It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: neo96
Well, to be fair, even though green is the muslims' team colour (at least historically), ISIS members chose black for their pirate flag and in photos they all wear black with camo chest rigs.

So I mean, its very possible.

They wear black because of the prophecy about the black army from Khorasan of which they are convinced they are.

Knowing their prophecies will help understand their intentions, and why their attire and their flags are black.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

You must be living in cloud cuckoo land to still not believe the dangers we all live in today caused by these Religious Fanatics. I'm pretty sure there will be more attacks in other Cities across the World (I'm guessing) because we have let them live and breed here and pronounce their hate for us over the last 10 15 years but still we let them live beside us and obeyed the stupid 'Human Rights' bs.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
the English need our guns back ,they are going to attack us ,we should be allowed to have protection,

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD
Thats interesting, although as another member wrote black is the most common clothing colour...

And I assure you god and I are not on speaking terms!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yea, I too heard that. A native person as the shooter would blow my mind. Not that they don't have lots of reasons to be pissed off, because they certainly do, but I know so many of them and they are all non-violent and quite likeable.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Woah, crazy news!

Guy on Fox just said Norad keeps a fleet of fighter jets at the ready?

NORAD has full air and space capabilities. F-18's and some stealth fighters as well are permanently stationed at nearby Buckley AFB and the pilots are constantly doing air drills; and if the PM of Canada called for it, they will be in the sky in minutes.

NORAD is no joke and it is the central hub for all NA defenses.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yurimaster
Notice just almost all mass shootings occur in gun free zones

The guy used a double barrelled shotgun, non-restricted all across canada.....

argument invalid

Not really. The argument as presented is that the places where these attacks often take place are posted as places where firearms are not allowed for any but security personnel (and sometimes they aren't even allowed to carry them) regardless of whether or not guns of the type used are generally legal all over the place.

Basically, sure, you can own the double-barreled shotgun in Canada, but it's illegal for you to bring your personal shotgun onto the premises of any building branded a "Gun-Free" Zone. Therefore, anyone wanting to perpetrate a mass shooting knows he or she is unlikely to encounter private citizens with their personal shotguns in those places ... as opposed to say ... a gun range.

edit on 22-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Yurimaster
Notice just almost all mass shootings occur in gun free zones

The guy used a double barrelled shotgun, non-restricted all across canada.....

argument invalid

Plus there were cops and armed guards. Double invalidity.

link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Will update as it comes in. Soldier (one of two) was guarding war memorial. CPR is being performed. Medics have just arrived. Police on scene. Lots of witnesses. No news about second soldier.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

A bit numb at the moment to think it has begun in Canada.

Link

The memorial is located across the street from parliament. Three to five shots fired. The gunman ran toward parliament building, jumped over some bushes and was lost from view.

Reports of other people injured. Witnesses say a shotgun was used. Gunman was supposedly wearing 'Arabic scarf''.

edit on 22-10-2014 by aboutface because: adding news as itcomes in.

Seems like they traveled directly from Syria or Iraq on their donkeys in their Arabic dress, full of ammunition and nobody stopped them. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yea, I too heard that. A native person as the shooter would blow my mind. Not that they don't have lots of reasons to be pissed off, because they certainly do, but I know so many of them and they are all non-violent and quite likeable.

Where did you hear this Native as in First Nations Indian ?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
But it did happen to an extent before

But yeah now of all times, it would be intriguing...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How about a radicalized native? Canada has its resident Muslims just like everywhere else. Presumably, all it takes is for them to find a disaffected Canuck and convert that person. Then, if they start to decide that the radical notions are for them ... it goes from there.

We just had three teenage girls from CO caught in Germany trying to figure out how to get to Syria to join ISIS.

Never discount the power of youth and stupidity.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

NORAD is no joke and it is the central hub for all NA defenses.

Maybe when it was based at Cheyenne Mountain.

It has since been moved.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Well, let's be real. This is a clear-cut case of workplace violence. At least, that's what it was at Ft. Hood.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is it true that US embassy is closed in Ottawa?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: parker
Peter Mansbridge on CBC got one report and he only mentioned it once (that I saw) and hasnt followed up on it the 2 hours hes been on, he got a report that the gunman looked "native american"

link   
a reply to: parker

One of the first reports described the shooter as native with long black hair.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Funny about that and what happened on 9/11...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

It is in lockdown in the middle of the lockdown area.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

I agree with you. We will never keep the guns from the criminals. Just the thought of taking my gun scares me. that is my only form of protection from criminals living out in the country. It would take an officer at least 30 minutes to reach me.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join