It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm proud to be white....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Im amazed at the responses here, had this been 30 years ago saying "im proud to be white, straight and male" would be well obvious.
However this simple qoute arouses anger in some and horror in others. Well ladies and gentlemen this is how far the pendulum swings.

How about instead of answering with your predetermined politically correct answers you ask the real question which is to how much further will it be allowed to swing. As some suggest it has to be equal to what they went through before acceptance is given. However the concept of two wrongs dont make a right is lost on them and they are only creating the same circle of hate they themselves became victims too.

Obviously indoctrination has occurred within the white culture where being white straight and male is a topic better left avoided. How do you think this will effect young white males in the future you know the ones who had nothing to do with anything your complaining about?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm proud to still be able to see the laptop screen after 7 Magner ciders

(post by TheAnarchist removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Yup, I said it. I can be proud of my race right? I'm also going to say I'm proud to be male. Am I ruffling any feathers yet? How about I am most proud of being straight? I said it, I mean it. I assume there will be non whites, females and homosexuals reading this....can I still say these things? It is a rant so I have more to this story, some of you may have already figured it out but I will let this simmer for awhile before I explain.
If any of this makes you angry, GOOD. Vent it and I will continue with the story soon.

While I see the liberating aspect of being proud of something that used to be marginalized, it is short-sighted. The leaders of the black community should have been proud of the fact that the majority of white people changed their views about civil rights in the '60s. This is an accomplishment. Being born with a certain color or sexual preference is not.

It is all in the plan of keeping us divided and looking at the world from a "tribal" view point. I'm proud of making good decisions …

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

It needs to be said more. I echo it completely!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Resisting temptation...

Proud not to be a Christian. Left it all behind many years ago.

Sorry couldnt resist the temptation

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am proud to be on ATS...

also proud I have never been abducted by an alien...yuk

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

the choice that determines the level of discipline.

My prayer
"god give me the discipline to choose not to engage christians on ATS"

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyJackjohn

you did not personally accomplish or choose to do, for example, being white, is completely ridiculous

DEFN"
proud
praʊd/
adjective
adjective: proud; comparative adjective: prouder; superlative adjective: proudest

feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.

Note from the above definition..."qualities or possessions"

Yes its ok to be proud of inherent qualities

What is ridiculous is not being allowed to say I'm proud of being white. I havent however ever used that phrase. I can feel for those of black colour that had to fight for equality., but then everything is perspective.

Meh...I mellowed when i read that blacks owned black slaves in America

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

It is PURE random chance you are born with the pigment you have. How on earth can you be proud of random chance

No not random...or are you trying to be ....oh so...intellectual PC. My parents chose to have me. Whats random about that? Go figure

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You can be proud. It's just silly. It's like being proud of your height. You did nothing to earn it.

Once again black/gay/etc pride is a reaction to bring told you are worth less for being black/gay etc.

Last I checked it's incredibly uncommon to be fired from a job for being white. I'd say it never happens but I'm sure someone will find the one time a white got fired from BET or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think OP was just making a point tbh. A good point. A point that most have made: It doesn't matter. Why get upset about anything superficial like that?

We're human, end of. That is what counts. Strip away our skin and we all look the same. It all matters if we are good caring folk or selfish evil folk.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well HI there proud White Man. I'm a Proud Black Male! Yeah, yeah, I know you are expecting the usual spiel about slavery and whatnot but guess what!?!? I don't even care about that stuff. I'm more into the Golden Rule and trying to get MJ legalized. So, Mr. Proud White Man can you help out and try to get it legalized. It's only right. Do, that and I will forget the massive F up by P. Rivers today. My fantasy team is not happy with his performance. But for the things I'm proud of being a Black Man in gun happy America...well I guess being alive is one of them. You have to worry about legal and illegal guns, people getting the wrong idea thinking I'm a threat, people thinking I don't deserve to be where I'm at, or some other lame prejudice you can think of. I think we all need to be proud of ourselves, then we can start making other less positive people angry.
edit on 2-11-2014 by ltheghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

I am only proud of what I have done with the talents I was granted by random chance and the limitations similarly established.
It keeps me from feeling that 'I' have some connection to the things I was not involved in making. I do appreciate what has been done for me by family and society. I do have an obligation to the world to help make things better prior to departure.
I live pretty good.
In turn I have no shame about being a white, straight, relatively prosperous old dude. (far from wealthy but I can make payments on a condo, a car and not starve) Why would I? The only thing I haven't done is die yet which is a result of genes, luck and some small effort.
Anyone who feels pride because they were born to a specific portion of the human tree is an idiot. If you found yourself a babe in Bangladesh/Sri Lanka and having to perform sex acts with, say, a member of the Royal Astronomical Society as a child, tell me where the pride aspect enters.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is not to slander our parents but how can you be so sure that they 'wanted' you. Obviously you were not aborted so some choice is involved. Why are you proud of that fact?
More importantly are your parents proud of what you ARE?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I too am a white straight male, my family came to America as a German Hessian soldier and switched to fight for George Washington, I had 2 ancestors die at Gettysburg PA (Union Side) during the Civil war. My father was a decorated hero in the 3rd Army during WW2 although he wouldn't talk about it.
I am proud of these things, I think everyone should be proud of where they came from and it's time we stop with the one-sided 'political correctness' think about it, we have a Miss Black America contest but could we have a Miss White America contest? We all know the answer! I have family that has married into African Americans and I love them dearly but they agree about what I said how it has become one-sided and they also take heat from their black friends because they (my family) are conservative and think Obama is a terrible president!
edit on 3-11-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Florida bass, sunperch, and channel cat. The bull# is your lack of planning for the coming.......Take your pick.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Kalikiller is for the editors and certain groups from Before its trash. I tried to change the name to NM156, but was told no, so I'm stuck with it. Get over it. I don't hate Californians or kali74 etc etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I have a sheit load of tp too. It will be worth more than gold and silver in some circles. Don't worry about if but when.......good luck to you all.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
You can be proud. It's just silly. It's like being proud of your height. You did nothing to earn it. Once again black/gay/etc pride is a reaction to bring told you are worth less for being black/gay etc.

Check the history books. Every group on the planet has had to deal with slavery and oppression of some kind. Yes, that includes white people. Catholics in the USA had a horrendous time of it. And there was indentured servitude. And there was slavery in Europe.

White people are told by the politically correct crowd that they are all guilty and should feel bad because, 200 years ago, some white people in this country had slaves. White people are told by the politically correct crowd here that they owe a debt to black Americans because of racism that happened 60 or 70 years ago. White people are told they have nothing to be proud of and they should collectively feel guilty about things they had nothing to do with. It's silly.

To the people here who have posted their approval of black people being proud of being black, and homosexual people being proud of being homosexual, but now tell a white person they shouldn't be proud or that' it's crap to be proud, well that's hypocrisy. Either being proud of your skin color works for everyone, or it works for no one. To say white people can't be proud but black people can is nothing more than bigotry and racism.

My opinion is that it's silly to be proud of skin color no matter if you are black or white or brown. It's just skin. But if ANYONE wants to be proud of their skin color, they have that right, no matter what skin color they have.

edit on 3-11-2014 by Jainine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join