It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
lifted this off another forum, cannot confirm

pbs.twimg.com...

might be pic of shooter

Definatly not Native Indian

Wondering if this came from a "jihad" type video that was put out there just before or after the shooting to claim it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

pbs.twimg.com...

might be pic of shooter

Long hair, black and white covering and a long gun...however he doesn't really look "native" to me.

Does it say where the pic came from and how it was obtained? That is a crazy close shot of him and would appear to be from today being that what he has in the pic fits the description.

just a poster at free republic, no link

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
I would love to say I dont understand how anyone could, but, the world is cruel...

I figured they would bomb the pipelines as they would be constructed, or something to that degree. Again I dont think this is the cause of this event, but its just worth mentioning because of the report

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

wow first time i see this! Fit the description ( except arabic writing )

And i recall the constructor saying they was more then 1 guy and the 2 dress-a-like.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Could have native blood ties? My husband is 1/8th and doesn't look very native as a result, but census bureau says he is.

But really, I doubt he's native, too, or at least, I doubt that's his prime motivator.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

if it is him, curious to know where they got the picture.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Look like a photo from a TV/Monitor. Maybe a security guard took a photo of their camera surveillance ( They surely have camera all around the parlement, we might even see all the footage later in the news ( I can't believe that the parlement don't have camera covering all the place )
edit on 22-10-2014 by FreeQuebec86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

pbs.twimg.com...

might be pic of shooter

Definatly not Native Indian

Never discount genetics. One person's visual idea of Native can vary from another. Some have obvious Native ancestry. Some you can hardly tell, some not at all. My sister-in-law is 1/2 Scottish, 1/4 English, 1/4 Seminole, and looks fairly Scottish (fair skin, red hair, blue eyes) Her mother was 1/2 English, 1/2 Seminole & was fair skinned, blonde & blue eyed. Grandma, however, looked very blatantly Seminole. Not even she was certain of her full bloodline, but she definitely looked Native American through & through.

That said, I'd find it very hard to believe any Native American activist or protest groups could go this far. I know they're steamed about things such as the oil pipeline, but I really would never have considered they'd actually resort to violence to get their point across.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My view on this situation. It is too small to be done by your own government, there are many people who are brainwashed by those radical teachings, one of them went further then the others. No conspiracy here.

I feel sad for the victim.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why people talk about native ?

Here in media, none talk about that. The more sided on the Islamic radical.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

Look like a photo from a TV/Monitor. Maybe a security guard took a photo of their camera surveillance ( They surely have camera all around the parlement, we might even see all the footage later in the news ( I can't believe that the parlement have camera covering all the place )

Odd thing is he is looking right at the camera, as if it is from a phone cam. Security cameras would be placed higher up, not eye level.

It also appears by his manner of holding a rifle that he is not very well trained.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I did see a twitter where someone was very close to the shooter, who knows maybe it came from them? There was an Alberta minister within metres of the shooter, who knows there could have been others that took the picture if in fact it is the shooter?

SunNews

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The first reports from witnesses described the shooter (who was killed) as short, long-haired, "native american"
later reports confirmed the first two descriptors but didnt hear the last part mentioned ever again

a reply to: Vasa Croe
definitely looks more like a pose

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

could be a phone.

But on the right, you see reflection, like the camera is photographing a monitor.

Lockdown lifted in some building now + Stephen Harper confirm will talk to media tonight. I'm betting they hold-off info until he told us all the info.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why is he holding the gun like that ? it would hurt if he fired it
why are his eyes pointing in a different direction than the barrel
this guy hasnt been trained at all

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Because one of the first eye witness reports came from someone who said he looked like a native. It was reported only once by the media and by someone on twitter. That person reporting it could well have been an immigrant too. So we have discussed it in order to show the fallacy of such a claim.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00
Why would it hurt if he fired it like that? And he doesnt need to be looking down sight, as hes clearly not actively firing in this photo

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: FlyersFan

Funny about that and what happened on 9/11...

Thank you to everyone for updating and keeping the thread going.

But as more and more pages accumulate.
It's getting harder to go back and find what someone was agreeing or responding to when they are not quoted.

What about 9/11?
I can't find where Flyersfan last posted..

Thanks.

If it was important. I don't want to miss that info.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

K, in french media, never seen about native looking suspect.

But they seem not want to say "he is a islamic radical" before it's confirm.

It's really hardcore, it's kind of like a shooting would occur in the white house, or US Senate...

In Quebec, in 1984 a crazy guy, ex-soldier, came in Quebec's parlement and killed about 3-4 people... He even shoot gun IN the room for the debate. But no deputy was there...

I think he was declared mentaly-ill.. So "not criminally responsible" ...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

pbs.twimg.com...

might be pic of shooter

Long hair, black and white covering and a long gun...however he doesn't really look "native" to me.

Does it say where the pic came from and how it was obtained? That is a crazy close shot of him and would appear to be from today being that what he has in the pic fits the description.

Yes.
And the info that he had a double barreled shotgun does not seem to match either. This guy is holding a lever action rifle as near as I can tell. the hammer sticking up is obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join