It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: would you support human-made life on mars???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
AMUK...

that is a very cool idea (using comets to make a green house affect)...

i have never heard of it before...

great thinking...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
ok...

23 for yes and 3 for no ...

i am happy with these results so far...

keep voting!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Human life on Mars is innevitable (sp?)...So, as long as we are going there someday, I'm all for it!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Human life on Mars is innevitable (sp?)...So, as long as we are going there someday, I'm all for it!

YES

yet another vote for yes...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by mpeake

YES

yet another vote for yes...

So... I think this sums it all up. We should start fueling up the ship and get ready to launch! Can I be captain?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes. Altho i'd rather stay here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

AMUK...

I cant take the credit its from a book by Marshal Savage, Its mentioned earlier in the thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

AMUK...

I cant take the credit its from a book by Marshal Savage, Its mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've also seen this on other sites on 'the internets'. The problem would be vectoring a ball of ice screaming through space at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour. It would take thousand-hundred of thousands of years to use Ion engines to change its course and I�m afraid we as a race only have the better part of a century to start taking action. We need a quick fix weather that be to halfway destroy it with nukes or a more environmentally friendly approach such as using giant orbital and surface mounted mirrors to reflect and deflect heat...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And the sooner we get started the better. True there are many obstacles to overcome, but with a can do attitude it will be done.

Just sitting around talking about it won't help. We need to start now.

Besides the question of Martian lifeforms is the question about who will own Mars now. That could be a real bummer given our behavior on this planet.

Go!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mars had its chance and because of fate if you like it blew it. Im sorry to say even if mars had till the end of time it will only get worse for life that may be there not better . mars louses its air to space seppege and in another million years or so will have just a noch more air then the moon.
and farther more if there is a few bactirea holding on to the edge there even they will go extinct in time.
so If there was any chance of life devloping to a higher leavel on its own I would say no . but in this case we would be taking a diening planet and extending its life . Ps notice i say extanding thats because even if we created air and droped a few hundred comets on it for water it would still be a stop gap messer as mars isnot big enough to retain air over time.
The best we could do is give it an extra million years or so in the end without use to replenish the planet it will die .
ps tarforming mars isent the way to go regurdless a much better candate for this would be venus as its the right size . Hers my plan Im haning down to my kids so they can hand it down to theres untill man has the tek to do this.
how to teraform venus. first pick out a copple good size dead moons No air water just dead rock then pushing the moons upto speed have them come in close proxsimity to venus the trick is to impart some of the energy of the moons mass and speed into venus wile venus uses the moon as a heat sink energy will be transfered from venus to moon and from moon to venus .
the desired result will be speeding up venus spin wile transfering the planets excess heat to the moon . Now you do this probly 5 times minum speeding up venus to a more normal (for us ) day cycle. wile it tranfers its excess heat to these passing moons . in the end you alow it to capter one moon giveing it the nessery tidel . and now its spinning faster the heaver iron migrates to the center just like earth and creats a magnatic feald just like earth.
now its just a matter of seeding the planet with algy to convert the co2 into oxgen and traping the rest in plant matter .If the planet has enough hydron then oceans will form as well if not then a few 100 comets will do the trick nicly. And wala in a few 100 years its ready to move into with trees and all the normal life of earth alread in place.
of corse this is just a out line of what could be done given the time and tek there would be much much more to figer out that im not aware of nore anyone alive now is aware of .But possible? yes in my oppion theres no impossible .

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Mars had its chance and because of fate if you like it blew it. Im sorry to say even if mars had till the end of time it will only get worse for life that may be there not better . mars louses its air to space seppege and in another million years or so will have just a noch more air then the moon.
and farther more if there is a few bactirea holding on to the edge there even they will go extinct in time.
so If there was any chance of life devloping to a higher leavel on its own I would say no . but in this case we would be taking a diening planet and extending its life . Ps notice i say extanding thats because even if we created air and droped a few hundred comets on it for water it would still be a stop gap messer as mars isnot big enough to retain air over time.
The best we could do is give it an extra million years or so in the end without use to replenish the planet it will die .
ps tarforming mars isent the way to go regurdless a much better candate for this would be venus as its the right size . Hers my plan Im haning down to my kids so they can hand it down to theres untill man has the tek to do this.
how to teraform venus. first pick out a copple good size dead moons No air water just dead rock then pushing the moons upto speed have them come in close proxsimity to venus the trick is to impart some of the energy of the moons mass and speed into venus wile venus uses the moon as a heat sink energy will be transfered from venus to moon and from moon to venus .
the desired result will be speeding up venus spin wile transfering the planets excess heat to the moon . Now you do this probly 5 times minum speeding up venus to a more normal (for us ) day cycle. wile it tranfers its excess heat to these passing moons . in the end you alow it to capter one moon giveing it the nessery tidel . and now its spinning faster the heaver iron migrates to the center just like earth and creats a magnatic feald just like earth.
now its just a matter of seeding the planet with algy to convert the co2 into oxgen and traping the rest in plant matter .If the planet has enough hydron then oceans will form as well if not then a few 100 comets will do the trick nicly. And wala in a few 100 years its ready to move into with trees and all the normal life of earth alread in place.
of corse this is just a out line of what could be done given the time and tek there would be much much more to figer out that im not aware of nore anyone alive now is aware of .But possible? yes in my oppion theres no impossible .

are you shure slamming moons into venus will not throw venus off course???

i am not an expert but your plan seems impossible...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Exactly! Mars lifeforms had it's time to evolve and if there are any left (there are traces of methane) then it is only a matter of time before they are lost.

If we make the first steps in space exploration soon then in a million years this solar system will most likely be LONG forgotten to humanity.

Sounds like a great plan if it was slightly modified. Also, the moons you use can be inhabited and mined for supplies so most if not all materials would be available on site. The problem would be moving the moons... How? How would we steal a moon from a planets gravitational force? How long would it take? Would it be more fruitful to divert those funds to interstellar high speed ship research?

And who said a base/city on Mars requires a suitable environment?
Most likely it will turn out like so until we slow down our space expansion and have some time to actually sit down and Terri form. Say we developed extremely fast interstellar ships, we probably will find enough planets that are almost habitable and only require a little tuning to sustain life. That planet would look way more attractive then a planet that would take a few decades or longer to terraform. So, you never know. We may not be terraforming too much.
I personally thin it's going to turn out like below for a while until we get enough people to settle and are willing to actually take the time and 'release their can of microbes' onto the Martian environment.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
very good chris...

i really liked the pics

BUT i think we should expand to PLANETS not MOONS...

the first man on the moon BIG DEAL...

the first man on another planet, SEE???

the moon IS valuable for OTHER supplies BUT lets get to mars, my favorite planet

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

the moon IS valuable for OTHER supplies BUT lets get to mars, my favorite planet

Most likely that is what is going to happen. We will set up shop on the Moon and taxpayers will want more so soon after we will shoot for Mars and beyond. Kinda like Bush's (dieing?) space expansion plan.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
we should "use" the moon in order to "get" things and we can live there while in the process of doing this...

we should expand to mars in order to expand. we can also get information from mars too...

see???

there is a difference...

thats just my plan...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
thus far:

26 for yes and 3 for no ...

this thread has gotten 860+ views and i am happy that you guys n' gals gave your time...

thank you...

anyone else wanna' vote???

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
YES!

But only after research proving we will not be destrying other life forms we have yet to find.

Who knows, Maybe a group of ancient beings came here and developed the earth in just the same way that we are thinking we can develop mars so that humans can live there without space suits?

I, as well, think that devloping mars is far from a clean slate.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
YES!

But only after research proving we will not be destrying other life forms we have yet to find.

Who knows, Maybe a group of ancient beings came here and developed the earth in just the same way that we are thinking we can develop mars so that humans can live there without space suits?

I, as well, think that devloping mars is far from a clean slate.

cool theory...

and yet another vote for yes

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I vote yes! And keep the thread open and going. I haven�t seen one this interesting in months.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisRT
I vote yes! And keep the thread open and going. I haven�t seen one this interesting in months.

thanks for the niiice comment

this thread will be open until the mods sing...

HEY!!!

didn't you vote already

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join