It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shingles vaccine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I recall there being a recent whistleblowing campaign on this shingles vaccine and the hugely increased autism rates it allegedly causes. I read about it on here several months ago, around March when we just started hearing about the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

It was alarming because my mother has had shingles several times and my little brother is autistic. She told me she got the vaccine while pregnant with him.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wonder the same thing, i have one that effects my skin sometimes. ( overactive immune system ) which is really mostly inflammation and there are natural ways to treat that to help. I won't do that immune suppressor that can cause all kinds of major problems even death for a skin problem. Almost like chemo. To me that is just stupid. a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have to admit, until my father in law got it I had no clue either about shingles and when my daughter got it I did not think it was the shingles cause I was told it only affected the elderly. I was surprised when the Dr said she had shingles!
Mine was above my eye so again I thought it was maybe a spider bite cause of the location but the Dr said it was the shingles.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My grandmother lived to be 101....just as spry and self-sufficient as any 40 year old til she passed in her sleep- except when she was suffering from shingles.
The attacks were horrible! And they became more frequent as she aged.

I don't know if the vaccine works, and I don't believe in putting a chemical soup in ones' body ( especially children), but after watching my grandmother suffer, I did subject myself to the Zoster vaccine in the hopes that it is effective.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My Mother is 69 , she very recently had the vaccination , she became so sick by that night and for 3 days after..cold sweats , the runs like nobody's business for 3 days , her skin was ICE cold when I drove over to check on her.
Then for the next couple days she just felt awful , like she would have a very persistent headache and felt nauseated ,
had to lay in bed , it really affected her , her Dr. confirmed it was from the shot.

Now what was her body doing in response to the shot that caused all these symptoms?
She regretted getting it after the fact , I know shingles are awful too but there's no guarantee.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It was alarming because my mother has had shingles several times and my little brother is autistic. She told me she got the vaccine while pregnant with him.

Wow something wrong with that exposing some one with a disease ( weakened live virus it said, not even a dead one like they some times do) even has a chance at becoming full blown while pregnant. Something really wrong with that. What the !@#$ was that doctor thinking. If given when she already was flared up it is of no use the web site says so.

ZOSTAVAX is given as a single shot. ZOSTAVAX cannot be used to treat Shingles, or the nerve pain that may follow Shingles, once you have it. Talk to your health care professional to see if ZOSTAVAX is right for you.

Sounds like some liability there.

a reply to: JG1993

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Considering how many people have had chicken pox, very few ever get shingles. Selling the vaccine to all those who would never get it seems like a scam.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

I have to admit, until my father in law got it I had no clue either about shingles and when my daughter got it I did not think it was the shingles cause I was told it only affected the elderly. I was surprised when the Dr said she had shingles!
Mine was above my eye so again I thought it was maybe a spider bite cause of the location but the Dr said it was the shingles.

Was it really shingles? Was there any actual tests done on it or was it just the opinion of the doctor? You have to wonder what would cause your immune system to be dampened so much that this could get hold if it really was the shingles. Foods that suppress the immune system could be the cause. Stuff like some of the stuff in plastics used to wrap food could also contribute to the immune system problems.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is the thread about correlation of vaccination & autism:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I did subject myself to the Zoster vaccine in the hopes that it is effective.

If superstitious and makes you feel comfortable, good. But if you had chickenpox you already you already have the antibodies needed i would think. Redundant.
a reply to: nugget1

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: roth1

Anyone who has had chicken pox carries the Herpes Zoster virus and it can flare at any time. I had an outbreak when I was in my twenties and it was one of the most painful things I ever lived through. It's like being on fire.

Shingles, also known as zoster or herpes zoster, is a painful skin rash caused by the same virus responsible for chicken pox: the varicella zoster virus. Even if you had chicken pox in the past, you can still contract shingles. That’s because the chicken-pox virus remains in the body, lying dormant in the roots of nerves, and can reactivate many years later. It’s not clear why the virus reawakens — in some people it never does — but researchers believe that the virus is triggered as the immune system weakens with age or in conditions of stress.
edit on 27-10-2014 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My husband got shingles twice.
The first time...it was bad....very painful.

The second time I dosed him with l-Lysine and a couple of other supplements....and it was hardly a blip.
healthwyze.org
www.holistic-online.com...

My pharmacist does not recommend the vaccine.
Odds are not great you won't get and and not that great it will minimize the outbreak.
He recommended supplements.

However, should you get it and it manifest anywhere near your eyes....get thee to a doctor ASAP.

edit on Mon Oct 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix link

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have had several close friends come down with shingles and its not pleasant at all. I had the chicken pox when I was a child so I have wondered about getting it myself. My doctor suggested the vaccine to me several months ago but I haven't taken it yet. I am always on the fence about getting shots for this kind of thing. Even the flu shot makes me sick for several days so I don't take them any more.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

Was it really shingles? Was there any actual tests done on it or was it just the opinion of the doctor? You have to wonder what would cause your immune system to be dampened so much that this could get hold if it really was the shingles. Foods that suppress the immune system could be the cause. Stuff like some of the stuff in plastics used to wrap food could also contribute to the immune system problems.

Not sure what all they did to know it was the shingles on any of us but I can say it was very painful. Maybe a yeast infection or my body was rundown for whatever reason. I never really questioned it at the time. My system can not even eat pre made package dinners without a reaction. I have never had the flu or had any bad virus other than the occasional common cold. I am the person that never uses sick days at work unless I eat something such as I described.

So yes, to answer your question the Dr could have been wrong but then again it has been 5 years ago without a recurring event of what he said was shingles?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am curious what supplements you tried. I would like to go that way instead of a vaccine. I couldn't get your links to open up for some reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rogue7573
The supplements are not to prevent....but to take once the symptoms manifest.

See the two links I have above....and mostly it was l-Lysine, olive leaf and thuja.
The other vitamins in the links can be helpful.

Note that with the l-Lysine....you have to avoid certain foods, as the amino acids in them negate the effects of l-Lysine.....among the foods to avoid are peanuts and chocolate.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interesting thread on a personal level, obviously very divided opinions.

I came down with a case of shingles on my back last Autumn and my Dr. simply said "anyone can get it, you just got unlucky." He did say "genetics" can play a role, certain ethnic-backgrounds seem to be more likely to get.Stress can aggrevate.

I tried everything and I mean everything "homeopathic": collidal silver, neme oil, every after-market cream on the market,various baths and compresses, all to no avail.

It was awful...the pain, the feeling that i was "losing it" as the nerves would zing all the time, and also the fact that I couldnt get it under control.

Headaches, not being able to sleep or focus, it truly wrecked me and I'm usually very healthy, happy, and fit!

Finally accepted my Dr's offer of "Valtrax" and within 3 days, the blistering subsided. It literally has taken months for the skin to heal and I stll have nerve-issues down my right arm.

I did chat with the pharamacist about the vaccine: he said there is absolutely no guarentee that it will prevent outbreaks and in fact, may set one off.Dr said it was "up to me" to decide to get or not.

I get the feeling after doing a LOT of reading and first hand experience that it's truly "grey area" and they really don't know "how best" to treat. I haven't taken a vaccine yet and am not sure I will because I do fear another outbreak.

Of course the first thing they want to prescribe is "stress relievers": no thanks.I only took the Valtrex after all other attempts had failed and it did help things to heal.

I sure hope it's something that research is being done on, I have chatted with many people who suffer with this and it has no real "boundaries" in terms of who it effects!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18592703]DontTreadOnMe[/post

Thanks for the info on this. I will try and open the links on another pc.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Isn't there a vaccine for Chickenpox? If so, get that vaccine, you won't get chickenpox which means you won't be a carrier of the antibodies for shingles. Thus, no vaccine needed.

I mean, if you're that worried about it, that's an option for future generations. For the majority of us, we've all had chickenpox and remember our parents having chickenpox parties to infect the other kids.

I don't think it's something I would vaccinate my child for, when I have kids. If you vaccinate against everything, your immune system won't grow strong. Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Did you change your diet after the event, did you start avoiding the prepackaged food right after?

Could it be that some chemicals started that up. I know that if I take a big nicotinic acid pill, I get splotches on my face. The part it hit, the moles. After they got raw and scabbed over they shrunk and softened. I'm pretty sure the niacin pill did that. I actually boosted the niacin four times and the same thing happened. I also tried real hot chili and it also did it but not as bad. Tomatoes do that to me if I eat too much too. I haven't got a clue exactly what happened, I only know that things did get better in the end. Taking a high dose nicotinic acid pill can be bad for some people, especially those who can't handle the higher heart rate.

It's five years ago, I doubt if you could remember what you ate in the two days before that.

edit on 27-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join