It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is acceptable proof of GOD?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: TzarChasm
That is not what i wrote. I get that you want to find fault in my words so carry on.

can you answer the title question then?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: Tangerine

[

Remember what I said about the ALL? Hermes Trimegistus said:
God is the ALL, HE is the ABSOLUTE, HE can not be divided. And if HE can not be divided, how do we exist? The answer is simple we exist in HIS mind, we are a product of HIS mind, therefore in the mind He can create anything from nothing.
We were made in HIS image; so we too can create in our minds a whole new world, out of nothing.

Like a Matrix.

Hermes Trismegistus may never have existed; however some things are attributed to him. Among those words attributed to him none mention God. You have manipulated to achieve the result you desire and that is dishonest. "The ALL is MIND. The Universe is Mental" does not say "God" or "He".

"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding." — The Kybalion.

1.THE ALL must be ALL that REALLY IS. There can be nothing existing outside of THE ALL, else THE ALL would not be THE ALL.

2.THE ALL must be INFINITE, for there is nothing else to define, confine, bound, limit or restrict THE ALL. It must be Infinite in Time, or ETERNAL, — it must have always continuously existed, for there is nothing else to have ever created it, and something can never evolve from nothing, and if it had ever "not been," even for a moment, it would not "be" now, — it must continuously exist forever, for there is nothing to destroy it, and it can never "not-be," even for a moment, because something can never become nothing. It must be Infinite in Space — it must be Everywhere, for there is no place outside of THE ALL — it cannot be otherwise than continuous in Space, without break, cessation, separation, or interruption, for there is nothing to break, separate, or interrupt its continuity, and nothing with which to "fill in the gaps." It must be Infinite in Power, or Absolute, for there is nothing to limit, restrict, restrain, confine, disturb or condition it — it is subject to no other Power, for there is no other Power.

3.THE ALL must be IMMUTABLE, or not subject to change in its real nature, for there is nothing to work changes upon it; nothing into which it could change, nor from which it could have changed. It cannot be added to nor subtracted from; increased nor diminished; nor become greater or lesser in any respect whatsoever. It must have always been, and must always remain, just what it is now — THE ALL — there has never been, is not now, and never will be, anything else into which it can change.

THE ALL being Infinite, Absolute, Eternal and Unchangeable it must follow that anything finite, changeable, fleeting, and conditioned cannot be THE ALL. And as there is Nothing outside of THE ALL, in Reality, then any and all such finite things must be as Nothing in Reality

-- Notice that the use of all is in capital letters. Establishing that THE ALL is something or someone.

You are quoting me as saying things I did not say. My quote consisted entirely of the following: "Hermes Trismegistus may never have existed: however some things are attributed to him. Among those words attributed to him none mention God. You have manipulated to achieve the result you desire and that is dishonest. 'The ALL is MIND. The Universe is Mental' does not say 'God' or 'He'".

The rest of the post is from you and you continue to attempt to manipulate and have avoided honestly responding to my post and admitting that Hermes Trisgmegistus did not use the words "God" or "He". I have read "The Kybalion". Perhaps you should reread it. Time will tell whether you have the integrity to admit that you distorted the words of Hermes Trisgmegistus to include the words "God" and "He".

I did add the word God. But I'm not distorting the words, what is written in the Kybalion is up to interpretation. Like I said before, the use of capital letters in the text imply that Hermes was talking about something bigger than what our mind can understand.

- According to the Kybalion, yes I'm wrong I cannot say God, because as soon as I use the word god, I'm establishing a limit. And HE is LIMITLESS.

You want proof of GOD existence? I surely tell you there is no scientific way of knowing. If that is what you are looking for.
You are looking in the wrong direction, you need to look inside you. I personally believe in the existence of a HIGHER BEING (call it whatever you want), I have had various personal experiences without even trying to (no praying, no meditation, no astral travel), just happen.
In one occasion I was talking a preacher friend of mine, during the conversation he told me to "look out for God". I told him "is useless to look out for God, people loose their time searching for something they won't find. God is already within us, we only need to listen.

Revelation 3:20

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Your silly proselytizing convinces no one. Your claim to have morals confuses no one. You intentionally falsified the words attributed to Hermes Trismegistus to include "God" and "He". Your lack of integrity shines through your B. S. like a stadium light through fog.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

That is not what i wrote. I get that you want to find fault in my words so carry on.

can you answer the title question then?
i can tell you what it says in the word. death is the proof it will be too late to gather the faith one needs once they know for sure they need it. when the vail is lifted it will be too late. just look at verses about the coverings of earth.

I could perform great wonders from what i have learned but that would just usher in much more of the same. throughout history we see great stories that all end in death.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As all things are derived from the One Only Thing, by the will and by the word of the One Only One who created it in His Mind, so all things owe their existence to this Unity by the order of Nature, and can be improved by Adaptation to that Mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

As all things are derived from the One Only Thing, by the will and by the word of the One Only One who created it in His Mind, so all things owe their existence to this Unity by the order of Nature, and can be improved by Adaptation to that Mind.

"you will be assimilated, resistance is futile"

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Just having fun.

But basically that's what is saying.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Perhaps i should have titled the thread the exploding rocket proof of god thread. Sure most will find no relation but you can check the dates we have had two explosions since i started the thread. Not to worry though cause the skies are now safe again.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Just having fun.

But basically that's what is saying.

i know thats what you were saying. ive been seeing that message a lot in religion these days. perfect control does not mean perfect security, and perfect unity does not mean perfect happiness.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Afterlife is the proof of god

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ETWolf

you got it. the goal is to know before you die because after is too late. imagine turning yourself into a place for people to live and then when they get there they rail on about how you do not exist and shouting give me proof. make your self whole again and show yourself to me. it makes me wonder if somewhere inside those people they just want death for everyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ETWolf

you got it. the goal is to know before you die because after is too late. imagine turning yourself into a place for people to live and then when they get there they rail on about how you do not exist and shouting give me proof. make your self whole again and show yourself to me. it makes me wonder if somewhere inside those people they just want death for everyone.

because the afterlife is such a well documented place. where pray tell is heaven? can you point to it on a map? or how about hell? maybe you can pick up satan on google maps? surely you can describe all of the wild life and laws of physics we would have the pleasure of witnessing in this otherworld. oh no wait its all this love and unity and perfection and eternity and stuff you cant put in your hand or draw on a piece of paper. so really all we have is your word.
edit on 8-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

i agree that there is no shortage of fuel for non belief and all we have is the word of the lord and we have to muster faith to believe. For every thing i would point you to as evidence there is a contridicting belief. serious question are you here because you want to believe or you want to not believe? think of it like sex if i wanted to have sex with someone they would need to feel the same or i would just be forcing myself on them but if they go to a whore house what are they there for? we could easily assume they are interested in sex.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

i agree that there is no shortage of fuel for non belief and all we have is the word of the lord and we have to muster faith to believe. For every thing i would point you to as evidence there is a contridicting belief.

i have not yet encountered a fact that requires faith to be true.

serious question are you here because you want to believe or you want to not believe?

i am here because one day, there might be a final answer. a solid undeniable conclusion to this whole debate that will end it forever. im hoping i will be here when that answer arrives, because im sure if it does it wont be long before our research-savvy users drag it out into the open for all to see. think of it as the ending to the worlds biggest and more hyped up superbowl ever, only in this case the final score is a secret that may change everything.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That day will not come unless you first open up and start to fully see both sides. it is like a man trying to get knocked up. you weigh every proof by science and some form of accepted reason. starting out that way will not work. you have to let go for a moment of that you are already convinced of. only then will the other picture form. from your view now every thing some would call a miricle could be duplicated by science and thereby giving fuel to the thought that it is not a miricle. if all the world heard god's voice right now you would show how it could be done by us also. if an angel appeared to you then you would say it was a projection of your mind or the gov. program. if you ere sick then suddenly healed you would write that off too. if you go back in the first page and read some of what people would accept you could find a way to duplicate it in your mind. your battle is inside yourself and not in those who believe. if you are serious with me then go without food and forms of sex for 3 full days and then monitor yourself in the coming weeks and you will feel a change.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

i agree that there is no shortage of fuel for non belief and all we have is the word of the lord and we have to muster faith to believe. For every thing i would point you to as evidence there is a contridicting belief. serious question are you here because you want to believe or you want to not believe? think of it like sex if i wanted to have sex with someone they would need to feel the same or i would just be forcing myself on them but if they go to a whore house what are they there for? we could easily assume they are interested in sex.

Non-believers don't need fuel for non-belief. All they/we need is lack of testable evidence proving your claim of fact. Cite the testable evidence and belief or lack of belief won't be relevant because your claim will be fact. But therein lies the problem. You don't have an iota of testable evidence. You simply have empty claims.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

everything you said is your fuel and without it you would have an easier time hearing me.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

everything you said is your fuel and without it you would have an easier time hearing me.

I hear you. I find you very unconvincing.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That day will not come unless you first open up and start to fully see both sides. it is like a man trying to get knocked up. you weigh every proof by science and some form of accepted reason. starting out that way will not work. you have to let go for a moment of that you are already convinced of. only then will the other picture form.

what i just read in that is "forget everything you know to be true and you will start to believe what isnt true."

from your view now every thing some would call a miricle could be duplicated by science and thereby giving fuel to the thought that it is not a miricle. if all the world heard god's voice right now you would show how it could be done by us also.

thereby proving its not necessarily a divine miracle. which is how science works. you know, preferring facts over assumptions.

your battle is inside yourself and not in those who believe. if you are serious with me then go without food and forms of sex for 3 full days and then monitor yourself in the coming weeks and you will feel a change.

the battle could easily be ended with a simple conversation. although that conversation could also easily start another battle. but since the other party has so far been entirely unwilling to come forward (provided actual existence permits such an action) i am forced to stand by my current opinion. which is that religion has been and still is for the most part one huge psyop circus. and corporeal abstinence is not my idea of enlightenment.

edit on 9-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I hear you. I find you very unconvincing.

That could be because i am not trying to convincing you of anything. If i were them i would perform feats that you could not comprhend. It is you that has to convince yourself if you want to believe the proof is everywhere. this is not a competition for me. Based on my other statments here if i tried pointing out reason after reason for you to believe then really i would just be feeding your disbelief and making your wall taller and stronger.
edit on 9-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm once you start breaking down post shill style it just steers away from what the meaning of the whole post was. If my intentions were to convey the meanings you assume then i would have wrote it that way. it is a deflection tactic and not necessary if you actually want to hear my words.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join