this one, pull their certs on the spot and send them to the sidelines. Or, if they're manhandled, can immediately levy a "assault on a Federal officer then in performance of his duty" federal felony charge that's tried out of the local court system, and jug the cop. Maybe have them wander around with cameras, recording cops, and when the cops jump them, bang, there goes your cert and you get a nice "obstructing a Federal officer" and maybe "attempt to destroy evidence" charge in Federal court.

You'd be a lot less likely to act the jackass if the guy you're "tuning up" might turn out to be a fed.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Bedlam

Just what has been banned? The use of steroids or the testing of?

It's the thing the last year or two that when new contracts come up, the police unions negotiate a clause that prevents the city from testing them for steroids.

That the city agrees is amazing to me, considering the use of steroids is a felony. Preventing this sort of test seems to be an admission that the use of steroids by their officers is out of control.

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Fire them and move on. If we dont start to make an example of these people they will rot it all.

Guys are criminals. Not a cops.

edit on 11 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   
double....
edit on 11 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I'm not equating all as one. But when 'honest' men in the force don't work to remove these bad ones, it doesn't look good for the whole lot. Almost all we ever see is defense of the questionable actions.

I long for the day that you see cops' buddies going "Holy #, what the # did you just do, Leon? Ok, that's it, you're under arrest" slug 'em one with a PR24, chuck their buddy in the squad in cuffs, haul them in, and testify against them in court despite what the union steward is telling them. And the other cops cheering them on.

But then, I dream a lot.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
That is Karma. Go ahead and be a dick, the universe will sort it out.

I don't see this as a catalyst for political discussion though.

As long as that universe doesn't include the United States. This is the place where you are rewarded for being a dick. Just ask Charlie Sheen, or Kanye West, oh or Barack Obama? John McCain?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
What a bunch of #it!
This exact thing happens every single day to countless people often times it's even much worse.
Many of them report it, bitch about it, make videos etc... and almost always nothing is ever done.

But whoa! When it happens to someone who "apparently" matters more than the average citizen now it's a problem and something is done and done quickly.

I was reading through the thread and hoping someone would touch on this. When was the last time an officer was arrested immediately after an abuse of a civilian? It hardly ever happens, if ever. Heck, most the time they are never arrested and all is forgotten except by the victim and their families. The only reason an arrest was made here is because of who the officer's target was. And while I'm happy to hear the officer was indeed arrested and charged, I can't help but be jaded about the whole situation. I just wish the system worked for everyone and not just for the protected class.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah, have to admit that bit of cynicism cropped up in me as well. Let's hope that isn't the case though then that makes it worse at the same time as then it's a former elected official getting deferential treatment in comparison to an average citizen...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Surely a cop killing a politician is a good thing?

Better result is both killing each other

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Soooo yeah I am kind of...not sure how I feel anymore

I mean I've always been pro cop and to a point I still think that the percentage of bad cops versus good ones are probably ridiculously small...but still relevant

But this so reminded me of Chicago in 2012. Summer day. I am on Wells going home from school. I am meaning to go straight and the car (an unmarked unit) is ahead of me, red light. In the intersection is a truck delivering papers. Our light turns green. The unmarked wants to turn left but in the middle of the intersection, he stops fully to laugh and joke with the delivery guy. Not realizing who it was, I gave him a Chicago greeting and honked because at this point, I am now stuck in the middle and can't go straight, meanwhile three cars are getting pissed behind me.

This dude damn near tears the door off the car and walks in a huff up to me. Now of course the second he gets out I see the gun, hanging badge and such. He marches up to me and I roll down my window

He is FUMING mad and proceeds to tell me How dare you honk at me! I am an Officer of the law!

Now I am all "I'm sorry I didn't know"

He rants about how he could ticket me or bring me in

Bring me in? Is that a misdemeanoer now???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join