It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tothehilt

Just like I said in my last post I hope the same for you, be safe and prepared we can no have confidence in our any system in this nation right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And that's the meat and potatoes of it. The CDC says one thing, but then goes and does something different. They say 'don't worry you can't catch it without symptoms showing and you can't catch it through casual contact' .. but here they are hunting down all those people on that flight. Obviously they don't believe their own 'don't panic' rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshleyD
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I just read another source that states she started getting symptoms on the flight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ugh!

ETA: Actually, I may have misread that article. The sentence structure is confusing me. Can someone give an extra set of eyeballs?

i dont think you misread.
it reads like she was showing signs on the plane.

i agree wiith your post in that thread.

my theory is she knew she was exposed so she jumped a plane to come visit family for possibly the last time. then when symptoms started hot footed it back to dalls

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just saw a news report on how the workers on that isolation unit behaved. Ebola training was OPTIONAL. Staff didn't decontaminate when they left the unit.

How can medical staff be so ignorant. No wonder workers became ill. They were flip about their own lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I just saw a news report on how the workers on that isolation unit behaved. Ebola training was OPTIONAL. Staff didn't decontaminate when they left the unit.

How can medical staff be so ignorant. No wonder workers became ill. They were flip about their own lives.

Yes , and i read also that the old male doctors with suits (size L) that fit them let the young female nurses with bulky suits that were too big (size L) do the nasty stuff while they supervised from a safe distance.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, total idiots. Ebola shirt judge is back:

Dallas County judge Clay Jenkins: 'We are not going to put protective orders on 75 health care workers ... the system is working'

Source: Breaking News

I tried to find video of the comment, but all the press conference videos I've seen cut that comment out. Looked like he was still wearing the same shirt though, the one he bragged about still wearing at another press conference after driving Duncan's family in his family car with no protective equipment.

They still don't get it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is a nurse who knew the risks based on her attending Duncan, CDC knew, they were monitoring and still this travel happened. Everyone should be outraged.

Honestly, I am a bit ticked ... AT HER ... as well as the CDC for their continued 'dont' panic' rhetoric. It's obvious they don't buy the crap they are putting out. But this nurse did something just as stupid as patient zero did ... getting on an airplane and traveling while not caring about putting others at risk. Selfish and/or stupid.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So it takes 70 nurses to care for one ebola patient, and now there are two. They don't have appropriate gear at all (hasn't arrived yet?!) even though a quick google search will give me plenty of options. So, that's a giant # show. What I am wondering now in reference to just the hospital: WHO is cleaning up the medical left overs? There isn't anything being said about that. I ASSUMED that hospitals had plans for super infectious diseases, like a closet that has the level 4 containment gear and such but we see that's not the case. Can we trust this hospital is effectively disposing of the waste in an appropriate manner? Is anyone asking?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

my theory is she knew she was exposed so she jumped a plane to come visit family for possibly the last time. then when symptoms started hot footed it back to dallas

I think you may be right on the mark, here. She was probably scared and wanted to see her family. Selfish, yes. Human, also yes.

Be safe, CardiffGiant.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And what about the crazy idiots who welcomed her visit?!!?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Just like I said in my last post I hope the same for you, be safe and prepared we can no have confidence in our any system in this nation right now.

Thank you. I can't stop looking at my one and a half year old son and crying. I've been nervous about ebola and now I'm terrified! Scariest part= I'm a nurse, my mom is a nurse, my sister is in nursing school.

link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Is just un freaking believable, the suits just open their mouth to spew whatever they are told ot spew for the sake of national security and no to create hysteria, but at the same time they are tucked safely in their littler world while the nations suffers, they morons survives while the people pay the price of their incompetence.

edit on 15-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm also ticked with her.

WTH? How could anyone be so careless? I'm sorry she has contracted it but you don't go and travel by plane and possibly expose others! Especially when you already know your coworker contracted it.

*Mind blown*

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree. She is just as culpable--even more because she knew better. Duncan hadn't gone to nursing school.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Please, just remember that you have somebody to take care off, keep your clam just for that littler one, prepared with you family and get ready for what ever is best for all of you.

I know that eventually is coming to my neck of the woods with all the incompetence going on right now, I just will prepare also.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wildoracle13

I wonder how the hospital intends to rectify this little blunder.

The nurses allege that his lab samples were allowed to travel through the hospital’s pneumatic tubes, possibly risking contaminating of the specimen-delivery system.

source

Duncan's lab samples were sent through the usual hospital tube system “without being specifically sealed and hand-delivered. The result is that the entire tube system … was potentially contaminated,” they said.

www.latimes.com...=1

The poor lab techs at the receiving end may have gotten a nice blast. Are they still using the pneumatic system, or are they walking samples from the 2 new patients to the lab?
edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is a nurse who knew the risks based on her attending Duncan, CDC knew, they were monitoring and still this travel happened. Everyone should be outraged.

Honestly, I am a bit ticked ... AT HER ... as well as the CDC for their continued 'dont' panic' rhetoric. It's obvious they don't buy the crap they are putting out. But this nurse did something just as stupid as patient zero did ... getting on an airplane and traveling while not caring about putting others at risk. Selfish and/or stupid.

Ya! Abso-fricking -lutely! ***BOTH***

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the last two weeks CDC :"You cant get it through casual contact"

Today CDC: "A portion of her body was exposed"

Really? Really? CDC if youre going to spread lies at least check to make sure they line up from time to time......

You guys are so inept you cant even keep your own propaganda straight

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
You're asking the single-most important question, one that the MSM should ask!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
imho its already spiraling out of control , and this now seems like a fumbling attempt at damage limitation,

cant limit this damage though they are just making it worse...

got those supplies yet?

Q

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join