It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Director Frieden just confirmed it is Nurse Vinson who is being transferred to Emory. He also said, "she should not have traveled."
The CNN "ticker" says she is stable, but Sanja Gupta says it sounds like Vinson is "pretty ill".

Dang, he is trying so hard to get off the phone right now.

If she is "very ill" already, in my mind, it is likely she could have infected others over the weekend, but I'm not a doctor.
edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

source
edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: add a link

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
CDC Director just said situation could change minute to minute, hour to hour. Four more HCWs under "intensive" monitoring.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
just like duncan, she knowingly put people at risk.

Exactly. And it's stupid selfish people like these that are going to spread this thing.

We are usually prep'd up for a three month quarantine ....
But some of my store bought cans are in need of rotation.
I'll have to go out tomorrow and restock those.

link   
I'm afraid we may hear of another confirmed case very soon.

Anyone heard anything about the boyfriends condition?
edit on 15-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

link   
Just saw this on skynews! Doesn't sound too good if I'm honest and don't know if its been posted already on this Thread but:

US health officials are attempting to track down passengers who shared a flight with the second nurse diagnosed with ebola.

Amber Vinson, 29, was on board Frontier Airlines flight 1143 from Cleveland, Ohio, to Dallas-Fort Worth on 13 October, a day before she fell ill.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it was working to make contact with all 132 passengers on board the flight.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes I get what you're saying...but this was a SMALL apartment...not a hospital, no regular cleanings, no hospital-strength disinfectants, no caregivers wearing gloves or ANY protective gear. I don't care how much he stayed away from family members, the fact remains that even in a larger house with regular cleaning, family members pass common colds easily, flu tends to infect everyone in a family when it hits. This is EBOLA for crying out loud...being dealt with in a small, crowded apartment in a poor neighborhood...inhabited by people who don't know their butt from a hot rock when it comes to health care, hospital-type protocols, cleaning up "messes."

The fact that they are (ostensibly (*eye roll here*)) symptom-free and are planning to be released from quarantine in a week or so really just boggles my mind. I can't believe it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And she is already very ill, as stated above, being transferred to Emory.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
How about "Coca Ebola"?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CDC Director just said situation could change minute to minute, hour to hour. Four more HCWs under "intensive" monitoring.

They know more are coming. They know more tertiary cases will come from these secondary cases. I have no question in my mind ... they know.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Powerful words. So true and so heartbreaking, all at once.

We at ats knew, too. From the get-go, we knew.

edit on 15-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

So she knew that she was infected and still put a whole bunch of people in danger in order to visit her family one more time before been put in quarantine.

The women is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if she is that truly sick her chances for survival are better in Atlanta than in Dallas.

Her littler escape could bring the first cases in another state and let no even think children been infected because of her.

Darn stupid women.

edit on 15-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Which tells me she was probably shedding the virus on that airplane.
She probably was sick then. I would love to hear from people on that flight.
I want to know who she travelled to see and what they have to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'd love to know the truth about Ebola's prodromal period.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
I'm afraid we may see another confirmed case very soon.

Anyone heard anything about the boyfriends condition?

I think the CDC has confirmed cases that we don't know about. They will drib-drab them out to make things seem better than they are.
If my suspicions are correct we will see a lot more new cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So she took the last flight out of Cleveland on the 13th and headed back to Dallas, I wonder how many of those live in Dallas and headed home to their family or if any took a connecting flight somewhere else. It sounds like there was a good chance of her spreading this to others especially now that they have decided to fly her to Emory in Atlanta. We can only hope that those on the plane have heard this and are going to be vigilant in self quarantine and temperature monitoring...rolls eyes and buries head in hands...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
I'd love to know the truth about Ebola's prodromal period.

^ THIS, for sure. Plus the incubation time, in Nigeria they quarantine for 28 days.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Which tells me she was probably shedding the virus on that airplane.
She probably was sick then. I would love to hear from people on that flight.
I want to know who she travelled to see and what they have to say.

This is from www.cleveland.com...

The healthcare worker was visiting family in Akron from October 8th to October 13th, according to the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).

So, her family in Akron has been exposed, potentially. I wonder if they went out to dinner, or shopping?

Also from the Frontier Airlines statement, found in the same link above:

Previously the customer had traveled from Dallas Fort Worth to Cleveland on Frontier flight 1142 on October 10.

Customers who may have traveled on either flight should contact CDC at 1 800 CDC-INFO.

Weird that the dates are different. Did she travel to Ohio on the 8th or 10th?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So she was ill on the flight?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

We could potentially see 76 new cases...that's how many people mishandled Duncan at the hospital.

Note, none of his family who had him quarantined in their house have shown symptoms yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21
One little plane ride could set off a series of events, sending Ebola to NYC, London, LA, Paris, Rome, Athens, etc.
Not fearmongering....this could happen. Ebola could come to Anytown, anywhere. Lord help us all if it does. We'll find ourselves in a Cormac McCarthy novel.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join