It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm proud to be white....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
You're clearly angry (and hateful?) about how other people feel about themselves...

"Clearly'?? What about the opening post says to you that this person is 'clearly' angry and hateful? There is nothing there to support your statement. Actually, your post is the one that sounds rather annoyed because he's proud to be white.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

I'm white and straight. It's obvious that we are NOT all the same as the media tries to have us believe. I'm glad to see someone speak up and say what you did. Such a simple statement received so much backlash says just how brainwashed people are these days.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine
What about the opening post says to you that this person is 'clearly' angry and hateful?

Well, first of all, it's in the RANT section. Secondly, these excerpts from the OP:

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Am I ruffling any feathers yet?
I assume there will be non whites, females and homosexuals reading this....can I still say these things?
If any of this makes you angry, GOOD.

There is nothing there to support your statement. Actually, your post is the one that sounds rather annoyed because he's proud to be white.

Not annoyed or angry at all. I really don't care if he's proud. Just curious why he cares so much about how others feel about themselves...
edit on 11/3/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not all whites were created equally.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SamHill

A simple statement would be "I'm proud to be a law abiding straight white man" or something of that nature. He specifically called out minority groups and asked them to get angry.

I personally can't wait to hear his story. I doubt there's a good one. He's clearly yearning for the good old days where a straight white man could do anything he wanted with no consequences or even thoughts for other people.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now that I've read the entire thread, I see that the OP is (or was) angry about Tim Cook being proud. So, I was right about that.

I personally don't care if people are proud. Minorities (blacks, gay people, women) have a right to be proud of who they are as opposed to being ashamed of who they are, which is what society tells them to be.

If someone claims to be proud to be white, it just makes them sound like a skinhead or racist because there is no history of white people in the US being persecuted like there is of the other groups.

But if that's the way the OP feels and wants to let people know, it's fine with me.

originally posted by: tavi45
I personally can't wait to hear his story.

He already did. It was a rant against Tim Cook being proud and coming out, and he's pissed because he thinks the minorities have all the rights... Blah, blah, blah... Here's the post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh I missed that. I was right though. How ridiculous. Bigotry never seems to end.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Don't be so daft .. that is like saying you are proud to have brown hair or red hair.
Be proud of your achievements , your character , your contributions ... but not your body type ...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The truly insane thing about your post op, is just 10 years ago i would have laughed however now, your thoughts are no joking matter. I think in about a hundred years from now our great grand children will read in their text books about this exact time and ask their teachers if we had nothing better to do but worry, divide, and segregate each and every facade of our lives. And hopsfully their wont be any msm,mainstream media telling people what and how they should feel.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

If we survive a hundred years. Many people seem dead set on making sure we don't. We are living in perhaps the must important time since the world wars.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: thesaneone

Troll thread. I'm done with it.

Enjoy the feast of stupidity.

So your contribution to this thread has been to:

1-Call people trolls.

2-Say "GFY" (go f*ck yourself)

3-And label the discussion "stupidity"

Fantastic.
Did I miss anything else ???

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I mean this is a troll thread. There was nothing constructive about it except the people putting it down for the bigotry it obviously was.

I don't know which side this guy was on but it was a troll thread

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Its good to be proud of your heritage! I too am proud of my roots, my father was sri Lankan and my mother was Romany gypsy! I am proud of my parents and eternally great full that they taught me to look deeper than skin colour! Skin colour is geographic and only represesents where you have come from! Its the journey from there that makes us who we are!! Keep looking brother and ignore the BS society issues!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Now that I've read the entire thread, I see that the OP is (or was) angry about Tim Cook being proud. So, I was right about that.

I personally don't care if people are proud. Minorities (blacks, gay people, women) have a right to be proud of who they are as opposed to being ashamed of who they are, which is what society tells them to be.

If someone claims to be proud to be white, it just makes them sound like a skinhead or racist because there is no history of white people in the US being persecuted like there is of the other groups.

But if that's the way the OP feels and wants to let people know, it's fine with me.

Was just about to post a similar thing, you saved me the effort

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Nobody cares. It's straight while male pride every single day, you just never noticed.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

REALLY???? You might want to check into the plight of the Irish who came over from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's then...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Groups like the Irish for to join the white race by throwing the brown and yellow skinned folk under the bus.

I'm mostly if not entirely Irish before you call me racist.

White in America was originally only for northern Europeans. The group opened up because racism was hard to pull off without clearer lines like skin color.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hmm. Just checked. I'm white. Didn't seem to matter until......

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Actually that's not entirely true...There are three delineatable races. They are caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. You are one of those three or combinations there of.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That made me think of a good bumper sticker. " I'm not proud of being white,a man or straight. I'm proud of the person I am, you should try it".

Jaden

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join