It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm proud to be white....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

/yawn...

People who are proud of such things (regardless which race, sex, sexuality, etc), in my experience, generally tend to be extremely boring individuals, with little accomplishment of their own to speak of (hence the over compensation of boasting their pride in things they put zero effort into attaining.)

I'm male, straight, white...So what? I'm not proud, nor am I ashamed. I didn't have to put it an ounce of effort for any of those things. They're just descriptors, not accomplishments.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
George Carlin immediately comes to mind. Warning - Profanity

edit on 31-10-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just wondering.Quick check and (white people ) at most make up 20% of the worlds population . Being male drops that to 10% , take out gay people (9.7%).My god ,i am a minority and i don't want to be downtrodden . Just kidding ,i really don't give a rats glass .

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I Am simply a human being not defined by societal labels (or try not to succumb to being a slave to such ideals). I, however, had no choice in matters such as race and sexual preference....

I was born a heterosexual green eyed tanned skinned male and will die one despite all my choices I have and will make in life.

Therefore, I take pride in my choices I have made in my life thus far (still young trying to figure stuff out) and the path I have carved out for myself. I Am proud of creating a life where I no longer need to daily commute. I Am proud to be free in many ways.

There is only one race -- the Human race.

I Am proud of that...despite my lack of choosing.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Being proud of something you did not personally accomplish or choose to do, for example, being white, is completely ridiculous. You should be proud of a personal achievement you made in life, and happy to be white.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Your are correct about the ways others are allowed to show their pride, and that is fine with me.I don't need those things, ...It does bring up the issue of equality though. A white pride parade exists....but I believe that is the KKK. Straight parade...that would be a hate March. Again, I'm not suggesting these things exist, but if groups of people keep having these things that the other side doesn't feel is "parade worthy" it just adds to the imbalance.

Up is down and down is up?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Yup, I said it. I can be proud of my race right? I'm also going to say I'm proud to be male. Am I ruffling any feathers yet? How about I am most proud of being straight? I said it, I mean it. I assume there will be non whites, females and homosexuals reading this....can I still say these things? It is a rant so I have more to this story, some of you may have already figured it out but I will let this simmer for awhile before I explain.
If any of this makes you angry, GOOD. Vent it and I will continue with the story soon.

more to the story?

Excuse me if I dont hang around.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Morgan freeman is right ,also very cool .

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
the issue of race, however distasteful to some is an issue none the less. Race is indeed a term used to describe a persons attributes, be they physical or behavioral. As a general physical description the term works just fine, its only when applied to behavior or attitudes.

I'm a white male American and i am proud of it. Yes, those are all attributes that I had no control over, but i did not have control of my level of intelligence, my height or my mildly good looks either and i am proud of them also. There is nothing wrong with being proud of what you are,the problem comes, as many have already said when that leads to superiority.

we all know the PC term for every common race of people, we also all know the non-PC names as well. Each of these names has a particular and unique stereotype that goes along with it, sometimes these are accurate although distasteful names. That's not to say that every member of each race is those non-PC names, far from it but there are the minority that those terms are an apt description.

As each and every one of us is unique its only natural for people to celebrate those factors that make us one of a kind, but the thing that we should be doing with all of the diversity the world has to offer, is to celebrate the things that make us the same, the things that unite us not divide. We are all stuck on this rock together, its about time we learned to be different, yet one.

i once read a great Q&A, one of the questions and answers went something like this,
Q-What do you think that it means to be Human? Can you describe the Human Experience?
A-What sets us apart from every other animal that we know of is our ability for higher thinking. The ability to set goals and work toward them to accomplish that goal. The human experience is the experience of striving to be better then we are,

to me that really makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Did not talking about it stop Jim Crow? Did staying quiet give women the right to vote? Did keeping your mouth shut give gays the right to marry?

I like Morgan Freeman but he's much like Cosby, be sold out. Keeping quiet has never solved any problem. Since when has doing nothing ever lead to change?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

What sets us apart ,well apart from an opposing thumb is we are aware of our own mortality .

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm proud of my lineage, which happens to be white , Scottish, to be precise. Direct decedent of Sir William Wallace, and also a now ruined castle in Scotland named after my last name.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

What there is a castle called WP4YT . Sorry it was there it had to be said

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

And you're proud of that? No notable accomplishments of your own? That's a fun fact not a point of pride. I have a castle in Europe with my name on it too. I don't own it though

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
People are 'proud' of being black or being gay and so on, so if you want to be proud of being white then go right ahead.

However, I should say that I don't understand people being proud of something they have no control over. No one chooses to be gay and no one chooses the color of their skin so I don't understand being proud of them.

I understand being proud of self accomplishments like when an alcoholic stays sober for a certain length of time, or when someone who has a disability rises above it, or when someone manages to forgive another person who has grievously harmed them. I understand being proud of those kinds of things. I don't understand 'black pride' or 'white pride' or that kind of thing. But like I said, if you want to be proud of being white then go right ahead. You have every right to be so if you wish.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Disliking behavior is not racism even when that behavior is attached to whatever race. I don't see a person and instantly dislike them because of their color or race. This is true for the vast majority anywhere, but that doesn't work when trying to push agendas. Disliking anyone doesn't negate tolerance, it just means you don't like some things. But by all means, let's point to a handful of extremes and hold them up as the norm for everyone.

I don't see humanity outgrowing tribalism anytime soon and as long as people refuse to think intelligently and consider all sides, not just the supposed victims, many will continue to be manipulated through the media/govt machine by this nonsense.

Stating your "pride" publicly seems more an act of defiance towards those you feel are attacking you for whatever reason. Seems many people here don't get that.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Paschar0 because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Good I'm white, male, straight, and FING PROUD OF IT. ANDDDD.........I'm glad you don't like it.......Bet you don't like this either....I'm self sufficient, have plenty of food stored, guns ,ammo, and could do just fine without any help from any or everyone. I have a 3 acre fully stocked lake. tools, trucks, tractors, and last but not least PLENTY OF GOLD AND SILVER . Why don't you like it??????? I'm waiting for a response.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm proud to be Human.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Even though it took you a while (3 or 4 pages in) to clarify your point, I get why you did it. I think a lot of posters should probably go back and read ALL of your posts, to understand.

Because in this day and age, you are correct. We would be in a much better place, if we learned to be proud of ourselves, because we are genuinely good people and care about others. Regardless of all the other reasons you mentioned.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You're clearly angry (and hateful?) about how other people feel about themselves... Why do you care? I'd say that's none of your business how others feel about themselves. If you want to be proud of your attributes, go right on. It's none of my business and I don't give a crap how you feel about yourself and don't understand getting angry because someone else is proud of themselves...

But it's your life.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join