It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

Thanks for posting, I have it saved now.
I've been reading all of the Ebola threads for months now and am finally posting.
Can't believe they are trying to blame healthcare workers....

This whole thing is so scary, especially because I work in healthcare but I'm not surprised. I knew when it broke out the way it did in Africa it was just a matter of time. They have never had an outbreak this large, which to me was already a bad sign of things to come, especially because normally they contain Ebola very quickly over there.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

From what I've read there were close to 70 people who interacted with Duncan in the TX hospital. How many more will start showing signs?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

LOL that made me laugh.

That's funny.

They say the wee daft nurses are too dumb to follow protocol or put on a Hazmat suit yet THEY are asking the public to design one.

rofl.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: fwkitziger
The CDC is advising gloves, masks and gowns for these health care workers, when they should be following biosafety level 4 practices?

These health workers should be in biohazard suits and full face shields/respirators. Their gloves should be taped at the wrists. The suits must be full-body and taped to the disposable boots.

And before the gloves are removed they should be decontaminated... In fact, my understanding is the whole suit should be decontaminated before removal.

Are they actually telling these people to remove PPE that has not been decontaminated first?

Good Lord... This is just appalling.

You're spot on.

And here's the other part about *protocols*. You don't keep people infected with a Class IV pathogen around other people. Are there other people in that hospital? Somebody is absolutely *trying* to turn this into an epidemic.

Have you not seen the videos of the set-up employed by MSF over in Africa? They've got the people geographically isolated in *makeshift* hospitals constructed of tents and cargo netting. They're doing that for a reason ... not out of necessity. Brick and mortar hospitals are exactly the wrong place to be caring for the infected. Aye Yai Yai ... sigh

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have always had this picture in my mind of Duncan being triaged, the thermometer thingie ...they just slap a little piece of plastic over it. Usually they aren't even wearing gloves. Sometimes the person lets the health care worker hold the thermometer in their mouth, sometimes they hold it themselves...by the thermometer, not the protective plastic. I can't remember ever seeing the triage nurse clean the thermometer after getting the plastic off of it... then I can imagine the next person sitting down, the nurse/health care worker shoving that same plastic thermometer back into the box of covers...repeat...

HOW can there not be anyone infected from his first visit?
edit on 13-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure how reliable this is.

Saying that her boyfriend has been admitted with symptoms.

An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”

Gotnews.com has received word from two different Alcon employees, both of whom asked not to be identified.

Alcon’s U.S. headquarters are in Fort Worth, Texas. It is an opthomological pharmaceutical company.

Requests for comment from Alcon were not returned.

Here

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Here's the good news for the health care worker ... it is caught early because people are watching for it. The health care worker will get sustaining treatment early and this will increase the chances of survival.

In the case of patient zero (Duncun) .. he got treatment very late because he lied about being around ebola people and so his sustaining treatment started very late. This healthcare worker will have treatment starting right away. It could make a difference.

If this person dies it will be because Duncun lied. It'll be on him.

Oh really? I could have sworn when I heard this story breaking on the news. This health care worker was not on "the watch list". So she wasn't being watched at all, just noticed herself, she had a fever and took herself to get checked out. I guess they don't keep an eye on the health care workers because they're suited up. Obviously they need to review their confidence the covering up is not enough. They aren't in biohazard level 4 suits at all, having special spray down showers to be sure they aren't transferring it while taking off the gear. One would think they should be. I can't believe all they wear is an apron, with a surgical mask and rubber gloves.

Seems we shouldn't be too confident wit this virus at all. Fear everything about it, to be on the safe side

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”

Gotnews.com has received word from two different Alcon employees, both of whom asked not to be identified.

Alcon’s U.S. headquarters are in Fort Worth, Texas. It is an opthomological pharmaceutical company.

Here

This is from my family member: A girl on my FB friends list works with the nurse's husband... He wasn't "admitted with flu-like symptoms", the CDC came & picked him up from work... It didn't sound like he had any option

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Interesting, you'd think with all the available social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram etc...that some of these people would have posts about being picked up/monitored for ebola. I mean, the moment that her boyfriend found out that she was in the hospital for ebola, you'd think that he would post about it, considering the high probability that he was exposed so that people he was in direct contact with would at least know to monitor themselves. Just about everyone around this area has a smartphone, and especially if they were to come pick me up at my job the first thing I would do is find a way to get word out somehow, post something somewhere like "Being taken away because my (insert person here) possibly has #ebola" or something to that effect. It's weird how the people being watched/monitored have been silenced.

Social media blackout, or selfish ignorance...still trying to figure it out.

edit on 13-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

Here

This is from my family member: A girl on my FB friends list works with the nurse's husband... He wasn't "admitted with flu-like symptoms", the CDC came & picked him up from work... It didn't sound like he had any option

I have a screen shot of this. Can someone tell me how to post it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Go up to the banner up top, click on the down arrow to pull down the sub banner, and click upload.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Go up to the banner up top, click on the down arrow to pull down the sub banner, and click upload.

I tried that. Said could not open file.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here is the pic. Someone else can upload it the right way...

pichost.me...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here ya go:

...and thanks for that! See, this is what I'm talking about...

edit on 13-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady
I finished reading The Hot Zone today. I started last night and read it rather quickly. The Ebola Reston strain was air born in the Hazelton Monkey house. I was quite shocked to read the following in the final pages because in the mid to late 1980's I had a job for a courier service that picked up primates at JFK airport in New York for Charles River Laboratories. However at the time of the Reston, VA outbreak at Hazelton I knew nothing of it. I don't remember it being in the news. Once a week I went to pick up monkeys and baboons at TWA. When I read the last pages of The Hot Zone, I had a feeling of what if...? Three importers of primates were not adhering to quarantine regulations! Charles River was one of them. Anyway here's the part that put a scare into me 25 years after the fact.

IN MARCH 1990, while the second outbreak at Reston was happening, the C.D.C. slapped a heavy set of restrictions on monkey importers, tightening the testing and quarantine procedures. The C.D.C. also temporarily revoked the license of three companies, Hazleton Research Products, the Charles River Primates Corporation, and Worldwide Primates, charging these companies with violations of quarantine rules. (Their licenses were later reinstated. The C.D.C.'s action effectively stopped the importation of monkeys into the United States for several months. The total loss to Hazleton ran into the millions of dollars. Monkeys are worth money.

learn.flvs.net...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

Here

Don't mean to be critical (because there aren't enough facts represented to be that way) ... but, what the Hell was the guy doing at work to begin with? This sounds like the first 'prudent measure' the CDC has taken to date.

You CANNOT trust the infected. This is (IMVHProfessionalO) going to get far worse before it gets better.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Maybe he didn't know he was her boyfriend.

Otherwise - if it was a 'steady' kind of affair...I am entirely with you.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Not surprised at all if this is true, and it prob. is. I tend to find most people I meet are selfish, irresponsible and only respond to stimuli.

So sure a guy that was with a girl who has Ebola within the past month, thinks its ok to go to work and not care about other people.. Sounds about right...

Yet who knows.. Now we are starting to get the bullcrap smeared all over this story.. Now we have the its not real to its a conspiracy to just flat out hear say or rumors...

Who knows now.. Yet it has a damn good potential to spread due to people just not caring about other people..
edit on b182014-10-14T00:18:15-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Interview of Nina Pham's minister.

www.dallasnews.com...

Nina has been Skyping her Mom. Minister thought the young man was just a friend of hers.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: k3d59
a reply to: ZIPMATT

How about equal problem status?
And at least CDC admits airborne is poosible (not probable).

CDC Admits Airborne Possible

I think we need to be clearer on the medical definition of 'airborne' because their definitions are not always the same as we would interpret them.

eg. Addictive to me means you can't stop taking a particular drug (prescribed or self medicating). However, in medical terms something is only addictive if the dosage needs to be constantly increased so it's not considered addictive if you just can't stop taking it. (I learned this medical definition the hard way, several years ago, when prescribed a particular brand of anti-depressant. I originally said no to taking it but was assured by my GP it wasn't addictive so I decided to give it a chance thinking I could stop taking it whenever I wanted to).

I was reading yesterday that ebola is 'heavy' so can only travel 3 to 4 feet via coughs and sneezes before dropping down to the ground. As soon as I read that I thought of how medical definitions aren't always what we think they are. Maybe because it doesn't stay in the air, the medical definition doesn't consider it airborne but to me, the fact it can travel even 3 to 4 feet from someone coughing or sneezing would make it airborne. How many people could be sitting or standing within that 3 to 4 feet? How many surfaces could it land on within those 3 to 4 feet?

Does anyone actually know the medical definition of airborne'? I'm beginning to wonder if it's only considered airborne if it can travel beyond a certain distance or stay up in the air for a certain amount of time.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join