It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
Clearly Ebola makes humans feel the need to air travel. That is the only thing I have seen that's consistent.

It Wants To Be Airborne!

I know it's not funny but you gave me my first laugh of the day. Thanks!

And, yes...I believe it wants to go airborne, too!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
How many other potential patients are on airplanes right now?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I plan on watching my hands more then normal in that airport! lol

Just don't touch you face, brother!!

Crap, Washing lol thank you for catching that lol........haha

Thanks for not drawing attention to 'your' XXXXXXX ... LOL
edit on 15102014 by Snarl because: XXXXXXX I gotta quit drinking...off to bed. Good luck with your trip, brother.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I'm starting to think anyone who has been in that hospital since his first visit should be quarantined.

I agree. Especially since it was reported that nurses tending to Mr. Duncan, then left his room and went on to treat other patients during the same shifts.

source of claim

Ugh, I hadn't read this cringe-worthy tidbit yet:

Among the nurses’ allegations was that the Ebola patient’s lab samples were allowed to travel through the hospital’s pneumatic tubes, opening the possibility of contaminating the specimen delivery system.

edit on 10/15/2014 by Olivine because: add a link

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GeorgiaGirl

If u like ur Ebola you can keep your Ebola !

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog
That's a keeper!

Thank God for ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GeorgiaGirl

Like another poster said, my friend, this Amerika no Africa, in Amerika we got incompetent agencies, politicians and hospital boards of governors.

It shows that you don't need brains to hold positions of power.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There's the rub, they can't force everyone to monitor themselves. People won't do it. The way the world works, people have to work to get monies to pay thier bills. They have places to go, things to do, vacations to go on, and people to see. Even if they've been in direct contact with the virus it won't stop them from living their lives as normal as possible until/if they get sick. And this is a major factor/problem.

a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its impossible without a quarantine to monitor perfectly all possible contacts with zero patient and patient number one .Dalas is not some village in West Africa, plus all contactees are simply human and all human have flaws.I dont defend CDC but they are not NSA or CIA.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
There's the rub, they can't force everyone to monitor themselves. People won't do it. The way the world works, people have to work to get monies to pay thier bills. They have places to go, things to do, vacations to go on, and people to see. Even if they've been in direct contact with the virus it won't stop them from living their lives as normal as possible until/if they get sick. And this is a major factor/problem.

Exactly

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeorgiaGirl

Are you kidding me????? What in the world. Why would someone who had been exposed to Ebola---a healthcare worker who should know better---be flying around the country????

Because they were told the first nurse broke protocol. They probably thought they did everything correct and therefore had no need to worry.

On the other hand, if someone knew they felt sick and got on the flight anyway, they should face some type of criminal charges.
edit on October 15th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
now i know how people in dallas feel. this is too close to home.

i want to know why was she allowed to leave dallas?
she treated duncan. she should have been in isolation....

myself and others have said lock the borders down and i have said if an american citizen wants to fly back here from africa then they need to go through a mandatory quarantine....
same should go for anyone who treated a person with ebola

this lady should have been put into mandatory isolation.

so far my weak ass timeline is

duncan died on the 8th so she was treating him up till that point
on the 10th she flew from dallas to cleveland
on the 13th she flew back to dallas
she was showing symptoms and diagnosed on the 14th

so after she was exposed to ebola she went through 2 airports, 2 states, and bummed around cleveland for almost 36 hours.
wtf!!!!!!

how is this supposed to be contained if this is allowed to happen

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

unless she wasn't?

I think you just hit the nail on the head there!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And the dumb f*cker flew while in self imposed quarantine.

Source
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

edit: NM, already posted, sorry.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

hopefuly the morons that are handling the ebola outbreak in Dallas will get off their head out their rear end and high horses of bureaucracy and politics and starts to take ebola seriously before gets our of control.

Something about insanity's definition comes to mind here...

The waste piled to the ceiling?

They probably contract out cleaning, which means transport, which means permits:

Brad Smith of the Cleaning Guys, the company hired to sanitize the apartment, said they do not have the proper permits to transport hazardous waste on Texas highways. The company specializes in hazmat and biohazard cleaning services.

Smith said authorities sent them away late Thursday before they entered the apartment and told them to come back with proper permits. It's unclear how long that will take.

"The permit is being processed through DOT (Department of Transportation) because it is a special permit," Smith said.
"This is a unique situation. Once awarded our hazmat teams will be allowed back inside to do their jobs."

Source: CNN

From thebstpry about why Duncan's apartment took so long to be cleaned.

We are at the mercy of pencil pushers and paper shufflers.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

But isn't that what they want. People to carry on, stimulate the economy, buy your Starbucks, travel 'Carry on my Wayward Son'

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

it is a major problem.

i can see some dumb ass every day joe not fully grasping the fact that he was exposed but this is a nurse.

she knew she was exposed to it...how could she possibly think its a good idea to travel?

you know when this all started i thought its not really going to be a big deal. i thought the cdc could/would handle it. i thought we would just lock it down and isolate people that were exposed and handle the situation.

boy was i stupid.

its very clear now that none of that is going to happen. they cant even seem to keep an eye on the people they know for sure were exposed..the nurses at the hospital....
how can they be expected to keep an eye on all the possible people they exposed?

now i see how this can spread very easily.....

the gov/cdc/whoever should be doing a better job..

now the cdc is asing all 132 people that were on that flight to call an 800 number for an interview....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
FFS! There is a serious disconnect or breakdown here...

If the nurse supervisors at Texas Presbyterian were calling BS on the hazmat protocols/handling, then this nurse knew as well. She certainly knew that Pham was sick, right? So nurses, hospital and ultimately the CDC knew that HCWs were exposed ...they have been monitored at least in part so how the heck did anyone, this nurse included, think it was okay to fly - symptoms or not!!!??

Either the CDC has been sitting on this info or someone dropped the ball with regard to the stipulations of monitoring.

It's just not making sense or adding up to me..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is going to spread and it'll be because of basic human stupidity. She should have known better ...

Frontier Airlines ... Cleveland to Dallas ... just hours before going to the hospital with symptoms. 132 people on the plane PLUS all those people that she ran into, bumped into .. all those people who used bathrooms after she did .... and whoever she was with in Cleveland - home or hotel w/staff.

Airline stocks are trading down today on the DOW.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nurse Pham wasn't diagnosed until the 13th. Nurse Vinson flew out on the 10th. She flew back on the 13th. Maybe she had not heard about Nurse Pham yet. Both thought they were safe in their gowns, gloves, and face mask.

CDC is still culpable for giving HCW's a sense of security with their protocol.
edit on 15-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join