It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: cloaked4u
a reply to: Xeven

IF TRUE: When EBOLA is put in the sun's ray's it dies. IF this statement is true, then setup an I.V with a clear tube and let your blood go thru the clear tube and the sun's ray's will kill the ebolea and feed the line back into your body. EBOLA CURE. Then your body can make anti-bodies against ebola.

Slightly off topic, but I've been thinking about this sort of thing lately; is it possible that suntanning, sun exposure, is healthy because not only are you making Vitamin D which is associated with a better immune system, but the UV rays get through to the capillaries and we know UV rays sterilize things? Could it be that simple for the less virulent infections? Get sunlight and your blood will be zapped with UV and cleaned? And higher melanin amounts would require longer sun exposures, making Africans more susceptible to infections? I bet a full body sun exposure would mean that within a short hour or two, all your blood would be so exposed to sunlight?

I have trouble with this theory since this disease is supposedly running rabid in Africa, one of the sunniest places on our planet. Most pictures show sick people partially clothed or naked, lying on the ground fully exposed to the sun, the sun doesn't seem to be healing them. If exposure to the sun was effective, I don't think there would be so many active cases in Africa.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Wow this is really bad! So considering it was at the same hospital as Duncan, was it someone who was treating him then?? Maybe now they will realise hazmat gear is NOT going to help them from being infected. This is bad i really hope that person hasn't been going about their daily life spreading it!

I've seen the gear they wear, it's not hazmat quality at all .. it's basically two pair of gloves, a gown, a mask and a plastic face shield.. skin is still exposed ( neck and head ) .. and if you're not exceptionally careful about removing the "gear" you are probably going to be infected if any body fluid is on your gloves..

Sonjay Gupta tried to demonstrate proper removal on CNN last night using chocolate sauce on his gloves as an indicator of body fluid... he failed to do it and got it on his neck and arm

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Has it been posted that Nina Pham's boyfriend has been admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian?
Link

Also Monday, Alcon Laboratories confirmed that the second patient who has been placed in isolation under watch for Ebola works for the Fort Worth-based company.
The worker, who was not identified by name, is an “associate” who was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas on Sunday. The person has been identified by others as nurse Pham’s boyfriend.

This part is from an email sent out to Alcon employees:

“After consultation with the Texas Department of Health, we are confident that there is no risk for Alcon associates,” it said. “We are working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of Health to ensure we are following proper public health measures. We are taking all necessary measures, as directed by the CDC and according to our own internal protocols.

Copy of email image from twitter

Another source from local CBS affiliate
edit on 10/14/2014 by Olivine because: add another source

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

well that procedure for taking off the gear sucks. i have zero training and i can see that. actually let me say that if they go through the delousing shower it seems like it will be effective but not if you just yank them off.
sanjay grabbed the gown by the front and just ripped it forward with a decent amount of force. im thinking that yanking it like that would send all kinds of infected nano particulates into the air for the person to now breathe in.

edit*
if they are doing it like that it is easy to see how a person could get infected
edit on 14-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
this is interesting

www.huffingtonpost.com...

the who is saying within 2 months there could be 10,000 cases a week.

For the last four weeks, there's been about 1,000 new cases per week — including suspected, confirmed and probable cases, he said, adding that the U.N. health agency is aiming to get 70 percent of cases isolated within two months to reverse the outbreak.

^^^^seems sensationalist to me...that chunk of the article anyway. why would they count suspected and probable in that figure? i would think it is not a case until its a case...you know

so if they are using those math skills then i could maybe see how it will be 10,000 a month.
if they use actual confirmed cases then i think not
edit on 14-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: D4rcyJones
Oh, no argument.

Also, just want to express my appreciation for your expert comments re bsl 4. I'm guessing you wouldn't want to go near a patient with a biohazard 4 pathogen infection in the limited PPE he was wearing. He's nowhere near fully covered.

No. He was not. That didn't even make level III. We have a BSL-3 lab out back of our hospital. There 'used' to be one guy qualified to work back there. Not sure if his replacement is or not. I was asked to bring my certs up to date several years ago. When I asked how much extra pay I could expect ... they just stared at me funny. LOL

In truth, what he was wearing 'should' preclude an inadvertent infection ... but, that's if what they're telling us is right about everything else. Believe it or not, washing with nothing more than water will get rid of 95% of pathogens from your skin. Add soap and you get 99.9%. Unfortunately, the remaining .1% (when it's Ebola) is enough to do you in. Best to wash twice. LOL

I would echo your comments re: D4rcyJones. It's good to have someone show up who knows what it is they're talking about. We may not be making an impact on the general public, but the general public hardly cares about 'us' do they? At least the folks reading this thread are getting focus on the bigger picture.

-Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Does this ebola have anything to do with blood type? Are certain blood types more susceptible? I've noticed that the doctor that had ebola has given three blood transfusions.
edit on 14-10-2014 by TamtammyMacx because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
Does this ebola have anything to do with blood type? Are certain blood types more susceptible? I've noticed that the doctor that had ebola has given three blood transfusions.

i think the people that bleed red are at the most risk

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx

As far as I know, the transfusions have been plasma only. This takes blood typing out of the picture, I believe.... but I am not a hematologist.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Is some good news about the nurse that contracted ebola after caring for the first ebola case in the US

She received a transfusion or plasma from one of the US doctors that beat ebola thanks to the ZMapp serum.

I remember reading that Mr. Duncan refuse the transfusion when offered but accepted a trial anti viral

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 14-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I dare say Brantly is a universal donor, since he has donated to several people. Also, I'm not sure if type matters with plasma -- which is what he actually donated.

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Hmmm....
Guess Pham is the same blood type. So now the third time donating for Brantly.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Correct info

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It would make sense for Dr. Brantley to donate his blood to Nina Pham. He does live here and is the closest person to her that recently had Ebola.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7
There are compatibility issues with plasma transfusion. Here is some info, might clear a little bit up:

Plasma contains Anti-A and Anti-B antibodies depending upon blood group. Patients should only receive plasma which does not contain an antibody which could attack their own red cells.(4) Antibodies are important molecules our immune system makes to help protect ourselves against foreign things such as bacteria and viruses. Antibodies can also be formed in response to different blood groups. Group O people have both Anti-A and Anti-B so group O plasma can ONLY be given to group O patients. If group O plasma were given to a group A patient, the Anti-A will attack the patient’s group A red cells.(4) Group A plasma contains anti-B. Group A plasma can only be given to patients who are group A or O i.e. only patients who do not have group B red cells.(4) Group B plasma contains anti-A. Group B plasma can only be given to patients who are group B or O.(4) Group AB plasma does not contain any Anti-A or Anti-B. AB plasma can be given to patients who are group AB, A, B or O. Group AB donors are called “universal plasma donors” and their plasma can be safely given to any patient.

My Tranfusion

I see snarl did a search too.... beat me to it!

edit on bu312014-10-14T09:31:30-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 14 Oct 2014 09:31:30 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

This is funny, but I remember taking that same information in my high school biology class were we took blood samples to test for blood types, I know that is not done anymore due to "possible" complications of dealing with blood, but I am talking of back in the 70s, when HIV was just something never heard before.

I expect the nurse in Texas to recuperate, because the earlier the treatments the better, that if she was a healthy person before becoming infected.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
According to Dallas Judge Clay Jenkins' twitter feed, there will be a Q & A session at 4:30 pm CDT (5:30 pm eastern) to answer ebola questions. Sponsored by the Dallas County Medical Society.

You know, because getting thorough answers concerning ebola is best done with 140 characters or less.
[/snark]

Have your questions ready for #askDCMS

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have trouble with this theory since this disease is supposedly running rabid in Africa

Just commenting on your play on words "running rabid"

Ebola and rabbis do actually have several things in common. There is actually a strain of ebola that is a rabbis/ebola hybrid that began a few years back.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
[
I remember reading that Mr. Duncan refuse the transfusion when offered but accepted a trial anti viral

news.yahoo.com...

Where did you read that?I don't recall that information.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I see snarl did a search too.... beat me to it!

One team, brother!!

In other circles, we earn a "Scholar Tag" for it. Maybe we should think about that. There's a ton of information about this bug in a million threads. I've been thinking about that since the "Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations" thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It was on one of the links to when he received the anti viral trial vaccine, I posted the link on other threads, I will tried to find it again.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join