It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is acceptable proof of GOD?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Maybe the "rapture."

Maybe.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:4-5; 11; 23-27)

Is hard to prove the existence of God, when you have quotes like the one above. Even Him is telling us not to believe in anything that comes saying "I'm God, I'm the Christ". So it will be quite hard even for Him to prove His own existence (Even performing miracles or other type of show).
We can have all the faith in the world, but since the quote says not to believe in anyone saying that he is the Christ, well that kind of nullifies any attempt.
So at the end the thing is: Go live your life with the highest moral standard you can have, be good, just believe in God. And will see what happen when the day comes.

Jesus didn't write that. That was written multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived by someone who never witnessed Jesus saying anything. In fact, there isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived.

Just believe in God? Why?
edit on 29-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:4-5; 11; 23-27)

These verses are one of the biggest scripture evidences of the complete falsity of Christianity.Just like many "translations " very subtle additions and omissions have been made then "taught" as truth doctrine when in reality they are the doctrines of men and never questioned again.

“ ....MANY will come in my name, claiming, 'I am [the] [C]hrist,' and will deceive MANY. “

One added word “the” and a capitalization “C” changes the whole meaning .It only has to be understood in context to see Christianity's version is patently incorrect. Yahoshua said MANY not a few( even a million in comparison to multiple billions is only a few).He clearly said they “come” in his name and “say” they are “christ”(prophesy)….which means anointed(the power of the creator God) whereas Yahoshua is THE christ(in Hebrew it is one word Hamashiach) which is THE anointing.There is only one group of MANY that say this and come in Jesus name.

These many aren’t saying they are Hamashiach they are saying they are anointed WITH the anointing.That’s why they “come” in Jesus name however they are deceiving(and deceived) because they are NOT anointed.They come(believe) they are anointed(with the power of the creator God) and do many signs and even miracles that are only deception.Yahoshua said the same thing in Matthew 7

“MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name and in your name have cast out devils and in your name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.”

This is as clear as the scriptures get yet billions believe just the opposite.These scriptures are meaningless to them because it doesn’t fit their religious agenda of belief.They believe THEY are the chosen “few” when in fact they are the largest part of the MANY and the ones Yahoshua singled out as being deceived deceivers(John called them antichrist).They claim to “know” the creator God when they CAN”T because they are thoroughly deceived and believe they are the chosen few when they are in fact the MANY.

Christianity has spent 2 millenniums trying to convince the "gentile unbelievers" of “their God’s” existence when in fact “their God” is nothing more than an idol of their religion and does not exist.The clear fact is..the creator God can not be proved if they could ,they would not be the creator God but only the vain religious imaginations of man made in their own image(an idol of themselves ).

edit on 29-10-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
IMO?

Let the sky open and God's voice come thundering down.

Let all humans on the planet hear him in our native tongues, at the same time. Show us miracle work right before our eyes.

Some suggestions:

1. Clean up the ocean.
2. Revert some deserts back to rain forest.
3. Cure a major ailment or disease instantaneously.

Other than that..

I'm probably not going to bite.

I know I'm asking a lot, but people claim God can do a lot of things. Seems like the 3 above would be a drop in the hat for Yaweh.

~Tenth

although frankly if some god did decide to do that, its a little disheartening to realize that he only did it to prove he existed rather than as an act of duty. "just reminding you im still here...not that it will really do anything for you"

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The word and natural human function to believe becomes useless when we have definitive proof. We will only know when we should. Till then we will continue to have faith.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: EaglesFan

How about you show me the human being that created everything inside and outside of the Universe... Solve that before you question the existence of God.

How about you show me a supernatural deity who can create anything.

I can't and I'm happy to admit that.. It depends what you believe God actually is. Some believe a superhuman entity waving his magic wand somewhere, others just the creator of all things with no form/body etc and I am one of those people when it comes to the 2nd one.

Now maybe there is something outside the Universe and the Universe is just the body of God but those are questions that no-one can probably answer.. All I know is that Humans did not create themselves and something did give us the ability to think, speak, listen and the rest... If something can put that into a body then I don't see why there wouldn't be similar in the spiritual realm or body also. We just need to think a bit harder when it comes to this topic, it's all we can really do.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

As if I have to conform to my belief in reality? Why would I do that when every single person could care less about righteousness? The mind has a purpose to be utilized, not wasted.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

How about you show me the human being that created everything inside and outside of the Universe... Solve that before you question the existence of God.

I can't and I'm happy to admit that.. It depends what you believe God actually is. Some believe a superhuman entity waving his magic wand somewhere, others just the creator of all things with no form/body etc and I am one of those people when it comes to the 2nd one.

Now maybe there is something outside the Universe and the Universe is just the body of God but those are questions that no-one can probably answer.. All I know is that Humans did not create themselves and something did give us the ability to think, speak, listen and the rest... If something can put that into a body then I don't see why there wouldn't be similar in the spiritual realm or body also. We just need to think a bit harder when it comes to this topic, it's all we can really do.

Definitions are part of the problem but I see no point in altering the meaning of a a well-established word. Choose another word. Make up one if you have to.

You're assuming that humans were created and given the ability to think, speak, listen, etc.. There's simply no evidence for that. Of course that need not prevent you from believing it. As you suggest, we can only think a bit harder and, preferably, out of the box.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyer
a reply to: Tangerine

As if I have to conform to my belief in reality? Why would I do that when every single person could care less about righteousness? The mind has a purpose to be utilized, not wasted.

So you're saying that you don't have to conform to the reality of when the Dead Sea Scrolls were written because no one cares about righteousness and minds have a purpose? Huh? That's pure gibberish.

(I tried to add greyer's original post but I couldn't get it to appear)

edit on 30-10-2014 by Tangerine because: attempted to add greyer's original post

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Jesus didn't write that. That was written multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived by someone who never witnessed Jesus saying anything. In fact, there isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived.

Just believe in God? Why?

Because there is more to this world than just this.
We are what we are because we are conscious beings, we know we exist, don't just live to survive. We add purpose to everything we do. Dogs and cats (and any other form of life here on Earth), they just exist, they don't add a purpose to what they do. Ask you this:
1. Do you eat just because you are hungry or because you like what is on the table?
2. Do you have sex just to procreate and keep the species or because you love your partner?

I live the life I have because I know that I'm more than just flesh and bones.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Definitions are part of the problem but I see no point in altering the meaning of a a well-established word. Choose another word. Make up one if you have to.

You're assuming that humans were created and given the ability to think, speak, listen, etc.. There's simply no evidence for that. Of course that need not prevent you from believing it. As you suggest, we can only think a bit harder and, preferably, out of the box.

You want evidence? You are already thinking, speaking and listening. What other evidence you want? Even from a scientific perspective, we humans evolved from an inferior life form, we gain the ability to do all that stuff by seeing, imitating.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why does it have a higher power in the sense of a bloke that is omnipotent and wants us to constantly behave against our natural instincts, when he has created us that way?

More likely is that there are a lot of other spiritual possibilities, what about we each have a 'user' somewhere that is responsible for his/her own human? [as in virtual reality].

Or what about the influence of our thoughts, maybe through quantum entanglement?

I do not believe in a god but I have my fair share of experiences that religious people have without believing in any biblical gods and so have many people around the world. Are they all sinners and need to suffer for eternity, when they are perfectly peaceful people at one with nature?

I would only be convinced of a god if they came down and did some miracles in front of millions of people...but even then I would have to take into consideration that it may just be aliens in disguise trying to con us.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

at that point the concept of god becomes ever more murky and undefined.

also:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I really seen no wrong answers but imo based on the word he will be proven when the coverings of earth (your flesh) is removed. At that point it will be too late to gather any faith in him. So let's be clear that when someone ask for undeniable proof of GOD they are asking to die.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You want evidence? You are already thinking, speaking and listening. What other evidence you want? Even from a scientific perspective, we humans evolved from an inferior life form, we gain the ability to do all that stuff by seeing, imitating.

The word I am quarreling with is CREATED. I'm surprised you didn't understand that. There is nothing about my being able to think, speak or listen that proves CREATION. Evolution yes. Creation no.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Why does it have a higher power in the sense of a bloke that is omnipotent and wants us to constantly behave against our natural instincts, when he has created us that way?

More likely is that there are a lot of other spiritual possibilities, what about we each have a 'user' somewhere that is responsible for his/her own human? [as in virtual reality].

Or what about the influence of our thoughts, maybe through quantum entanglement?

I do not believe in a god but I have my fair share of experiences that religious people have without believing in any biblical gods and so have many people around the world. Are they all sinners and need to suffer for eternity, when they are perfectly peaceful people at one with nature?

I would only be convinced of a god if they came down and did some miracles in front of millions of people...but even then I would have to take into consideration that it may just be aliens in disguise trying to con us.

You're using common sense. That, alone, separates you from the religionists. They think it has to be an omnipotent higher power because they yearn for a Big Daddy. The reason they haven't figured out how it is that this omnipotent deity wants us to behave contrary to the nature he allegedly gave us is because it makes no sense. Neither does the ludicrous concept of free will. Instead of thinking about these absurdities, they've found out that it's much easier to not think at all and simply accept that which they've been told.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I really seen no wrong answers but imo based on the word he will be proven when the coverings of earth (your flesh) is removed. At that point it will be too late to gather any faith in him. So let's be clear that when someone ask for undeniable proof of GOD they are asking to die.

That's quite a fantasy. Thank you for sharing your mindset.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What "alien", do you mean Apollyon, the beast that comes on the scene performing "lying signs and wonders"? Concerning the miracles, the con itself isn't necessarily that he's an "alien" in disguise, for an angel can easily be classified as "alien", which is what Apollyon is. Concerning his miracles, the con will be what will be claimed is the source of his power. The Bible tells us that Apollyon's miracles will be after the work's of Satan, and we know how Satan likes to disguise himself, preferably as an "angel of light", like a wolf in sheep's skin. So let me ask you this, do you really think that you are going to get the truth about from what, where and how this Apollyon character truly gets his power? You should be very careful what you are asking for when you are talking about what would constitute as "proof" of gods existence.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'd say that Christians could say they were given proof when Jesus was 'incarnated' on Earth.

For me, I prefer to discover more of what is going on in our Universe or medicine and science, I don't need a God to explain existence for me nor to give me social structure rulings or false promises of entry to heaven or damnation to a fake place.

The whole fear and worship thing is very primitive and the concept of a sublime creator needing it is laughable and morally reprehensible to me. Advancement in science, and releasing ourminds from prison-like constraints of religion is humanities way forward, not blabbering and squabbling over gods.

Humans needed guidelines to exist in social structure. God figures did that, Now that time is over, we can look to the stars or turn to our science books to see the wonder of life or existence.

The only way a god can prove it exists to me would be to open our minds to the whole of existence and purpose without asking for some prayer or fear nonsense first. God is human construct. Animals dont have gods, nor do plants.

Til then Ill keep star gazing

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC

What "alien", do you mean Apollyon, the beast that comes on the scene performing "lying signs and wonders"? Concerning the miracles, the con itself isn't necessarily that he's an "alien" in disguise, for an angel can easily be classified as "alien", which is what Apollyon is. Concerning his miracles, the con will be what will be claimed is the source of his power. The Bible tells us that Apollyon's miracles will be after the work's of Satan, and we know how Satan likes to disguise himself, preferably as an "angel of light", like a wolf in sheep's skin. So let me ask you this, do you really think that you are going to get the truth about from what, where and how this Apollyon character truly gets his power? You should be very careful what you are asking for when you are talking about what would constitute as "proof" of gods existence.

More threats. Predictable as clockwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join