It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
this is where i freak cause cleveland is my neck of the woods.
im trying to construct a timeline of her travel and diagnosis.
if anyone knows more, please fill me in

www.cnn.com...

cant find anything about when she came here.

that article is saying she was here(cleveland) the day before symptoms but the cdc wants to interview all 132 passengers.

great.
wonder where all those 132 went when they left the hospital?

Link

The caregiver caught the deadly virus while treating patient Thomas Eric Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas this month. She flew to Dallas on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 the night of Oct. 13, according to a e-mailed statement by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She then reported symptoms the next morning.

“Because of the proximity in time between the evening flight and first report of illness the following morning, CDC is reaching out to passengers,” the agency said. The plane had 132 passengers, the CDC said.

and she was there 3 days for what and seeing who is the question.

The flight was the last of the day for the aircraft, which returned to service the next day after receiving “a thorough cleaning per our normal procedures,” Frontier Airlines said in a statement.

The health worker originally traveled to Cleveland from Dallas on Frontier flight 1142 to on Oct. 10, the airline said.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's stunning in it's stupidity

She flew on ***MONDAY***...after the announcement that Pham was sick on Sunday morning ..knowing she was still in the 21 day wind0w.

How many more people need to get sick before we quarantine anyone exposed? There are just too many uncertainties about transmission to HCW in this outbreak.

edit on 10/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i have been on board this whole time with the 'your only contagious if you have symptoms'..

that said

lets define symptoms? lets define a fever?

she was in cleveland the day before she was showing symptoms and diagnosed....that is too close for comfort

so the day before when she was here, could she have been symptomatic/contagious and not known it?

does an elevated normal temp of .5 degrees qualify as a symptom? qualify as a fever?
i think a person can run .5 degrees warm and not know it....

i know i am explaining this badly....

i am not confident she was not symptomatic/contagious while on the plane and in cleveland.

this is not like duncan that flew days before symptoms...
we are talking 1 day and i fully believe she could have been showing symptoms and either not known it or not cared..

why should we trust her anyway?
she was exposed to ebola and then knowingly jumped in a plane...

how do we know she was not showing symptoms the day before when she was here? cause she said so?
well i dont trust her

so i guess the reality is we dont know if she was showing symptoms....all we have to go on is her saying she wasnt.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The CDC wants to talk to all the passengers that were on the flight with her.
I wonder why?
They say ebola isn't communicable before symptoms show and ahem did not have symptoms when she was traveling.... According to the CDC.

So why the need to talk to everyone on the plane???
Anyone wondering about that?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I hope the CDC has the manpower to track possible contacts.

Nope, but the NSA does, and you better believe they also know who all of those people have been in contact with, etc...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why quarantine Nancy Snyderman and NOT a nurse exposed to Duncan operating in substandard protocols?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

she knew she was exposed. she knew she was in the incubation period....

i want to ask again

how do we know she was not showing symptoms on the 13th

the articles all say she was showing symptoms and diagnosed on the 14th...the day after she was in cleveland.

how do we know though?

are we taking her word for it?

just cause she says she was not showing symptoms on the 13th does not make that true.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

From the get go,the vision of the cleaners doing so without proper attire should have been a warning of things to come, for goodness sake, one, one isolated case, one man from Liberia, got ebola, how hard can somebody tell, it is to handle and quaranteen to give care to that one, just one sick person, without screwing up, didn't Atlanta took care of 3 and without screw ups

Itsn't that how you stop a pandemic, from starting?

How hard for goodness sake it is just to take care on one sick person,

Incompetence, idiots, morons, I can get more colofur names but I would get ban from ATS,

Can it be an agenda? why oh, Dallas was to be the place for it, why we in this nation of plenty can not eve get one sick person with a deadly disease in control.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So why the need to talk to everyone on the plane???
Anyone wondering about that?

the articles are saying just to be safe cause of the close proximity of the dates.....

im thinking they suspect others might have been exposed cause this lady might have been showing symptoms...

i want to know ow we are supposed to be sure she was not showing symptoms on the 13th when she was in cleveland...

i would love an answer for that...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Talk to them? really, really, how about quarantine all of them, they all has been exposed, darn we really have morons in agencies of this country.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
i am not confident she was not symptomatic/contagious while on the plane and in cleveland.

Neither am I. And the ebola is in body fluids. Did she use the airplane bathroom? Who used it after she did? She never should have gotten on an airplane while in her 21 day watch period. Deadly abject stupidity.
edit on 10/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Patient number two is Amber Joy Vinson

5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. She Flew From Cleveland to Dallas the Day Before She Was Diagnosed
2. Her Stepdad Confirmed Vinson Has the Disease
3. She Lives Alone With No Pets
4. Nurses’ Unions Says There Are No Protocols in Place to Stop Healthcare Workers From Getting Infected
5. A Dallas Judge Called Vinson ‘Heroic’
heavy.com...

link   
You bet.
Wasn't the initial fiascos in Dallas a wake up call?

Who is calling the shots about self-imposed quarantine? This is something greater than a trainwreck. It's a wreck that puts one wheel on the track and goes off the rails.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Talk to them? really, really, how about quarantine all of them, they all has been exposed, darn we really have morons in agencies of this country.

132 people can scatter fast too.

i can be in cleveland in about 25 minutes from my front door. it makes me very nervous.

132 people move in all directions. hitting the wal mart and the coffee shop.

paranoia starting to kick in

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I just read another source that states she started getting symptoms on the flight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ugh!

ETA: Actually, I may have misread that article. The sentence structure is confusing me. Can someone give an extra set of eyeballs?
edit on 10/15/2014 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
If it's true that none of Duncun's early contacts got Ebola, then it makes me wonder if it only becomes highly contagious in the late stages....or maybe it does become airborne towards the end.
He had a fever the first time he went to the hospital, and was extremely ill when the ambulance picked him up. I would have expected a whole lot more cases from those who had contact with him in the earlier stages, and far less chance of hospital personal getting it.

This right here.

Or maybe we are being lied to... the government and officials would never do that.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
GREAT! My local news is saying she was visiting family in Akron!! My family lives there and it's close to me! This is making me so angry. I've been angry for Dallas since the beginning. I knew Cleveland would be exposed eventually, but these idiots work faster than I thought!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If something doesn't drastically change with regard to exposure /quarantines - like today- we will be so screwed.

This is a nurse who knew the risks based on her attending Duncan, CDC knew, they were monitoring and still this travel happened.

Everyone should be outraged.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I am very sorry, (let me take a deep breath here), sorry that ebola could now be in your state due to nothing but stupidity, moronic and incompetent stupidy, this lack of safety and disregard for the rest of the nation outside Dallas is just to much to take right now, this is not a good start and perhaps no a good ending.

Take care, my friend, ebola is real, we are just starting to see how our system in the nation is nothing but an illusion of safety, prepared just in case, one infected in any hospital in your neck of the woods, taking into consideration the fiasco in Dallas and you know is bound to spread just the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
heavy.com...

She’s 29years old. The Daily Mail reports that her stepfather confirmed to them that she had the virus. Vinson went to the hospital where she works on the morning of October 14 with a high fever. Shortly after, she was isolated and tested for Ebola. Dr. Mary DiOrio, the Ohio Department of Health’s epidemiologist told Cleveland.com that she didn’t know if Vinson had symptoms while she was in Ohio

-------------------------------------------

logic tells me that if she had a high fever on the 14th then she could have had a low fever on the 13th

low fever = symptom

symptom= contagious

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join