It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just the one from the FBI last week about elevated chatter about attacks in the U.S. against law enforcement. They raised the vigilance on that letter today.

My thought is that these attacks are on LEO and military because there is already disillusionment in the civilians eyes with both of these groups and this would offer a way for the terrorists to possibly recruit more by, in a twisted way, siding with the civilians in the west.

link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
a reply to: neo96

Fair enough. I can only speculate but my instincts are still telling me this is a Terrorist Attack.

There in lies the problem.

Active shooters are now terrorists.

Which is par for the course.

It is still to early to say what is what.

Peoples first go to 'explanation' is 'terrorist'.

I don't know.

None of us know.

The only thing we have is second hand 'reports'.

link   
Inside of the Parliment Bulding:

edit on 22-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

link   
Jesus Christ.

I don't think this is the thread for off-topic arguments and debates about history or personal problems and differences.

The current events in Canada are ongoing and we should all remain on topic as a result. There really is no need to descend into pointless arguments on a thread about a serious and current crisis.
edit on 22-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

link   
I cannot believe you people are arguing about whether or not this is terrorism. Of course it's terrorism. No matter who's doing it or for what reason, it was an attack on the government.

What else would it be? An act of an insane person who randomly decided to shoot people?
edit on 10/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: forgot the question mark

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Anybody thinking possible False Flag to justify more Canadian involvement?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Fair enough. I can only speculate but my instincts are still telling me this is a Terrorist Attack.

this
'Radicalized' Quebec Attacker Martin Rouleau Is Already Being Martyred by ISIS Fighters
www.vice.com...

Abu Kalid Al-Kanadi is a suspected Canadian jihadist in Syria widely known by his online alias. Last week, the potential Torontonian posted messages inciting attacks against Canadians after Prime Minister Harper formally decided to increase military engagements in Iraq.

“(M)y message is clear. Canada initiated attacks on the Islamic State, so Muslims in Canada, retaliate & KILL THEM WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM,” he said in a tweet.

It’s clear the planned CF-18 bombing campaigns against Islamic State targets didn’t sit well with fighters on the ground, who, like al-Kanadi, now use as a justification for terror attacks on Canadian soil.

“Canada sends jets and troops to the Muslim lands, and kill our people. Do you not expect Muslims to retaliate?” he said in his latest tweet storm.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There in lies the problem.

Active shooters are now terrorists.

Which is par for the course.

It is still to early to say what is what.

Peoples first go to 'explanation' is 'terrorist'.

I don't know.

None of us know.

The only thing we have is second hand 'reports'.

Well...to be fair, nutters are typically alone. This is confirmed multiple suspects which implies a group and a plan. While it may not be muslims, it is definitely terrorism.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty scary. they Police are storming buildings and breaking doors down that aren't getting an answer from.

The suspect(s) are Pro ISIS (unconfirmed) they did have arabic writings on the scarves/bandanna they wore.

These scum bags need to be taken out, I hope the world gets together and does a huge military confrontation and destroys all forms of ISIL!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What does WWII have to do with this anyway? How come EVERY time something like this happens, arguing ensues over how crappy the U.S. vs Britain is, or some other country becomes the topic?

Updates would be nice, about what's happening in CANADA, does anyone else agree?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Not to mention that this group has quite successfully terrorized a major Canadian city. Isin't that the textbook definition of "Terrorist"

I don't think Terrorism is exclusive to Muslim People. Anyone remember Tim Mcveigh ?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: parker

What's happened in Britain?

Did I miss the memo?

link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Have you heard of problem-reaction- solution? You don't believe it is a useful tactic?

Sure have.

Like in the wake of the Boston bombing pipe bombs were reclassfied as 'weapons of mass destruction'.

In the wake of events in Ottawa guns will be reclassifed as 'weapons of mass destruction' the ground work has already been laid.

We gotten things like the TSA where dangerous objects such as shampoo, and other bottled stuff are have been 'deemed' dangerous. Where people now get groped, and other nonsense.

We ended up with the Patriot Act that was a rehash of two already existing laws such as the FISA Act of the 70s. The Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act of the 90s, and the most recent 'rendition' called the NDAA, and it's indefinite detentions.

Because why ?

Politicians never let any crisis go to waste.

But politics can be summed up NO MATTER where one goes as:

Create problems to create 'solutions' that cause MORE problems.

But that is not to dismiss the threat that terrorism IS to the west.

Because religion DOES NOT RULE the west. Where as it does the ME.

From where ALL terrorism comes from.

Because their politics,and religion is a marriage made in hell. Where it's ok to kill the infidels.

Like what we saw in recent events in Iraq.

edit on 22-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
I hope no other people get shot by these #ing cowards.

You storm into a building knowing that it will be filled with unarmed people so taht you can kill them, you deserve to die.

You kill a soldier guarding a memorial to the pain and suffering of millions of people to stop an evil doer and his minions, you're #ing scum.

Welp, attack on ISIS by coalition troops when?

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
What does WWII have to do with this anyway? How come EVERY time something like this happens, arguing ensues over how crappy the U.S. vs Britain is, or some other country becomes the topic?

Updates would be nice, about what's happening in CANADA, does anyone else agree?

I agree, we are all brothers , after all.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: parker

What's happened in Britain?

Did I miss the memo?

I think he is talking about the soldier that was run down and chopped up a little while back.....

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Does anyone think it's likely they will be sending in bomb squads to sweep the areas?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I'd bet good money on it. They're probably already sweeping buildings that they've cleared/evacuated.

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I cannot believe you people are arguing about whether or not this is terrorism. Of course it's terrorism. No matter who's doing it or for what reason, it was an attack on the government.

What else would it be? An act of an insane person who randomly decided to shoot people?

Just one problem there:

U.N. Can't Agree on Definition of Terrorist

No one can agree on what the definition is.

Kinda like the word racist that has been thrown around so much.

It has lost it's meaning.

link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Does anyone think it's likely they will be sending in bomb squads to sweep the areas?

2nd.

I don't. My thought is bombs would have already been detonated had there been any. With all the civilians getting safely tucked away at this point, they have lost the ability to mass kill with a bomb unless they planned it so that they knew where the population would take cover and are going to detonate once those areas are packed.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join