It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to Ordained Ministers: Celebrate Same-Sex Wedding or Go to Jail

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf

No. That's Transgender.

Only the obsessed would care

. . . . I'm out of here

Or someone who understands what words mean.

See you soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

No. That's Transgender.

Only the obsessed would care

. . . . I'm out of here

Knowledge vs ignorance

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Helious

Nor should you, if that's what you believe... just don't open a business offering marriage ceremonies to the public.

Ok, so I'm a little late, I just seen this reply. Uhhhh, what can I say?

I'f I am an ordained Christian Minister and I want to open a "business" (They are all non profit btw) to practice my faith. I will and I won't be strong armed by the far left into violating my religious views or the sanctity of my religion to make a FEW people feel good.

Screw your head on right......... What your talking about is insane. The first Amendment protects your freedom of religion. All churches are technically a "business" they have to be, they are not, should not, will never be mandated to perform religious ceremonies against their faith, that is INSANE and PERVERSE. I don't usually get mad on ATS these days but I am a little incensed at your post........

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

Nor should you, if that's what you believe... just don't open a business offering marriage ceremonies to the public.

Ok, so I'm a little late, I just seen this reply. Uhhhh, what can I say?

I'f I am an ordained Christian Minister and I want to open a "business" (They are all non profit btw) to practice my faith. I will and I won't be strong armed by the far left into violating my religious views or the sanctity of my religion to make a FEW people feel good.

Screw your head on right......... What your talking about is insane. The first Amendment protects your freedom of religion. All churches are technically a "business" they have to be, they are not, should not, will never be mandated to perform religious ceremonies against their faith, that is INSANE and PERVERSE. I don't usually get mad on ATS these days but I am a little incensed at your post........

A church is a church, not a business. We aren't talking about a church. Did you read the thread at all?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Brothels, strippers, are legal in parts of u.s. If they refuse to
accommodate requests they too can be sued ?

Get your head outta your xss

Should a stripper be sued for refusing to preform at a same sex party ?

Can you sue a Chrysler dealership for refusing to fix a Ford pickup ?

If I was a vegetarian, could I sue a pork bbq company for not
providing fruit ?

Should a retail costume store be sued, for not accommodating, or
offending you by what they sell ?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
eg. if you were to put lipstick on a pig IT'S STILL a pig ;

Sue me

edit on 22/11/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Should a stripper be sued for refusing to preform at a same sex party?

If the stripper told them they wouldn't do the same performance for the same sex party that they agree to do for the straight party, then yes.

Can you sue a Chrysler dealership because they refuse to fix a Ford pickup?

If the Chrysler dealership agrees to fix a Ford pickup for a straight person, but refuses to fix a Ford pickup for a gay person, then yes.

If I was a vegetarian, could I sue a pork bbq company for not providing fruit?

If the pork bbq company provided fruit to straight vegetarians, but refused to provide fruit to gay vegetarians, then yes.

Should a retail costume store be sued, for not accommodating, or offending you by what they sell?

If the retail costume store sold a particular costume to a straight person but refused to sell that same costume to a gay person, then yes.

You don't seem to understand the issue here. If you provide a specific product or service to the public, you must provide that same product or service to everyone in the public regardless of their race, religion or (in some states) their sexual orientation.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You don't seem to understand the issue here. If you provide
a specific service

You don't seem to understand the issue here. If you provide
a specific service . . .
A SPECIFIC SERVICE IS A BUSINESS IN IT'S OWN RIGHT.
Example: a male stripper who insists his rights to preform for females ONLY.
If you do not like it don't shop there. btw there is a difference between
public services and PRIVATE businesses !
Traditional weddings 'old school', is that not specific enough for you ?
What is it that you don't understand ?
If I had a dog grooming business don't insist on me grooming your cat,
it's all about specifics, end of debate.

edit on 24/11/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

What is it that you don't understand ?
If I had a dog grooming business don't insist on me grooming your cat,
it's all about specifics, end of debate.

You're still not getting it. If you groom dogs, then groom dogs - the gay people's dogs and well as the straight people's dogs, as well as black people's dogs, as well as Jewish people's dogs.

If you are a business that performs wedding ceremonies (like the ones in Vegas), then you should perform wedding ceremonies - for gay couples, black couples, white couples, etc. You can't say that you'll only perform white people weddings - unless you want to break nondiscrimination laws.

A private business may be owned by an individual, but they are open to the general public, as as such, there are certain public accommodation laws they must adhere to. Don't want to follow those laws? Then don't have a business.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

To call this PC over reach is really being kind. Its a form a Nazism.

If the government is so concerned just issue the marriage license and marry then there down at the court house.

No state can make churches do this with threats of any sort.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

These folks want all these rights but cant really read the constitution and really cant respect the rights of others. But such is the nature of the condition.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It's not a church. It's a business open to the public, or was when the story hit.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's not a church. It's a business open to the public, or was when the story hit.

Yes its a business that sold marriages that include a bride and a groom. They shouldn't have had to change that. If you don't like traditional marriage, don't get traditional married. End of story.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yes its a business that sold marriages that include a bride and a groom. They shouldn't have had to change that. If you don't like traditional marriage, don't get traditional married. End of story.

They don't sell marriages - they sell wedding ceremonies. I see on The Hitching Post website that they offer traditional Christian wedding ceremonies. But their website also invites couples to wear whatever suits them -- Hawaiian themed, or full Japanese attire, Scottish Highlander attire, etc. Does that sound traditional to you? It also states that they will provide a minister to perform the ceremony in non-traditional settings, like hot air balloons and roller coaster rides. THAT doesn't sound like a traditional Christian wedding ceremony to me. For a gay couple, "traditional" might just mean wearing tuxes, exchanging rings, and reciting the normal wedding vows in a chapel. That sounds like a pretty traditional ceremony to me.

What if the heterosexual couple that has the traditional ceremony also plans to have an open marriage with multiple partners during their honeymoon? THAT certainly isn't a traditional marriage. Do they have to disclose that to the Hitching Post? Is it any of The Hitching Post's business what kind of marriage they plan to have?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What if the heterosexual couple that has the traditional ceremony also plans to have an open marriage with multiple partners during their honeymoon? THAT certainly isn't a traditional marriage. Do they have to disclose that to the Hitching Post? Is it any of The Hitching Post's business what kind of marriage they plan to have?

Its none of their business what kind of marriage the couple plans to have, but I guarantee you if a heterosexual couple were to walk in there and say "Hey we're swingers and we'd like to get married here.", they would be met with the same reaction as a gay couple.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Religious folk need to be rounded up and sent to reeducation camps. Those who can't be rehabilitated should be put down for the good of human kind.

Happy holidays

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

A private business may be owned by an individual, but . .

A wedding is supposed to be a happy occasion, not a shot gun wedding.
I'm sure both parties would be happier in their own environment rather
than pushing demands onto others.
I am sure that gay's want CUSTOM made vows.

(regardless of private business or church)
to change their spoken word of their vows / book ex.
"___, wedded husband, and ___, wedded wife"
is by soul discretion of the ministers,
based on whichever book that they practice.
So now you are telling ministers their business ?,
That's just demandingly RUDE !
In the itinerary of business of
traditional ministers, they do NOT have to customize.
There is absolutely nothing more to debate.

The confusion could have been simply and legally avoided,
by advertizing the weddings as Traditional or Customized.

. . . but then,
there's still always the odd shat disturber who
tries to rock the boat no matter what.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Traditional marriage ceremonial vows
which ARE spoken by trained traditional ministers :
Do you, ___, take ___, to be your wedded husband,
Do you, ___, take ___, to be your wedded wife.

webster.com/dictionary

HUSBAND
: a male partner in a marriage

WIFE
: a female partner in a marriage

To customized the words should be based on one's
ministry,
However,to demand ministers to change their written words, or to lie
is no better than thuggery.

Would you change the words to the national anthem ? ?
It is not much different to those who are loyal to their own ministry,
and would NOT. Do not expect others to change, if you are not
going to change.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Ok yea a marriage mill? If that the case don't understand why they would care to get all sanctimonious at some point.

Anyway. The state/city positions sounds good to many, logical, fair.....but tis not. The state can make no law effecting the establishment of religion and this goes to the ministers who are really not agents of the state or society. If states want to allow legally recognized unions here the burden should fall on the state officials.

Trying to make an ordained minister, who draws his ordnance from the church and not the state is effecting the establishment clause of the constitution.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
If archaic beliefs have been standing in the way of social progress for decades, if not millenia, and have forced its agenda down everybody's throats, resulting in unspeakable suffering, how is a government decision to force these backwards archaic beliefs to change a bad thing?

We do need a New World Order. That is very clear to me...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00 government decision to force

FORCED thoughts, regimes are archaic,
thus belong with the rest of the cockroaches.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join