It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Rage Cop Pulls Gun On Former Senator For Honking At Him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
source

An Arizona police officer pulled a gun on the wrong person in a case of road rage. A former Arizona state senator has come forward, stating that a police officer threatened to kill him for doing nothing more than honking at an unmarked van that was about to cause a traffic accident.

Well... I'm glad that finally, this issue is being observed by members of Congress. Can they still continue to ignore the growing problem of out of control cops in the US?

Watch.. Now well here about this discussion in the national conversation.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That is Karma. Go ahead and be a dick, the universe will sort it out.

I don't see this as a catalyst for political discussion though.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Karma for what? So you don't think this senator is going to see a problem with this action and do something about it?

Wow...
edit on 11/1/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Are you always this confrontational? I'm agreeing with you. If this tool just whips out a gun he's probably done it before and got away with it. KARMA brought this to light and he's going to pay. Does THAT make sense?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
From the OP's source....

Sweet then yelled at them “be careful who you honk at the next time,” before driving off.

HAHAHA...talk about irony....smh

Too many "officers of the law" these days are out of control. Hopefully this will bring some awareness to the problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes and thank god. I am confrontational, but I was perplexed. The problem is I'm used to people responding with complete nonsense I typically assume the worst. Bad habit I know.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am pretty sure someone here can post something that defends and explains the legality of Officer Sweet's actions.

As much as I would like to think this is one of those incidents that starts a change, I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Now we just need this to happen to a few hundred more and maybe, MAYBE there'll be some changes. Hope so!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I am pretty sure someone here can post something that defends and explains the legality of Officer Sweet's actions.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of LEO's here but wrong, stupid, idiotic, moronic, whatever you want, can't be accepted.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Now we just need this to happen to a few hundred more and maybe, MAYBE there'll be some changes. Hope so!

Maybe he secretly loved it and new their plan has been working?

Lol
edit on 11/1/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Alternate source: www.azcentral.com...

Interestingly enough, the officer was arrested and booked on aggravated assault. I can't recall if, in prior incidents, that was so quick an outcome or not. I'm thinking "no" but maybe somebody remembers a similar case that had a similar hasty outcome that didn't involve a former member of Congress?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I'm one of the biggest supporters of LEO's here but wrong, stupid, idiotic, moronic, whatever you want, can't be accepted.

As long as the police stick to violating the rights of average people they are in the clear. This has been proven over the last decade.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

As long as the police stick to violating the rights of average people they are in the clear. This has been proven over the last decade.

As long as people live in absolutism nothing constructive will come about. That's historical fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh, OK, People rights are a sometimes thing. Makes sense now.

I doubt this man will get much of a punishment anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I haven't defended this tool in any manner. What I'm saying is that if you equate all with one, ABSOLUTISM, it is not constructive. If one looks at a black person and goes, "Err", that's racism. Even if it stays inside their head. If one looks at a cop and goes, "Err", it's pretty much the same "type" of hate. Blind absolutism. It isn't healthy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The Senator is suggesting more counseling and training for LEO's. I would suggest drug testing for steroid use.

Abuse of anabolic steroids may lead to aggression and other psychiatric problems, for example. Although many users report feeling good about themselves while on steroids, extreme mood swings can also occur, including manic-like symptoms and anger (“roid rage”) that may lead to violence. Researchers have also observed that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.

www.drugabuse.gov...

From Boston to Arizona, police departments are investigating a growing number of incidents involving uniformed police officers using steroids. So-called "juicing" has been anecdotally associated with several brutality cases, including the 1997 sodomizing of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima in New York City.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm not equating all as one. But when 'honest' men in the force don't work to remove these bad ones, it doesn't look good for the whole lot. Almost all we ever see is defense of the questionable actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Never so stupid. Must say I had to laugh at the Senator, or former Senator asking for a programme for all the department..he has a sense of humour, and I must say a bit of grit too.
BTW, I thought there is a need to look directly at the mugshot camera in the front view..

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Alternate source: www.azcentral.com...

Interestingly enough, the officer was arrested and booked on aggravated assault. I can't recall if, in prior incidents, that was so quick an outcome or not. I'm thinking "no" but maybe somebody remembers a similar case that had a similar hasty outcome that didn't involve a former member of Congress?

I would say, 0.0000111 to infinity

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Steroids anyone? police really should be regularly tested for illegal substances given that they have access to them on a frequent basis and incidents such as this point to something as an aggravating factor. Steroid use has long been a problem and nothing has been done about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join