It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: would you support human-made life on mars???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
wow this thread has grown since the last time i have visited...

i will update the "score" tomorow and we can get this thread out to more people

time to *bump* this thread...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
40 for yes and 4 for no ...

these results are very good and i am happy for the "score"

thus far, this thread has 121 replies and about 1896 views ...

thank you again...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This thread was also paralleled on Fragile Earth..

Osiris

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by otlg27
This thread was also paralleled on Fragile Earth..

Osiris

did...

so, what say you about my question???

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
did...

so, what say you about my question???

Well in that thread I've been discussing how we could do it, so I guess I'm for it, more from the standpoint of wanting to see if we can succeed at it than anything else.

Osiris

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Is it too late?

My vote : Yes!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Is it too late?

My vote : Yes!

its never too late

that is 2 more votes for "yes"

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
yes, as long as we first make absolutely sure that there is no indigenous life there. we definitely need to expand off of this planet, but not at the expense of destroying life elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
YES!

But only after research proving we will not be destrying other life forms we have yet to find.

Who knows, Maybe a group of ancient beings came here and developed the earth in just the same way that we are thinking we can develop mars so that humans can live there without space suits?

I, as well, think that devloping mars is far from a clean slate.

if this is true, there must've been a good reason why they left mars for earth....if they had the technology to colonize Earth, they probably could've saved mars don't ya'll think....I still vote yes though

apc

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes.

Not only would we have already found any evidence for life by the time we were capable of terraforming, but any new life the sprung up unexpectedly would most likely be readily differentiated from Earthly life. Little green men are hard to miss.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes

We must live on many earthlike planets in order for our species to survive for 1000's or millions more years and terriforming mars for us to live on is the perfect place to start. I think it's a big possibility that if humans aren't living on another earthlike planet in 300 years that humans will be extinc primarily because of global warming and disease. Sure, maybe humans will be able to prevent everything from wiping us out but 300 years is too long of a time to successfully prevent it all from destroying us and including how the world and earths civilization is now I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
No.

I would not support creation of artificial life to terraform Mars. I think we should work at doing it naturally. A whole genetically modified ecosystem designed for Mars would invite problems in the long run, and may not be stable, imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
I was going to start a new thread with this question, but there is no need. I'll post it here and try to keep this one alive:

What will win: Christianity or curiousity?

It is a serious question. I asked a good friend about his thoughts on the matter and his answer was basically, "If life were meant to live there, God would have put it there." He also thinks that there is no other sentient life anywhere in the universe, and disagrees adamantly about humans leaving the planet Earth. Sadly, his views are shared by many. Why is it so hard to believe that we will one day colonise Mars and other planets or moons, and one day find out that, indeed, we are not alone? Does any one else agree that we should not explore the final frontier?

Yea that is what religious people do. They decide what god thinks is best regardless if it was in the bible or not. God gave us the brain and capacity to do lots of things therfore we should do everything we can possibly do with our God Given brain power.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yes, but only as a unified project. The last thing we want is Mars becoming divided like Earth. As brilliant as we are as a species we are so ef'd up as a whole.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Yes. However,I believe we are already there and have been for decades. And there are already people there.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
YES YES YES

It is inevitable.... if you believe in the theory of evolution then its survival of the fittest and earth looks a lot fitter than mars at this moment ..

when we do finally break the shackles of this solar system ..run i shout to all intelligent life forms ..RUN!!! because the real monsters are comming .. the human race...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm all for terraforming the moon and Mars, the sooner the better I say!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yes.

i would support it with all above concerns, statements said.
to me, anything that could jostle the general perspective of society to look at the bigger picture is only but a good thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
YES

I would support human made life on Mars ONLY after they had made sure there is no life there now, as you said.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i can't believe this thread has been brought back to life

thanks all for your answers!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join