It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have opinions on this and solutions but it would get me banned,

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If you had fellow citizens only killing the people they KNOW to be the real enemy, if any exists at all?

How would they find that? normal Citizen versus a terrorist? who differentiates that? "Real enemy" is a vague term.
What if i kill an innocent citizen and tell you it was a terrorist? The soldiers are already doing that with drones and what not.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: neo96
I can't help that they are dumbasses.

Everyone with a brain cell knows what terrorism is. Governments and the MSM and the UN and whoever else playing with the word doesn't change the definition of either the word or concept.

I second that!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

You would have an entire group of citizens there with you who would have their own chain of command that would probably base its actions on rational interpretation of intel gathered that only serves the purpose of eliminating a threat to our people, instead of attacks being aspects of positioning for governments playing a chess game with other peoples lives.

Someone with an ISIS or Al-queda flag is a real terrorist. A village you suspect of supporting them isnt a threat until they individually have an AK-47 pointed at you. Neither would a camera be seen as a weapon on some poor guy walking down a road by a drone operator. Its more person to person warfare since no air strikes are called, no gun ships patrol and nothing is done by push button warfare via satellite images.

That would give the sneakers on the ground more discretion on who is going to die and why, which would avoid innocent deaths.

edit on 10 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I will use this double post to coin the phrase

"Sneakers on the ground"

instead of "boots on the ground" of coarse...

edit on 10 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yurimaster
Notice just almost all mass shootings occur in gun free zones

The guy used a double barrelled shotgun, non-restricted all across canada.....

argument invalid

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I am starting to think that the camp david accord ended with the vow to destroy Islam and we have been witnessing the operation action.

Islam is doing a fine job of that on it's own.

Can't blame the west because the ME is no different than when Mohammed walked the earth.

Yeah considering that's where they got their teachings from...

Gotta remember though, it's a religion of "peace". *end sarcasm*

-SAP-
edit on 22-10-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

My thoughts exactly!

My instincts are telling me that it's either a "homegrown" nutjob or a false flag. It's tragic and I truly feel for the victims. I'm Canadian and went to University in Ottawa and it scares me to think that some of my old friends could have been walking down the street at the wrong time.

So, when I say this, I'm not trying to downplay the severity of what happened. It's just that my gut says it wasn't a big coordinated terrorist attack.

It's still awful what happened, but i'd hate to see people doing something entirely worse in retaliation.

What makes me proud to be Canadian, is that the majority of us, are capable of thinking critically and not let anger or grief cloud our judgement.

In other words, please fellow Canadians
let's wait before we start blaming an entire race or culture of people because of what I suspect is a very deranged individual whose accomplice was probably his son/nephew. (Or someone very naive/easily led)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I know that individual Jihadis have a death wish (martyrdom), but ISIS and Al Qaeda as entire organizations must subconsciously want to be wiped off of the face of the earth.

They are systematically going out of their way to #$% off every nation in the world who have proven track records when it comes to eradicating global threats...the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Australia among them. Germany and Japan found out what eventually happens if you insist on colouring too far outside of the lines.

Radical Islam, it seems, is just going to keep pushing our buttons...until we finally decide to mobilize all of the resources needed to crush them.

The Canadian public was, I think, only partly committed to the "coalition" to confront ISIS...sending a token number of CF-18's to bomb targets in Iraq. If, as seems likely, it turns out that one of their number (or mental drones) has attacked the Canadian Parliament buildings - you will certainly see a drastic hardening of postures against radicals and radicalism (especially so soon after the terrorist car attack that killed a Canadian soldier).

Careful what you wish for ISIS/Al Qaeda...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm just now catching up with this. I'm so sorry to hear about the soldier. Rest in Peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: neo96
I can't help that they are dumbasses.

Everyone with a brain cell knows what terrorism is. Governments and the MSM and the UN and whoever else playing with the word doesn't change the definition of either the word or concept.

I second that!

I don't.

Because once that door is opened.

That makes every 'mass shooter' every gun owner in this country a 'terrorist'.

That opens the door to drones, Gitmo, and 'warrantless wiretaps'.

Just breaking gun owners have been put on NO FLY lists.
edit on 22-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

I am starting to think that the camp david accord ended with the vow to destroy Islam and we have been witnessing the operation action.

Can't blame the west because the ME is no different than when Mohammed walked the earth.

So you are blaming Judaism murdered 2000 Palestinian civilians this year ? And Christianity for the 50,000,000 dead in WW2? I didn't know we blamed religion for actions of individuals or governments. Cause that would be simple and tasteless.
edit on 22-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: OwenandNoelle
a reply to: Sublimecraft

My thoughts exactly!

My instincts are telling me that it's either a "homegrown" nutjob or a false flag. It's tragic and I truly feel for the victims. I'm Canadian and went to University in Ottawa and it scares me to think that some of my old friends could have been walking down the street at the wrong time.

So, when I say this, I'm not trying to downplay the severity of what happened. It's just that my gut says it wasn't a big coordinated terrorist attack.

It's still awful what happened, but i'd hate to see people doing something entirely worse in retaliation.

What makes me proud to be Canadian, is that the majority of us, are capable of thinking critically and not let anger or grief cloud our judgement.

In other words, please fellow Canadians
let's wait before we start blaming an entire race or culture of people because of what I suspect is a very deranged individual whose accomplice was probably his son/nephew. (Or someone very naive/easily led)

Good point it could turn out to be someone other than a Muslim terrorist but it still does not change my mind on how I feel about the situation with them world wide and our ongoing problems here in Canada with them. Let's not forget the soldier who was killed in Quebec just days ago by a Muslim terrorist.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Yeah considering that's where they got their teachings from...

Gotta remember though, it's a religion of "peace". *end sarcasm*

-SAP-

Also gotta remember the highested death toll caused by a "religion" is not Islam hold that title.

Then again, we would call them.. what was the term.. collateral damage? right... that.
edit on 10/22/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh so now we have moved on to red herrings eh?

Since it is perfectly acceptable for ISIS to nation build.

It's sure the EFF perfectly acceptable for them evil Jews to have their own country.

Hell all the other ME countries are ISLAMIC.

edit on 22-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The press conference is useless. They keep repeating "we dont know at this time" an that they cant confirm anything.

I guess its at least better than wild speculation...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ottawa police: "Situation is fluid and ongoing."

RCMP: "Situation is dynamic and unfolding."

No information given about either the dead soldier (family is being notified) or the shooter whose identity is still being investigated.

On another note, has anyone in Ottawa seen any drones being used in the downtown area?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Also gotta remember the highested death toll caused by a "religion" is not Islam hold that title.

Then again, we would call them.. what was the term.. collateral damage? right... that.

Blah, Blah, Blah...I am not aware of people affiliated with (or at least claiming to represent) any other religion, who are currently running over and shooting people in Canada.

It is radical Islam, and in particular those of the Sunni persuasion, that is the problem today...period.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
Several witnesses confirmed he was short with long black hair. As I mentioned in a previous comment there was one unconfirmed report that he was "native american"

The press conference wouldnt even confirm what weapon he had! But there was previous confirmation he had a double barrelled shotgun

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join