It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm proud to be white....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

Not angry. Don't care actually. But it seems weird to be proud of those three things since you didn't have a choice in them or had to do anything to earn them. That goes the same for anyone else as well.

Usually to be proud of something you have to earn it. I can understand feeling Lucky or Grateful or Happy to be those things, but proud seems like the wrong word to use IMO.

I don't think there really is such a thing as Gay Pride, Black Pride, etc. Not for just those traits alone.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

He expected certain results and certain results he got. If only it shows how many will advocate pride for some but refuse to allow it to others.

Last time I checked atrocities are committed by all races, be it murder, slavery, or theft. We should be allowed to be proud of who/what we are without being denigrated for it.

I'm leaving this thread not because I "can't stick it out" or whatever will be thought of but simply because the double standards in this society are alive and well in this thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm proud to be a half way decent person... and my skin color, something I am NOT in control of, really doesn't much matter.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well...

To be fair, I think its ridiculous to have pride in anything you had no contribution in making, such as being born black or white. Its pointless, all you did to be white or black or whatever was be born... and that's stupid. Its like if I said "I'm proud to have toenails."

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I imagine this isn't going the way you expected. No one has given the proper response yet? I was kinda expecting some twist in the story. That was quite the provocative thread title, and really nobody bit. So come with the big reveal already. People are getting bored.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes interesting point . 45 replies and nobody has really fired up in response .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Sexual orientation is a personal choice, so Ill give you that.

You chose the gender(s) you're attracted to? Neat trick.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yea. I think he came in to kick the bee hive and get every one riled up.

I'm proud to be a member of the best site on the internet.

a reply to: hutch622

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Those 'other' groups that claim pride... it's not so much about pride as it is rejecting shame.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Good for you I guess.

I never understood all these gay pride, white pride, brown pride etc....

I'd rather be proud of my own accomplishments, you know...things that I accomplished as a result of my hard work. You had nothing to do with your skin color.

Do you also feel proud when you find a quarter or a dollar on the sidewalk?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well the nest has been kicked ands no one has been bitten . Way to show restraint ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Yes interesting point . 45 replies and nobody has really fired up in response .

That's because the thread is in the wrong forum, AKA 'rant' instead of general, 'Chit chat' or 'Aliens' or NLBS....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
This is one of the things I don't get.

Whats there to be proud of having a certain color of skin? It doesn't make sense to me. If a woman told me she was proud of being brunette I wouldn't get it either.

I associate proudness with the things we had control of. An example is "I'm proud of winning the championship". If something was hard but you made it then you would feel proud of yourself.

But when you were born white/black/blue, what's there to be proud of? What other people did that had a similar skin color?

Maybe you mean you feel grateful for being white for whatever reason, but proud for something you have never accomplished?

You are correct. Where I perfer to put my penis, how much pigment is in my skin or what kind of external plumbing really isn't something to announce as a pride.....it's not bumber sticker worthy. It actually might piss some people off....I find it very annoying personally. To be continued...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sexual orientation is a personal choice, so Ill give you that.

You chose the gender(s) you're attracted to? Neat trick.

Indeed, I do. I call it resisting temptation. When you master it, you become more disciplined. The only way to naturally reproduce is heterosexually, that should make the issue clear.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, what if you have no interest in reproduction?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wait... So you resist your homosexual urges? Why would you do that?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If he would of added Fundemental Christian...

This thread would be 40 pages.

HA!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Most clever opening post ever... hands down.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Bone75 because: Oops

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You want to ruffle feathers and piss people off but I don't think you'll succeed unless you go to the extreme that any of of those things you are proud to be are superior to anything that isn't.

Non-white, non-straight, non-male people don't have issues with white, straight, men... we have issues with those that think and act upon that thinking, that they're better or have more rights than the rest of us.

Can you turn your insecurities down a few decibels or is your intention to deafen us?

I in no way mean anything by this but when you say we (iam just going opposite to what he said) are you a black lesbien?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Seems to me the only thing you're resisting is love. But it's your life and I hope you don't expect others to live by the rules you set for yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join