It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

originally posted by: Restricted
I just saw a news report on how the workers on that isolation unit behaved. Ebola training was OPTIONAL. Staff didn't decontaminate when they left the unit.

How can medical staff be so ignorant. No wonder workers became ill. They were flip about their own lives.

Yes , and i read also that the old male doctors with suits (size L) that fit them let the young female nurses with bulky suits that were too big (size L) do the nasty stuff while they supervised from a safe distance.

That doesn't surprise me. They're prima donnas.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My local news just said she is 29 year old Amber Joy Vinson and that she holds nursing licenses in both Ohio and Texas. They also said CDC says she came to ohio on OCT 8th but that the airline says OCT 10th.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tothehilt

I would believe the airline before the CDC.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
This is just more ebola madness bs. Ebola has been deemed unworthy of concern and discussion at ATS.

Nobody I know has it so nothing to worry about.

Hahaha nobody YOU KNOW.

And thats why people should not even Keep am eye on it?

edit on 15-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Me too. The cdc is on my s# list for letting her come around my family in the first place!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tothehilt

Ok, before I got on her for been stupid, this needs to be clarified, is she went to visit family on the 8, she didn't have symptoms, but if she did went to visit on the 10 then she was already feeling sick but kept to herself.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Apologies if this question has been raised...I was home for a bit this morning (took in a few minutes of CNN, including the demonstration by Sanjay Gupta about the "protective" clothing being worn per CDC protocols and how removing it can cause SIGNIFICANT contamination)...

But I was also trying to scroll through the posts here and saw some speculating that perhaps the virus isn't "shedding" substantially until late in the game, when the patient is terribly sick. But I still cannot fathom how Duncan's family members aren't showing signs of sickness...

Yes, it's possible he self-quarantined from the family. Yes, it's possible that the virus isn't as highly contagious until the late stages of the disease. But when he was taken to the hospital the second time he was vomiting - enough that he vomited outside the apartment. He MUST have had some vomiting INSIDE the apartment, some diarrhea INSIDE the apartment...and how did the family deal with those bodily fluids (sorry to be graphic here...but I think we're past the point of worrying about peoples' delicate sensibilities!)...

These people are just poor, average, ordinary folks...living in humble circumstances...much less capable of coping with illness and contamination, bodily wastes, etc. than a hospital and trained health-care professionals...

And yet none of them are sick and two poor nurses now are down with the virus. Yes, I understand the nurses were dealing with the end-stages of the disease and all of the attendant...um...ICK. But there had to be at least SOME "ick" in the apartment. I'm not buying, at all, that his family won't end up with problems.

Also: Texasgirl...you are in my thoughts and prayers, girlfriend!! And everyone in the Dallas area. As I was watching CNN and the horror of the experience of these two poor (front-line warrior) nurses was sinking in, I'm sorry, but I can't help placing the blame for all of this squarely on Thomas Duncan. I know he's dead, and I'm sorry he died of Ebola, but what he did in bringing this disease into Dallas and that hospital is wrong, wrong, wrong. There are people paying for his actions that shouldn't have to.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: butcherguy
Ok.
It is on CNN now.
Link

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the state Department of Health said Wednesday.
The worker reported a fever Tuesday and was immediately isolated, hospital spokeswoman Carrie Williams said.
The facility will now begin monitoring all those who had contact with the unidentified worker for signs of potential exposures.
The preliminary Ebola test was done late Tuesday at the state public health laboratory in Austin, and results received around midnight.
A second test will be conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

How reassuring that they have everything under control and we can now safely go back to sleep -- secure in the knowledge that we can trust the Establishment Authorities (and their shills) to tell us the truth.

Seriously, according to a nurse's union, nurses were caring for Duncan ("Patient Zero") without proper protective gear for days and had to deal with care protocol that changed constantly.

If this is true (and I don't really doubt it), this is a level of CDC & hospital incompetence that is criminal.

Or is the "incompetence" intentional? Like not stopping flights from infected nations?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Where is Duncan's family? Has anyone heard from them?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

On, the question about how the Duncan family didn't got infected, the only reason could be that he knew he was infected from the time he came to the US and like you said the family took measures to stay safe.

When it comes to the two nurses, they were exposed perhaps in a more direct way, as during the sickness the person does have lots of body fluids coming our of the body and it has to be constantly cleaned, specially the diarrhea.

With no proper safety gear its only a matter of time for contamination.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
SO CDC Director said last night that he would definitely care for patients in the same attire Pham wore.

They just rolled video of him on CNN in Africa a while back in a full hazmat suit NOWHERE NEAR PATIENTS NEVER TOUCHED A PATIENT.

ROFL I can't cry anymore so I just laugh.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
im feel sick now cause i am so upset. im shaking and very uppset.

i just went to the drug store and bought a box of respirators and latex gloves....tomorrow i am going to go to the grocery store and stock up on food and water. after that my wife, daughter and i will be holding up here at the house. we will not be going anywhere and nobody will come here.

i dont know what else i can do right now....

thats the best i can come up with in this short time....

im so pissed off right now..

the cdc needs to get it together.

anyone that was at the hospital anywhere near duncan should be in isolation and that goes for the nurses as well.

here are the facts.

she treated duncan so she knew there was a CHANCE she was exposed

she flies to cleveland to spend a few days after POSSIBLE[/b[ exposure

on the 14th she is diagnosed with ebola and has symptoms

those are the facts.

seems very possible that she could have been contagious while she was in cleveland.

a high fever on the 14th means there could have been a low fever on the 13th.

just like duncan, she knowingly put people at risk.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

And just now during the news conference, he stated one of the patients is being transferred to Emory for treatment. CDC confirms it is this 2nd health care worker.

Frieden is also saying that both HCW were treating Duncan during the 1st few days of his hospital admission, when there was a lot of variability in the PPE used.

The CDC is also now asking for people who were on the 1st Frontier flight to call the 800 number.
edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: confirmation

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Like I been saying and now is sounding like a broken record, we got stupid morons in our agencies leadership, I will like him to come an stand next to poor nurse Pham with the same attire that she was wearing when she was taking care of Mr. Duncan, this bubble heads just don't stop to amaze me, they are darn better jokers than the best comedians in the nation.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector
I know. It's maddening.
Looking at history, France launched a revolution over bread.. And just today, according to a CNN poll, 41% are satisfied about the administration's handling of the Ebola crisis. 43% disapproved, but still.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

That is the best news I have heard since this whole Dallas fiasco started, that hospital is very well equipped to handle infectious diseases, now I am pretty sure that if nurse Pham is to be the lucky one going there, she will make a full recovery, I hope the best for her.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
SO CDC Director said last night that he would definitely care for patients in the same attire Pham wore.

They just rolled video of him on CNN in Africa a while back in a full hazmat suit NOWHERE NEAR PATIENTS NEVER TOUCHED A PATIENT.

ROFL I can't cry anymore so I just laugh.

In matters like this, people are going to get real tired of these people (especially Frieden) trying to blow smoke up our collective butts.
This crap is deadly serious and they are playing games.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: AuranVector
I know. It's maddening.
Looking at history, France launched a revolution over bread.. And just today, according to a CNN poll, 41% are satisfied about the administration's handling of the Ebola crisis. 43% disapproved, but still.

Six Pack Joe and Jolene will change their tunes when they can't get their son Johnny into the ER for appendicitis because it is shut down because of ebola infection.
Then let's see how the polls look.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Like I said in the topic I created wait until this hits India. This is gonna be biblical we could see millions dead before this is all over.

Exactly, I brought up the same idea on another thread in this forum many weeks ago.

So many people in India do not even have access to clean water.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Amen!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join