It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Damn phone.
edit on 10/14/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7

Type matters. At least per about 100+ stories I've read about his donating.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I don't think that is going to be any air travel suspended, ValentineWiggins, it may be just a gesture because mid term elections are near and some of the politicians are trying to win some approvals.

We all want those air travel coming from oversea stopped, but we all know that the air transportation will take a big hit, economically, we all now that when it comes to business and money we are secondary

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If the government won't restrict flights, maybe the people ought to:

1. Stop booking flights
2. Stop flying the flights pilots
3. Stop working the flights ground and flight crews
4. Stop handling baggage

They can't fire everyone if everyone refuses. And if the companies can't survive, oh well, poor risk management and planning. New ones will spring up when this is under control.

ETA: Like the cleaners at LaGuardia did (whatever happened to that?)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The CIDRIP announces that they believe the Ebola virus could go airborne:
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

They can't fire everyone if everyone refuses. And if the companies can't survive, oh well, poor risk management and planning. New ones will spring up when this is under control.

ETA: Like the cleaners at LaGuardia did (whatever happened to that?)

That's funny,

I agree but remember capitalism takes over common sense, because some can keep themselves safe and clear with the right amount of money we the common people have to work for a living.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: kimmie7

Type matters. At least per about 100+ stories I've read about his donating.

Thanks! Generally when I don't take the time to research something like its because I'm posting from work.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bella2256
thank you. I was trying like mad to understand that. It was well over my head but seemed like something. Just trying to educate myself as best as I can.

Meanwhile not sure if anyone has reported it as I only saw it on local news, another possible case is hospitalized in the university of Kansas medical center.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the news station report?

a reply to: mrsdudara

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There's going to be a CDC press conference in a couple of minutes. Just letting y'all know.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimmie7
lol, We called him Dr. Doogie. This kid was amazing. He called my husband aside before we left and thanked him for being nice to him (I was in and out of consciousness most of the time). Hubby was surprised and asked about it...Dr. Doogie (whom we keep up with even now after 16 years) said that most people thought he was creepy because of his youth plus intelligence...either that or they just didn't take him seriously. He's doing great things, and we're so blessed to have met him!

originally posted by: idmonster

originally posted by: roadgravel

My doctor? A 19 year old who had been out of medical school for 4 YEARS.

A doctor at 15? If the person doesn't have a Nobel prize, I think I would pass. 3rd world medical school or what.

Were you treated by doogie howser?

Wait until you get to my age. All of your doctors will be Doogie Howser.

Don't want to cause a thread drift, but age is not the sole barometer for intelligence, and intelligence is not synonymous with wisdom.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimmie7
Do you have a link to the news station report?

a reply to: mrsdudara

www.necn.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah it is funny. But we also have some control too. And power. We just never seem to us it anymore, along with that common sense you mention. Grrrr.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Conference is starting now...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Don't you think the tone of this seems different? More ominous?

I reeeally hope I am just reading too much into it. But we're at that window where people would likely be showing symptoms, like Pham.

I'm a bit apprehensive as to what they are going to say, TBH. If it's more health care workers, my God, it will be very hard to manage from a hospitals/healthcare workers standpoint if one patient can potentially infect multiple caregivers taking precautions.

Hopefully it's just about how CDC will proceed going forward.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Oh geebus. He's saying that NOW (past 48 hours) their most expert experts are in Dallas. Ummmm.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well here is the topical briefing:

emergency.cdc.gov...

So, may it's nothing more than what they will do going forward. I hope.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Live from Atlanta: Link

They are talking about going forward. My very big question is...NOW they're going to do this. I smell something funny.

Saying any place with ebola they will have someone on the ground within days. Erm is that not what they WERE doing?! And why not just send all patients to one-four places?

I can't watch this BS. I'm out.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well, didn't they do this last week? They announced further precautions at the airport on the morning they had already suspected the nurse was ill but only told us on Sunday at like 5 am, when no one was watching. Is that what's happening again? Announcing strengthened procedures before the release of further infection concerns?
edit on 10/14/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join